Temple Action thread #2

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Temple Action thread #2

#81 Post by onlyme »

anything happen when Felgorian flashed the amulet?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by Distorted Humor »

onlyme wrote:anything happen when Felgorian flashed the amulet?

Flashing the amulet did nothing.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:
onlyme wrote:anything happen when Felgorian flashed the amulet?

Flashing the amulet did nothing.

Then I have NO idea how to use an amulet, if not to show him that I have it. help? guidance? anyone?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by max_vale »

Beya winces at seeing the poor Thief hacked up by the beast and takes note of the warrior's enchanted axe slicing into the monster while her and the halfling's weapons bounced off. Thinking to herself; Gods, why didn't I memorize Magic Missile today?; she quickly shook her head and cast the spell she DID memorize for that day; and hoped it would work as a distraction....

Slowly moving back from the monster and her companions; Beya cast Ventriloquism; and had her voice come from behind and to the side of the gargoyle yell out; "Keep up the good work Sjorvuld! I'll hit the beast with a powerful spell!"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Distorted Humor »

waiting for the halfling to post.

The Cleric, seeing his weapon has no effect, goes "Throw it at him? Put it on? find a Word of power on it? " (He rolled a good save vs. his wizdom, so he throws out some ideas.)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:waiting for the halfling to post.

The Cleric, seeing his weapon has no effect, goes "Throw it at him? Put it on? find a Word of power on it? " (He rolled a good save vs. his wizdom, so he throws out some ideas.)

I would have assumed he was already wearing it. One of the othe other PCs watched to make sure he didnt put it in his pocket. Did Felgorian see any inscription on it?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Distorted Humor »

onlyme wrote:

I would have assumed he was already wearing it. One of the othe other PCs watched to make sure he didnt put it in his pocket. Did Felgorian see any inscription on it?
Ok, as a DM I was not assuming it was worn. I will update tomorrow and also may need to do a "Time warp" to get a few things corrected, as I do not assume rings and armlets are put on unless someone says they put it on.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:
onlyme wrote:

Ok, as a DM I was not assuming it was worn. I will update tomorrow and also may need to do a "Time warp" to get a few things corrected, as I do not assume rings and armlets are put on unless someone says they put it on.

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I would have had him put it on last turn had I not assumed he was already wearing it. If you prefer, Felgorian can do that this round. Also, Did we pick up any rings along the way?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by Vargr1105 »

The halfling isn't doing anything except getting his second axe out and assuming a defensive position. If this thing is immune to normal weapons there ain't much else he could do.

That is, unless the GM rules it is possible to wrestle with gargoyles and choke them to death. :twisted:

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Distorted Humor »

Vargr1105 wrote:The halfling isn't doing anything except getting his second axe out and assuming a defensive position. If this thing is immune to normal weapons there ain't much else he could do.

That is, unless the GM rules it is possible to wrestle with gargoyles and choke them to death. :twisted:
As much fun as that sounds, no, but i will boost the Party XP for humor :mrgreen:

The Gargoyle, seeing the amulet, Drops the thief body out of the fountain pool area, then goes back where it was before it attacks, and stays still, the attack, for now, seems to be over, but the thief is dead.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Alas poor rogue...we knew him ever so briefly." Cohenbeort laments gazing at the dead body.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian realizes the power of his new present that the rats left for him. But he has no idea how long it lasts or what breaks its power. That keeps his worry level elevated...
He cautiously walks over and scoops up some water in the vial. He calls out, Can you bring our poor friend over so we can poor water on him? Maybe it isnt too late.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by Distorted Humor »

onlyme wrote:Felgorian realizes the power of his new present that the rats left for him. But he has no idea how long it lasts or what breaks its power. That keeps his worry level elevated...
He cautiously walks over and scoops up some water in the vial. He calls out, Can you bring our poor friend over so we can poor water on him? Maybe it isnt too late.

Just as a clarification, do you go to him to give him the water, or do you take him to the pool?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:
onlyme wrote:Felgorian realizes the power of his new present that the rats left for him. But he has no idea how long it lasts or what breaks its power. That keeps his worry level elevated...

Just as a clarification, do you go to him to give him the water, or do you take him to the pool?
Felgorian asked for the other PC(s) to bring the thief to the water. He already performed his action of going to the water and filling a vial... If they dont, then Felgorian will take the water to him...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Vargr1105 »

The halfling will attempt to drag the thief to the fountain. He's small but maybe his uncommon strength will get the job done.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by max_vale »

Beya, keeping a wary eye on the Gargoyle the whole time; moves to help the brawny halfling with moving the fallen Thief....

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by Distorted Humor »

Ok, another dumb question do you drag the body of the thief into the fountain, or just beside the fountain.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:Ok, another dumb question do you drag the body of the thief into the fountain, or just beside the fountain.
The other two did the heavy lifting... but Felgorian's request/intention was that they could drag him to the fountain, he would pour some water on him. I will let one of them answer whether they tossed him the fountain itself.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by max_vale »

(OOC: Assuming she and the Halfling manage to drag the poor Thief over to the fountain)

As they manage to get the Thief next to the fountain; Beya will lightly set down the body and rummage in her pack until she finds her waterskin and takes it out. Dumping its contents; she then fills it with the liquid in the fountain and with a quick; "I hope this works...."; she opens their companions' mouth and pours a little bit of the liquid in...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by Distorted Humor »

max_vale wrote:(OOC: Assuming she and the Halfling manage to drag the poor Thief over to the fountain)

As they manage to get the Thief next to the fountain; Beya will lightly set down the body and rummage in her pack until she finds her waterskin and takes it out. Dumping its contents; she then fills it with the liquid in the fountain and with a quick; "I hope this works...."; she opens their companions' mouth and pours a little bit of the liquid in...
I few drops, then a small torrent goes into his mouth. Then you see the chest heave, a swallow, the body tenses, then relaxes.

The thief eyes open,

What happened, I feel really weak...

The villager asks for the water skin for his friend outside, and then also reminds that they need some water for the village.

(the thief will need a few days rest, but he is alive now)

Return to “Empire of the Dragon Throne [BECMI/RC]”