Action Thread 15

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 15

#81 Post by Alethan »

Till quietly mouths the words, "You all keep talking in front of this hole."

Then he pulls his charcoal-colored cloak about his shoulders and throws on the hood before silently moving towards the other entrance. He sheathes his sword to hide the light but keeps his dagger in hand.

Using his infravision to see, Till enters the other tunnel, as cautiously and quietly as he can. As long as there is only one way to take, he will slowly make his way down the tunnel until he sees anything that might make him pause (such as a rat or light or that the tunnel opens up to a larger room).
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:30 a

I was going to do a super secret PM, but I figure you'd be coming right back. :)

As Till assumed, the two passageways meet up at the more open area. As he guessed, the rats are still there awaiting, you assume, your arrival. This (more southern) tunnel actually affords a better, safer, peek into the more open area of the passageways. Till can see, even with just infravision, that the human's and 1/2 orc would be able to stand up in there and melee. The problems would be getting there, due to the rats, and that there is no light whatsoever in these dirt passages.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (11.13 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#83 Post by ToniXX »

While waiting for Till's return, Bruard continues to speak, leaving the rats to believe that their foes are still up top and not in the tunnels. By the evil eye of Vecna I'll get that rat lord!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Till shakes his head. "Oi'm beginning to hate rats as much as I hate spiders..."

Till waits, hunched, both weapons drawn, staring at the opening.

"Keep an eye out for another ambush from behind..."
ToniXX wrote:Bruard, dusting off his tunic, says I think time is of the essence here, friends. We don't want that vile beast getting away. But, us, um, larger folk will have trouble moving around down there.
"I agree," replies Yosef as he looks over at their half-orc fighter companion. “How are you feeling, Jeloon? Although I was bit, I do not feel as ill as I did before,” he opines as he makes his way back over to the front door. He wipes the rat blood and guts off his longsword before sheathing it and makes ready with his bow and an arrow. once ready, he'll lean to look out the doorway in order to make a quick reconnoiter.

Alethan wrote:Till quietly mouths the words, "You all keep talking in front of this hole."

Then he pulls his charcoal-colored cloak about his shoulders and throws on the hood before silently moving towards the other entrance. He sheathes his sword to hide the light but keeps his dagger in hand...
If there is nothing there awaiting him or any signs of approaching danger, Yosef will silently signal to the others and step outside the temple doors with an arrow nocked. Taking into account the direction that Till just headed down into the tunnels, the elf will look to his left and all around at the piles of ruins and debris to see if he sees any more rats appearing for a sneaky assault!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:.

Day 19 – 9:30 a

I was going to do a super secret PM, but I figure you'd be coming right back. :)

As Till assumed, the two passageways meet up at the more open area. As he guessed, the rats are still there awaiting, you assume, your arrival. This (more southern) tunnel actually affords a better, safer, peek into the more open area of the passageways. Till can see, even with just infravision, that the human's and 1/2 orc would be able to stand up in there and melee. The problems would be getting there, due to the rats, and that there is no light whatsoever in these dirt passages.
Picture1.gif

So he sees how many rats there, then?

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by rredmond »

They are milling about, and some could be out of your vision, maybe 10? You'd have to get closer to get a good count.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by dmw71 »

"Me think we split up. Go down both holes at same time." Jeloon offers quietly.

She stands up proudly, shrugging off her current wounds. "Me go down one hole and fight off normal rats real good." She looks to Yosef. "You fight them good, too. You go down other hole so not get in each other way?" She looks to Bruard. "I stronger than Yosef, so maybe you follow Yosef? You know, just in case. Then Till follow me."

She studies Van. "Maybe you make sure nothin' come from behind. Once you hear fight down below, if all safe up here, you follow."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Till (having quietly returned from the other hole and explaining the situation to them) nods in agreement.

OOC: Ron, how effective will Jeloon and Yosef be at fighting in the confined spaces, though? What restrictions will they have?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:OOC: Ron, how effective will Jeloon and Yosef be at fighting in the confined spaces, though? What restrictions will they have?
ooc: Jeloon also has a shield which she is more than prepared to use to plow her way into the room, giving herself space to fight more comfortably (and, potentially providing those behind her a chance to sneak around her).
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by rredmond »

They can fight, there'll be minuses to hit. But worse than that there won't be any DEX or shield bonuses for AC.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:OOC: Ron, how effective will Jeloon and Yosef be at fighting in the confined spaces, though? What restrictions will they have?
ooc: Jeloon also has a shield which she is more than prepared to use to plow her way into the room, giving herself space to fight more comfortably (and, potentially providing those behind her a chance to sneak around her).
Ooops didn't see this one. I think that a Large shield would be too big to use in that manner... I'm open to argument though.
My thinking is that you'll have to keep that puppy flat on the ground as you crawl. There's no way to use it as a barrier that I can see.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:
dmw71 wrote:Jeloon also has a shield which she is more than prepared to use to plow her way into the room, giving herself space to fight more comfortably (and, potentially providing those behind her a chance to sneak around her).
Ooops didn't see this one. I think that a Large shield would be too big to use in that manner... I'm open to argument though.
My thinking is that you'll have to keep that puppy flat on the ground as you crawl. There's no way to use it as a barrier that I can see.
Hmm... assuming a large shield isn't round, but has a wider top and angles down into more of a point at the bottom (or maybe it's more rectangular?), Jeloon could hold it like a surf board, with the botttom, pointed end sticking out front, and just use it almost like a battering ram to bludgeon her way into the room.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by rredmond »

So instead of one hand on the ground (with the shield under it as you crawled) and one hand on your long sword to use as a weapon, you want to sheath the sword, put two hands on the shield to use it as a weapon and battering ram of sorts. Correct?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The tunnels (at this point) are about 4' wide, but less than 3' high.
---
rredmond wrote:...one hand on the ground (with the shield under it as you crawled) and one hand on your long sword to use as a weapon...
---
ooc: Upon further reflection, I think it will make more sense to forcefully crawl through the tunnel as you described, using her sword to fend off any oncoming rats (not her shield).

---

"Me not want to get stuck in tunnel. Me try to force way into room, draw attention to me self. If all rats look at me, maybe you have easy time get to room from other passage?"

Jeloon, not wanting to waste any more time, approaches the original (top) tunnel and begins to lowers herself into the hole.

"Once me in tunnel, me not stop." she says.

She spends a moment figuring the best way to crawl -- quickly -- through the tunnel. Her objective, while in the confined space, is to get to the other end by any means necessary.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Till urges the others to the other tunnel, then follows Jeloon, weapons drawn, in case he can help in any way.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Argennian »

OOC: Ron, before Yosef makes his way back over to the twin tunnels to move forward with the party's plan, does he spot anything during his reconnoiter of the slice from doorway of the temple?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:OOC: Ron, before Yosef makes his way back over to the twin tunnels to move forward with the party's plan, does he spot anything during his reconnoiter of the slice from doorway of the temple?
On that side of the temple, there's more ruins than normal. From what you've seen it's hard to spot any rat tunnels because they can squeeze through something that's less than half their size. Though from what your hearing about the tunnels next to the "throne" is that they are much wider than these.
Other than that, you don't see rats anywhere in your vision. Indeed the place looks like a cemetary, nothing moving whatsoever.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#98 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard listens to Jeloon's plan, nods in agreement, and readies himself to follow after Yosef in the other tunnel.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Argennian »

Yosef will pull the temple doors closed to keep any rats from attacking the party's rear and make his way back over to the others.

He'll take up position in the tunnel opposite of Jeloon, moving in and forward when the signal is given.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon, seeing her partymates finalize their needed preparations, readies herself for the challenge ahead. "Me go first." she growls.

Jeloon begins to make her way through the tunnel with a steeled determination.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”