1. Shooting, Beating, Stabbing

tibbius
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 1. The Mission (Action)

#401 Post by shaidar »

Shift replies to the message "We are on floor 10 in the stairwell. There is something wrong with friend Louis's lungs, he seems unable to breath properly. I shall determine an alternative exit and contact you"

I assume there is a service entrance round the back which is where Shift entered that morning? Could we exit that way? Is it hidden well from the main entrance?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Angus will use his phone to photograph the sidewalk crowd.

Hmmm...I wonder where I've seen that guy before?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by tibbius »

Shift had the foresight to quickly scan the maintenance shop layout this morning. The stairwell opens into the basement next to the emergency fire door, which is on the far side of the shop from the roll up door where Shift entered - nearly concealed by a stack of boxes illegally parked in front of it (the escape door). He might be able to get Louis out the fire door without being noticed by anyone in the shop.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by shaidar »

Shift sends a message the others with the intended escape point around the back, and tries his best to help Louis along.

"We need to move friend Louis, before they return inside and start searching. We can exit through the maintenance shop at the back of the building. Angus and Clark have transport and are waiting outside for us"

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by BackworldTraveller »

text's Shift: Out Front...Lots of goons

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#406 Post by Lance »

Clark nods. "Ok, you roll back there and I'll talk to these fine boys." He gets out of the van and walks up to the group of PropSec thugs. "Excuse me, gentlemen, can I have a moment of your time? I was instructed by GovCorp to look up a possible android disturbance? As you well know, we maintain the premises and any unauthorized infiltration would be a black mark on PropOps."

Deception: [1d8]=1

Oh, wow, that didn't work!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#407 Post by tibbius »

One of the big men looks at Clark distractedly.

Gonna give you "helped by circumstances" for their lingering confusion and general dismay. Let's see what that does ...

"Uh ... yeah, which field office are you?" he asks a bit desperately. "Listen, this android said they was XK7 8JR, does that mean anything to you?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#408 Post by Lance »

I'd roll for information to guess at the field office, but I'm on my phone. Also I didn't misspell rogue, Clark says it wrong to seem dumber

Clark fakes confusion "This rouge android is outside our network so I'm not familiar with it's designation."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#409 Post by tibbius »

Even more distracted, the big tough guy shakes his head. "No, that's a common mistake," he says patiently. "I think you mean ROHGUH. ROOZH is like a color or cosmetics or something." He looks up and down the street. "So did you see an android and a human running up or down the sidewalk?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#410 Post by Lance »

Clark thinks for a moment. "Well, I mean, I don't know if they were the ones you're looking for, but there was some dude with an android , they were kind of in a hurry... I mean they weren't running, but... He indicates a direction away from the back entrance, but a street that can't be easily seen from their current position.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#411 Post by tibbius »

"Hey guys!" the big man yells to his distracted-looking comrades, "that way!"

The four of them charge straight across traffic, brakes squeal and horns go off. There's a metallic crunch as one car rear-ends another.

The access to the building is clear.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#412 Post by thenewflesh »

A very redfaced Louis pants and bursts through the doors into the fresh air. He takes a deep breath and collapses in Angus' car with Shift.

"Thanks, Angus." he goes. ""I wonder how those guys knew I was there."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Well lets make like we aren't here first.

Waits briefly for the bodies to ALL get in and heads off to the college, driving sedately so as not to draw attention.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by shaidar »

Shift climbs aboard next to Louis.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by BackworldTraveller »

OK Guys - What did you learn? and What's the next plan?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#416 Post by tibbius »

Let's take "what did you learn" as Louis and Shift combine to give a complete report - except Louis gets one detail wrong due to lingering effects of his Confusion spell - what does he mess up? The big question is what do you do next?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by BackworldTraveller »

tibbius wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 pm Let's take "what did you learn" as Louis and Shift combine to give a complete report - except Louis gets one detail wrong due to lingering effects of his Confusion spell - what does he mess up? The big question is what do you do next?
Does it involve alcohol?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#418 Post by Lance »

Clark gets in the car, proud of his masterful distraction.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by shaidar »

Shift will make available for replay his short term memory of the situation before it gets compressed into long term storage. He will also upload high res images of the goons and the equipment they had for reference later.

"I am damaged, I will require my repair toolkit"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#420 Post by tibbius »

shaidar wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:51 am Shift will make available for replay his short term memory of the situation before it gets compressed into long term storage. He will also upload high res images of the goons and the equipment they had for reference later.

"I am damaged, I will require my repair toolkit"

Shift realizes that he might also need a new actuator, and another pair of hands to hold it in the right place while he does fasteners and such. But surely he can talk one of these humans through the steps, he's got the whole part replacement procedure in his self-care folder.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”