Re: A Case of Impenetrable Darkness: Dementia Præcox

#61 Post by Rex »

Edited post.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Bluehorse »

Margery seems to have calmed down now. She looks at Sam and Dr. T. before eyeing the stairs. We can come back for the chair if you want, I just need to get outside. I need air... sun... that's all. Put me on a bench or something. I have no idea where Dear Howard or Wayne are.
Wayne would best not be out on a stroll to find a comic book or something while we are trying to work.
Yup. She was starting to feel more herself alright.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by DexterWard »

The Chase is On!
Date & Time: Saturday, August 27th, 1927 – 4:20 pm
Weather: 77°F; Scattered Clouds; Wind 9 mph from SE
Sunrise/Sunset: 6:05am – 7:24pm
Chase Round 1

1200 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138

Man #1 continues to walk along the east side of Massachusetts Ave until it meets Harvard Street, at which point he crosses back to the west side of the street and continues NW along Massachusetts Ave. As Man #1 crosses over, the other two men following Wayne significantly increase their pace, threatening to overtake Wayne. Howard can visibly see their demeanor harden, their intent clearly to overtake him.

Wayne, intent on keeping pace with Man #1, still does not notice the two men following.

Sam and Dr. Twaddle exit the apartment building pushing Margery in her wheelchair NW along the western sidewalk of Massachusetts Ave. Halfway to the junction of Massachusetts Ave and Harvard Street Dr. Twaddle notices Howard walking along the eastern sidewalk, moving with purpose, and staring at something or someone with intent and purpose some distance ahead. Approximately 20’ ahead of Howard are two men, moving with even greater intent, toward Wayne another 30’ ahead.

Actions!

Future Endeavors:
  1. Investigate news article: “Wife of prominent lawyer missing – presumed dead”
  2. Margery: Work her sources to see what she can find out about the Black Drug
  3. Dr. Twaddle & Wayne (Tuesday): Driving to Nahant to survey the N. Cobb library collection
  4. Dr. Twaddle & Wayne (Tuesday): Discuss the Blackwood news ad with Harvey Wallace at the Grand Lodge’s Masonic Library (once finished at Nahant)
  5. Have black goo sample collected by Thurston identified in lab
  6. Check into Names from Walter’s pocket: Mary Clawson and Franklin Stewart
  7. Read Walter’s Mail
  8. Research the Coin from Walter’s mailbox
  9. Determine what Walter’s keys open
  10. Please let me know if I missed something

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Bluehorse »

Can I roll to see if Wayne notices?

Margery ...So like I was saying, we can't trust the coppers will get the job done, look at how they handled the whole Sacco and Vincettie thing... I'd bet there is someone out there that actually did it and they were more interested in making a show one a pair of Speghettios.... What is Howard doing way over there...? she squints. Looks like Wayne is in trouble... Either of you boys packing? I left my pepperbox back home...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Sam

Looking over after Margery's comment sees Wayne and the situation. "I am, Dr., please take over here." Sam switches with Dr. Twaddle and then moves to intercept the men approaching Wayne.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Marullus »

"Well, I... Trusty... um... well... Yes, yes of course." Dr. Twaddle fumbles for a moment then takes the handles of the wheelchair to allow the more decisive Sam to take action. He lays his blackthorn cane across the handles and pushes dutifully. Though his own speed is not as fast as the younger men, he and Maergery continue to make progress down the street.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Bluehorse »

Marullus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:31 pm "Well, I... Trusty... um... well... Yes, yes of course." Dr. Twaddle fumbles for a moment then takes the handles of the wheelchair to allow the more decisive Sam to take action. He lays his blackthorn cane across the handles and pushes dutifully. Though his own speed is not as fast as the younger men, he and Maergery continue to make progress down the street.
Margery of course will reach down and begin pumping the wheels as well to aid the Doctor but is careful not to start pulling him along allowing them to share the load that might well me more chair than woman in it. What a day!

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by DexterWard »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:18 pm Can I roll to see if Wayne notices?
Absolutely sir. I will let you guys roll as much as you like, and will always try to adjudicate accordingly, or include the roll into the results as much as possible.

Roll your D% and let's see what happens :)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Grognardsw »

Howard Thurston, stage magician

Seeing that Wayne is about to be jumped by the two ruffians, Howard yells out: "Wayne, Wayne! You have company! Watch out!"

As he yells, Howard sprints forward towards the men. Ten feet before he would collide with them, Howard dashes the smoke bomb in their midst. Upon impact the chemical reaction spews forth concealing smoke. Howard (not having stopped running) dashes to the right and around, well versed in the smoke's pattern and speed from his many uses of the "bomb" on stage.

He finishes his run at Wayne. "We'd best be gone."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Bluehorse »

Wayne

Not sure how much this is needed now... but...

Spot Hidden 25% When he hears Howard he turns around and recognizes a coming fight when he sees one. The weight of that bullet in his pocket a sudden reminder of how things can go south in a hurry. His first thought will be to get into a good balanced stance and wait for the two men to come to him. Once one attacks, he will dodge, then try to deliver an attack of his own with a stiff punch to the gut!

Dodge 35% Brawl 25%
[1d100]=19

Unarmed = 1d3 + Damage Bonus = 1d4
Unarmed Damage [1d3]=2 + [1d4]=4
Thanks, Howard!

Return to “In Dark Recesses (Pulp Cthulhu (CoC 7th ed.))”