01_Oath.JPG
01_Oath.JPG (59.47 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
...actions!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 01: Not like any pub you remember

#2 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf quickly stumbles to his knees and start patting himself all over - is all his stuff still there?

He pulls back some greasy hair from his eyes, caughs and tries to look around, protecting his eyes with his left hand from the sharp light from between the bars.

Korin, that you?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin shaking off the pain in his head dusts himself off and stands up or tries to. "Eh? How'd I get ere? Thorelf that you? We get tossed in jail er somethin'?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny tries to shake his head clear. "Who the hell is Thorelf and Korin, where the hell are we?"

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Nordbo »

Thorelf

checks his sticky garments and gear - yes, all his belongings are there, intact. Next to him, a familiar dwarven voice is calling out! But there seems to be noone else in there with the two.

Korin

raises himself from the mucky ground and recognises an old compatriot ! Who surprisingly has turned up next to him in the small enclosed cell - for that is what it is.

Tiny

hears faint voices from somewhere, and names mentioned - but they are not coming from the cell he is in. The only other occupant of Tiny's cell is a dishevelled dark-haired young man of above average height, in shabby clothes, lying in one corner, who doesn't respond to his call. The figure seems knocked out and looks a bit pale (or it could just be the faint light seeping in).

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin checks himself over patting his body making sure everything is intact especially his beard. Then looks/feels around for his gear. "Yah hear that Thorelf? Sounds like there may be others. What'd we do ta get tossed in a cell anyway?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny will check out the bars and see if he can loosen them at all.

Bend Bars Lift Gates 40%

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf

quietly:

Man, I never thought I'd be so glad to hear your grumpy voice again Korin. I don't have the faintest clue, but I'm not staying to find out. C'mon, let's get out of here and make plans later. Are you good to go old friend?

Thorelf pushes himself flat against the nearest wall, carefully pacing along the walls towards the cell window to peek out.

Gebex
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by Gebex »

Eaton wakes up. Looks to see if his precious Morningstar is still there.

He then looks up curious.

“I don’t remember everything that happened yesterday. Is this a afterparty? I thought it would be more fun...”

He then sees how many of his remaining 7 copper coins he has left. He mumbles “Make note to self. Purify the drinks first next time.”

“Does anyone have mirror? Preferably a silver one. I must see how I look the day after the party.”

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Nordbo »

Thorelf

tiptoes deftly up front to peer out of the barred opening. Faint torch light flickers in a passage leading both north (possibly ending there) and a bit further south. Nobody to be seen, but he hears "..... where the hell are we?" somewhere to his right.

Korin

need not fear about his beard - it is unscathed and as splendiferous as always. All his equipment also seems to be there. But his weapons, however.... they're all gone! Gone!

Tiny

flexes his toned biceps and grabs hold of the cell window bars (please post 1d100 roll, +5 for hangover), his focus somewhat distracted by that migraine and by the shabby person in the hay behind him suddenly coming to, muttering about drinks and mirrors.

Eaton

can, for the love of God, not find his weapon! And, immediately in front of him, there's a big silhouette of a figure, grabbing hold of some bars set in an opening in the wall, and starting to pull at them...
Last edited by Nordbo on Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin grumbles angrily about his weapons missing who dares mess with his weapons! "Yeah. I'm bout as ready as I can be...where tha hell? Dammit me weapons are gone dark an empty!" he curses and sees about trying to break out of this cell feeling around for some sort of lock to pick open if nothing then pure strength trying to bend the bars.
Open Locks 39% [1d100] = 65
Bend Bars 20% [1d100] = 94

muttering more and grumbling at his failed attempts.....

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny grabs hold and tries working a bar loose.

Bend Bars Hungover (40%) [1d100+5] = 64+5 = 69

"Dam, these things are really in here."

Gebex
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by Gebex »

Eaton is looking at the figurine with amazement.

Saying in a low voice "I see now dear goods that you are showing me the path that you want me to take. You want me to be a healer. I will do so. But I think my way is also the one who will punish those who are evil. And for that I need my mace. So please help me get it back and I will be very grateful."

Then telling the others in the cell:
"Dear people. Does anyone need healing? If so, I would be glad to help you..... And if you want the door to be open, I can take care of that too."
Last edited by Gebex on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf

Takes a step back while Korin struggles with the door. As Korin resigns from his attempts (?) he leans forward towards the opening:

Hey, you! Are you in there? We need to get out of here, do you know a way out?

To Korin

Here, let me try that.

Open locks (30%): [1d100] = 85

Alas, without luck.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin to Thorelf "Damn. Hmm well now what eh?" he says looking around and trying to determine exactly how far underground they are if at all. Then resorting to searching the room for some other way out.

Determine depth 50% [1d6] = 4
Search Check [1d6] = 5

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny looks at the strange individual he shares his cell with. "I am Tiny, its easier for me to remember than my real name. Whats your name."

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: To clarify I believe it was mentioned that Korin and Thorelf are in the same cell by Tiny and the others are not. DM is this correct?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

I think Tiny and Eaton are in the same cell.

Gebex
Guide
Guide

#19 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

“Hello mister Tiny.”
“My name is Beaver, Eaton Beaver.
“Do you need any healing?”

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Nordbo »

Korin and Thorelf, in a cell with no one else

Korin

Unable to use neither brute force nor nimble trickery to open the cell door (yes, he found out that it was a door), Korin mutters dwarven expletives in no particular direction. The joyful rediscovery of a long lost fellow adventurer has quickly mutated into general gloom. His usually reliable underground depth sense also seems a bit clouded - he gets no clear reading: nor does he find any concealed exits.

Thorelf

not quite ready to give up yet, also has a go at the lock mechanism but fumbles, like his companion. He does, however, pick up something else for a short second.....is it another voice ? Female, somewhere, muffled ? But it fades again, before he can determine the source or direction.

Tiny and Eaton, in a cell with no one else

Tiny

puzzled about how his exceptional brawn seems to be of no use here, is suddenly alerted to the fact that there seems to be someone else 'next door', down the corridor to his left, who calls out: "Hey, you! Are you in there? We need to get out of here, do you know a way out?". At the same time, on the opposite wall in the corridor, Tiny can make out a faint outline of a door frame. It looks like a double door.

Eaton

gets a warm glowing feeling down his spiritual spine, which surely must be a sign that his gods have heard his prayers, and will be with him all the way on his trek to revenge. Either that or he's been lying wonkily for too long on the knobbly floor.
He speaks out to several but can only see one other person in the cell, who is tearing away at the cell window bars with no great success, and who introduces himself as 'Tiny'.

Return to “Oath of the Bolted Tomb (1e)”