1. Interviews (Action)

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 1. Interviews (Action)

#121 Post by tibbius »

This seems like a good point for a cut scene. Where does each of you want to jump? What are you doing when we refocus on you?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Marullus »

I don't have any scenes within my control to define except "waiting for action to happen." Is it possible that we cut to an action scene where both characters are together, with justification for being in the brownlands, and a plot event unfolding? Perhaps "After several weeks of undercover work based on the leads from the high schoolers, the undercover pair has established with the gang and for the first time is being allowed into location XYZ..."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by tibbius »

Seems good. I'll work up something like that!
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by shaidar »

Sorry, I really had problems thinking of a way in. Marullus's idea sounds good

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by tibbius »

A few days later, Donte e-mails Edward
Dear Mr. Compon: I would like to talk withyou about my chemistry test grade I do not think I did my best on it and Jamilia told me maybe could I do a retake or some markups please?
It is the first time Donte ever has expressed an interest in academics, although his grade was passable at 83.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by tibbius »

This is somewhat of a stalling tactic as I try to figure out where and how you might arrive on the "scene"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by shaidar »

Edward emails Donte back and arranges a meeting straight after classes finish sometime in the next few days.

ooc: what's the school rules about such things? Can Edward offer a means for students to gain extra credit?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by tibbius »

Yes, extra credit is pretty standard but left up to teacher discretion.

Donte looks a bit nervous as he remains after class before lunch. Jamilia gives him a reassuring look as she walks out the door of the classroom.

"Mr. Compton," the boy says, "I'm in a bad situation."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by shaidar »

Edward

"Donte, one bad decision doesn't have to define the rest of your life. I'm not here to judge you, but if I'm going to help then you need to tell me everything."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by tibbius »

"There's a ... guy," Donte says nervously. "Mr. Magout. He's really not normal. He lives in the abandoned buildings. I got hooked up with him ... I don't know, I don't think that matters. He's got hooks on me, man. He knows things. Told me things the first time I saw him.

Any way. He's got his place out in the brokedown part of town. He's got, like, minions. Little Latin guys. They work the machines ... they make stuff, sir.
"

Edward's never imagine Donte calling him sir. The kid seems very sincerely scared and desperate for assistance.

"I had heard, from the guy who, uh, connected me, that ya gotta do a special thing in order to ... like, see Mr. Magout. Ya gotta make a promise, and it's binding. To do whatever he says, one time. I thought running guns was all it would be. But Mr. M! Man, he's a creep. I don't want to do it..."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by tibbius »

There will be a significant decision point soon, I promise.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by shaidar »

Edward

"Donte, I promise you that I will do my best to help you. What is it he wants you to do?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by tibbius »

Donte starts to speak and utters something unintelligible. Momentarily, his eyes roll back in his head. Then he shakes himself back to alertness. "I ... can't tell you, or anyone."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by shaidar »

Edward wonders what this Mahout guy has done to the poor kid, some kind of hypnosis maybe

"It's OK, can you tell me when he wants it done, and can you show me where he is on Google maps?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by tibbius »

Donte shrugs. It seems like something Edward is doing disappoints him, but he still wants help. "I don't have a phone with me," he answers. "Can I use yours? And he don't seem to care when, just soon and it keeps feeling sooner if that makes any sense."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by shaidar »

Edward

The more Donte speaks the more concerned Edward becomes. He hands him the phone "Show me where I can find Mr Magout and I'll see if I can sort this all out after classes finish today. Is there something else you were hoping for?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by tibbius »

Donte pulls up Maps and pinches and swipes. He shows the phone to Edward. It takes a moment to identify what's on the screen, but then it clicks - the same area where Edward went for a walk the other afternoon, the abandoned factories and machine shops near the harbor.

"That's where he at," Donte says, "but like I told you. You can't find him without you make the promise." He sighs. "The only way you understand if is I take you there and show you."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by shaidar »

Edward tries his best to exude calm

"OK, you can take me him after school and we'll get this all sorted out. This is serious stuff so can I bring a friend? I can vouch for him"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by tibbius »

Donte looks nervous but silently nods. Then he shrugs and picks up his backpack. "I gotta go ... sir. Mr. Compton? Thanks. Where should I meet you after school?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by shaidar »

Edward

"How about outside the Wal-Mart at 5?"

Assuming this is fine then Edward will find a private spot to put in an urgent call to agent Blake. He'll repeat the conversation with Donte, but avoiding mentioning his name or the exact location of Magout. " This is worrying. If this guy knew information about the student, then he must be purposely trying to recruit them. Then there's the Jedi mind trick, some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion enhanced by drugs maybe. Are you up for coming with me? You need to promise the student won't get charged with anything and you'll have to go undercover, if the students know I snitch to the feds they'll never trust me."

Return to “New Haven? (Fair Ones)”