Action Thread 15

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 15

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 8:10 a

It takes less time to trek back to Melissa, and you are not harried by rats along the way. It takes some maneuvering back over the wall, but Yosef is not incapacitated and can get himself over. But it was a good call because Yosef gets weaker – strength further sapped, and vitality down to the slightest minimum. A slip and fall could kill him at this point.
The wolves greet you at the corner and lead you in. Melissa greets you at her tree, with the bear behind her, and a small jar of ointment in her hand. “Those rats have nasty things in their fangs sometimes,” she says as you approach her. “This will help,” she takes a tiny dab of the ointment, rubs it on Yosef’s wound, which is looking quite disgusting at this point, and it starts clearing up immediately. Greenish tinged blood leaks out, while the flesh takes on a much healthier elven (moisturized and exfoliated ;) ) glow. He jumps up feeling as good as ever.

Everything updated below.

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till; 2- Jeloon; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread #15

#2 Post by Alethan »

"Eh... Have any more of that we can borrow?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Argennian »

Until the cream is applied, Yosef did not realize how close to death he was. He feels the reviltalization of the curative work incredibly quick. He takes a deep breath, stretches out and makes two fists, amazed that it cured him so quickly. "I thank you for this, mistress. I was closer to the Great Beyond than I realized..."

Alethan wrote:"Eh... Have any more of that we can borrow?"
Having already thought to ask the same thing, Yosef nods his head in agreement with Till. "I must agree with my friend in this. Our chances of success in this mission would be greatly diminished without it, I fear. If there is anything at all you could share about the nature of these... nasty things, as you stated, it would be appreciated and could make a real difference in how we assess our tactics. You have our word that we will not foresake our oath to you. I would also humbly inquire if there is anything else, in addition to the cream, that you would think we might have need of," the elf asks, bowing his head respectfully.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

She looks at you all, and half shrugs, "some rats spread disease, especially if left unchecked and if they are unclean. Usually, for the giant rats, it is through their bite. Nasty, but curable. I have no clue whether the rat king," she rolls her eyes and smiles, "has done anything further. But I will lend you this jar of ointment. It is powerful and will cure most ailments. Please use it sparingly and bring back what is left. You mention tactics, the wererat's tactics are obvious, he will try to wear you down, particularly now that he knows you are coming. But he knew of you likely before that, if you peeked over his wall, he marked you. But coming into his shard from mine throws him off... his spies cannot enter here without being lost."
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by ToniXX »

Thank you for the ointment. We will use it sparingly and will return the unused portion. He looks at the other party members, then continues Now, let's get back to the business at hand.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Till nods and immediately sets out to climb the wall again, jaws set with determination and anger.

Oh, if only Till had a ring of invisibility! He'd set out on a personal vendetta against the rat king before anyone else knew what was happening...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Argennian »

Yosef accepts the surely magical ointment from Melissa and hands it over to Bruard for safe keeping. He then bows again to Melissa out of both respect and gratitude. "You have our oath and word of honor that your wishes will be observed, mistress. On behalf of my comrades, I thank you."

The elf nods his readiness to the others and prepares to move out. Once they are ready, he will make his way over the wall and ready his bow as he did previous.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by rredmond »

The ropes are still in the corner where the outer and inner walls meet, apparently undisturbed.

Just double checking, the plan last time was:
1. Till goes up to the top;
2. Yosef goes up to the top, then Till goes to the other side;
3. Then Yosef stays up while the rest (Jeloon, Van, then Bruard) go up and over;
4. Yosef gets down.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 15

#9 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, summit like that!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Argennian »

Once Till makes his way to the top, Yosef follows him up quickly, thankful to once again have his strength and grip back.

When he reaches the top, he unslings his bow and readies an arrow, looking around intently for any danger. Once he has made a complete visual scrutinization of the temple slice and is confident there is nothing apparent, he will nod to Till and motion the others to begin making their way over.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Flambeaux
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by Flambeaux »

Jeloon follows suit as appropriate. No trumps.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 8:50 a

The party goes to the corner again and start the process of climbing over. Till sees nothing but the ruins, no movement. Yosef as well states the all clear as Till climbs down the wall and the rest come over. As Yosef watches, Jeloon gets over the wall as well. Van is at the top of the wall with Yosef, and Bruard still on the other side (ready to climb up the wall) when the rats attack.

This time there are 12 rats, but Yosef is able to call the warning. They are close though, coming up out of a small bit of ruins in front of you. Impossible amount of rats to be hiding under that amount of ruins... like too many clowns coming out of a clown car. But come they do.

Bruard hears the call but is in no position to attack. Yosef can shoot two arrows before worrying about firing into melee. Jeloon and Till have plenty of time to prepare for the attack, and as the rats are rushing up, this round, Round 1, the party wins initiative. Till is able to attack and Jeloon is able to attack twice as the rats rush forward.

Round 1. No initiative needed. 2 attacks needed from Jeloon and 1 attack routine needed from Till.
:D Happy holidays guys!

HPs: Jeloon - 25/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Flambeaux
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by Flambeaux »

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Argennian »

"Look out!" cries Yosef as he lets fly. He follows up with his second shot quickly at a separate target, hoping to drop both vermin before they can reach his friends.

To Hit: Short bow [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21 (hits AC-3), Damage: Flight arrow [1d6] = 5

To Hit: Short bow [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11 (hits AC7), Damage: Flight arrow [1d6] = 2

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, hearing the call, climbs as quickly as he can over the wall. Let me know when he get over and can attack.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by Alethan »

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

"Yosef, you have any kind of crowd control spells up there?"

What about that scroll with the Slow spell on it?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 8:51 a
Round 1

Calling a warning to the rest of the party, Yosef gets off two arrows as the rats rush forward fangs bared. The first arrow flies true and hard, spearing a rat and causing it to fly backwards from whence it came. The second arrow is a little less true, but it catches the rat, grazing it on its side, but causing it to stumble as it continues forward.

Bruard works his way to the top of the wall as Van jumps down to await the charging creatures.

Jeloon rushes forward slicing a rat clean in half, pieces and innards flying in separate directions. Her excitement about the feat causes her to miss on the back swing.

Till is able to hit with his short sword skewering and killing another of the front running rats.

Van is able to pin yet another to the ground, thrusting his spear out of the rats expiring body. Preparing to attack again.

Jeloon at this point is a little forward of Till and Van (Bruard and Yosef are still on the wall) and three rats beset her, two unable to pierce her defenses, while one is able to find purchase with its fangs (1HP – please roll a save vs. poison). While Till and Van have to deal with the rest of the rats.

Till is able to avoid the first rat attack, and just barely avoid the fangs of the second on him. While Van’s three rats are less coordinated and he easily evades their attacks.

Round 2. Initiative needed for Till and Bruard. There are 8 rats left, 4 are dead. These are less than one HD so 4 melee attacks needed from Jeloon and 3 from Yosef, if he’s entering melee. Jeloon will attack twice at the beginning of the round and twice at the end. Yosef attacks at beginning, on initiative and at end. I do need Jeloon’s saving throw, but she can still attack. Everyone else attacks on initiative – Bruard can absolutely jump down and attack this round.

HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 16/19
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by ToniXX »

I don't know if you need separate init from both of us, but if you do, here's Bruards:
Initiative: [1d6] = 4

Bruard jumps down from the wall and brings his mace down hard:
Mace to-hit [1d20] = 11 damage (sm/m) [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
(Hits AC7)

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”