[OOC] Forward Lounge

joertexas
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Forward Lounge

#321 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:43 pm Just how corrupt is this society? Are we talking "Dune" or "Rome"? Something less so?

One could see that in some settings, this number of unattached children could become an interesting resource for an immoral hierarchy!

Where do children fit? Are they a set of creatures to be nurtured or a resource to be moulded?
All of these are middle of the road for Birach. No one will condone selling a child into de facto slavery, for example, but it doesn't take long to find a case of a drug-addicted parent doing just that. There are rich noble wannabes who groom their children like show ponies. Mostly, though, people are just people.

Of course, Elvira wants to adopt all four of them...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by joertexas »

Folks, I haven't forgotten about this game - the summer has been eventful, and my schedule's been full.

I will pick this up again soon...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Understand. Same here.
SpinwardMarch

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by joertexas »

Update - it looks like the other games are picking up a little, so I'm starting to gear up for this one to continue. It will probably be next week, since I'm going for my second COVID vaccine shot on Thursday. Depending on how I feel after that, I'll try to resume this game early next week.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by The Bindoner »

joertexas wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:43 pm Update - it looks like the other games are picking up a little, so I'm starting to gear up for this one to continue. It will probably be next week, since I'm going for my second COVID vaccine shot on Thursday. Depending on how I feel after that, I'll try to resume this game early next week.
So much good news in one post :D

Worst the second shot did to my wife and I was a sore arm, hope that's true for you too.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:57 pm
joertexas wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:43 pm Update - it looks like the other games are picking up a little, so I'm starting to gear up for this one to continue. It will probably be next week, since I'm going for my second COVID vaccine shot on Thursday. Depending on how I feel after that, I'll try to resume this game early next week.
So much good news in one post :D

Worst the second shot did to my wife and I was a sore arm, hope that's true for you too.
Honestly, I'd have not taken the damn thing at all - my wife and I work from home. Now, though, she's had to go back into the field, so we decided to take the shots.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#327 Post by SpinwardMarch »

The covid vaccine is just another one for the collection. It goes along with the typhoid series(3) and cholera shots I had at age 12 (lived in Middle East for a year).

I felt less than optimal for several days after the 2nd shot, but eh, better than getting sick. I had bronchitis for 3 months after the last bad "head" cold.

Hope all goes well.
SpinwardMarch

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I'm glad that you have - it make sit safer for you and the rest of us - I'd hate for anyone else to lose people like we did.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am I'm glad that you have - it make sit safer for you and the rest of us - I'd hate for anyone else to lose people like we did.
Well, "safe" and "effective" are words with a wide range of meanings, sort of like "airworthy" for aircraft. Look up the FAA

These vaccines are of a so-far-unsuccessful type, and are still in the experimental phase. They've had a normally unacceptable level of serious side effects, including deaths, and they aren't as effective as the government and mainstream media touts them to be, as evidenced in Israel. We will see how things play out over the next decade regarding side effects, though.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by BackworldTraveller »

joertexas wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am I'm glad that you have - it make sit safer for you and the rest of us - I'd hate for anyone else to lose people like we did.
Well, "safe" and "effective" are words with a wide range of meanings, sort of like "airworthy" for aircraft. Look up the FAA

These vaccines are of a so-far-unsuccessful type, and are still in the experimental phase. They've had a normally unacceptable level of serious side effects, including deaths, and they aren't as effective as the government and mainstream media touts them to be, as evidenced in Israel. We will see how things play out over the next decade regarding side effects, though.
I'd suggest that the Israeli data is being somewhat mis-represented and overhyped by "anti-vacc" groups. Anyway, this is a long way off topic!

We will see the long term effects over time - and we will see the side effects of not doing so much sooner. Although the dead tend to neither complain nor litigate.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 pm
joertexas wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm

I'd suggest that the Israeli data is being somewhat mis-represented and overhyped by "anti-vacc" groups. Anyway, this is a long way off topic!

We will see the long term effects over time - and we will see the side effects of not doing so much sooner. Although the dead tend to neither complain nor litigate.
True enough.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by joertexas »

Okay, I'm back up and running.

It's been a while, so please post any questions you might have as we all get back up to speed on this game. As you may recall, the interactions are very much character-driven, although there are plots afoot in the background.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by joertexas »

If anyone is interested, I've started a D&D 5e game here: viewforum.php?f=1170
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by joertexas »

Well, folks, it's been a good while since we posted anything game-related here.

A quick poll, if I may; who would like to continue this game?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by The Bindoner »

I’m still in. Never closed the tab :)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Tiglath »

Still in but I have pondered the game from time to time and am aware of the heavy lifting/extra mile required for a noble campaign! ;) :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by shaidar »

I'm still in.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Still have my charater in the Traveller folder, so yes.
SpinwardMarch

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by joertexas »

Okay.

Let me see what I can put together over the next week to get things moving again.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#340 Post by dmw71 »

Just checking in to see if this game should be archived as it has been stagnant for quite a while.

Keep in mind, an archived game can always be restored when it's ready to be resumed.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”