Quest #33 "Wizards, Temples, and Obelisks, Oh My!"

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Quest #33 "Wizards, Temples, and Obelisks, Oh My!"

#1461 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion

He stands beside Torbath, keeping his eyes peeled for trouble. He's keen to get to the next clearing.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1462 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The fighter answers Randall. Yes. I would like to catch the next boat off the island. I am going to return the items Andron collected from the corpse of Brother Gilbert to cleric's family. I did not know him, but I believe that what he was attempting to do was just. His family should know.

He then turns to the other members of the fellowship. Farewell my friends. I might come back one day. I do feel that I will need time for healing...both physically and mentally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1463 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga heads for the next clearing when everyone is ready.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1464 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan also makes ready to head to the next clearing. "Maag, it may be safer if you stick around here with us. We'll make our way back to the others soon enough"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1465 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Keeping a close eye on those eyeing Festus, Jobo adds in "Yeah letses head for the new clearing."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1466 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

Farewell Cresty. May you find the peace you search for. With that the cleric heads off with the others to the next clearing.

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1467 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion
Goes with the others to the next clearing.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1468 Post by jemmus »

Theo
The ranger angles away from the group to the left to scout ahead. But doesn't get to far ahead and keeps stopping and looking back, because he doesn't know where the "second clearing" is and how to get there. At least he can try to prevent the travelers from falling into any close ambushes. And flush out and draw bugs.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1469 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga will bring up the rear, trying to cover the groups trail.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1470 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag shakes his head at Alordan's suggestion. "Nah, mate. I 'ave got to be movin' on. You know 'ow it is, when a woman is callin' to yer".

Then he turns to Andron. "I fink I gave yer a couple of pearls to 'elp yer figure out dese gloves. Looks like I'm goin' to 'ave to test dem myself. " Maag holds out his hand. "Tell yer what, though. Yer can keep der dagger. I'd 'ate to fink of yer gettin' ate up by sumfin' out 'ere."

Finally, he nods a farewell to the other group members and turns to Randall and Cresty. "Cheers Randall! I always knew you was stand up bloke. Looks like it's me an' you for der road den Cresty". Maag slaps the former paladin on the back.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1471 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath walks up to both Cresty and Maag shakes both of their hands and says while looking them in the eyes "It has been a pleasure, until we meet the next time." and then gets back into line.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1472 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche stops staring at Randall when he notices the barkeep's quizzical expression in response. His face blushes slightly crimson as he realizes his breach of manners. Andron was simply obsessed with identifying something, anything, in the man that may help to explain what he sensed before at the base of the tree. Admittingly, he had considered using methods more familiar to Maag's experience, but he couldn't justify it only to satisfy his curiosity. Randall has proven to be nothing less than good, honest, and generous.

Andron extends a hand to Cresty when the former paladin, statue, and inspiration for the Fellowship's name, declares his intentions. "Farewell, Sir Crestbrook. I hope you succeed in your quest. Few are the men who recognize their mistakes, even fewer are those who seek atonement for them. May the peace of Rao be with you and may the divine blessing once again infuse your soul."

He arches an eyebrow at Maag's request, though. "Are you trying to swindle me one last time, Mr. Maag?" Andron winks as he reminds the thief that the gloves were already identified before their expedition to the temple.

viewtopic.php?p=524077#p524077

He pats the pommel of Maag's dagger tucked into the sheath hanging from his belt. "Thank you, Mr. Maag. I promise to refrain from fruitlessly tossing this one into the jungle." Before turning to join the others, he clasps the beefy half-orc on the shoulder and smiles warmly. "May the peace of Rao be with you as well, my friend. You have a kind heart beneath that rough exterior ... when you allow it to show. I hope to see it again someday."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1473 Post by Jernau35 »

I never even saw that :oops: So Maag could have been wearing them since January! :shock: Well, better late than never :lol:

Sorry about that. :oops:
Maag

"Well, it woz worth a try, " says Maag grinning at Andron. He slips on the gloves he had apparently forgotten all about.

"So yer reckon I'm a rough diamond wiv an 'eart of gold? I would rather just 'ave der diamond an der gold" He claps Andron on the shoulder. "Yer a decent bloke. I reckon I'll see yer again".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1474 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Maag and Cresty. Good Luck to you both and may our paths cross again."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1475 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Last Hidden Camp
Earthday, 4th of Harvester
Evening, Warm, Sunny, Buggy,

After a few heartfelt goodbyes on the beach, the established party loses 2 members just as they gain the services of three more. Though Maag and Cresty will certainly be missed, the dungeon doors have now swung open to let the new delvers into the mix, and they all seem willing to prove their worth to their new friends.

Alordan gives his custom head nod towards Theo, and the group of nine cautiously creep west to a clearing that none of them have ever been to before. About a mile further and 300 bug bites later, the two woodsmen find a narrow path that leads just off the sand into the thick jungle. A small clearing has been made with just enough room to erect the cabin if the group so wishes. Jobo, Til, and Theo keep hearing about this magic shack, but so far havent seen it in use.

The dark clearing is empty and void of any life larger than a common dragonfly. A single small firepit sits off to one side, but there is no sign it has been used recently. If it weren't for the constant din of the normal jungle noises, and thousands of pesky insects buzzing around your heads, this might seem like a quaint little campsite.

With less fear of the dwarves attacking in the night, the tattered group can finally settle in and start prepping for whatever they plan to do next.

Actions?

positions:
Alordan AC3 18/22
Theo AC:5 10/10
Lerrick 4 AC5 15/20 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 (Light Stone)
Tlachtga 3 AC7 9/23 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 3rd 0/2 (Light Stone)
Jobo 10/10
Til-dirion 10/10
Andron 3/2 AC10 2/13 CL: 1st 0/4 2nd 0/3 MU: RM, DM, CL 0/2
Torbath AC8 5/5 0/1 RM, DM, CL

Thanks for struggling through all that mess with me everyone! Now lets play some actual D&D! :biggrin:

Maag and Cresty can continue here:viewtopic.php?p=566137#p566137
Cresty AC4 5/11
Maag AC5 15/19

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1476 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No, I didnt forget.....XP rewards are coming after this next rest session. :D

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1477 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

"As the cabin is constructed, might I recommend four watches, with one spell caster and one non-spell caster per watch."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1478 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I think the spell casters should all rest without taking a watch, none of us have any spells and we badly need to recover them."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1479 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

Thank you Tlachtga. If the rest of you are in agreement I will head into the cabin and start my meditation and prayer rituals.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1480 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Agreed. I am sorely in need of rest."

Return to “Completed Missions”