3. Bittercreek to Troll Bridge (action)

tibbius
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

Re: 3. Bittercreek (action)

#21 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Catches up with Sealgair, I'm really looking forward to this after a week of back-woods travel.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by tibbius »

It's easy to find Jolene's. Over the door of the tidy two-story stone building, set among several other similar buildings, there is simple wooden sign: an oversized razor and comb. The handle of the razor is painted white, the blade is gold. The comb is gold as well.

Inside the large room is well-lit by lamps hanging from the beams of the ceiling. There are three styling chairs and benches line the walls. The chairs all are occupied by dwarfs, and there are about a half-dozen dwarfs and humans waiting on the benches.

A female elf who shows some years bustles around the center chair, swiftly swiping her razor and comb. Locks of hair fall to the floor. It has been a while since that dwarf has been shorn, and apparently they're going for a short style.

Two other stylists also are busy, another female elf and a human male.

Above the slightly warped silver mirror that lines the long wall by the styling chairs, hangs a small object with a glistening white handle and a gleaming golden blade.

The folks waiting for cuts glance over at you as you enter, register your bedraggled condition, and return to contemplatively picking their teeth, nails, ears, noses, shaking rain from their hair, etc. Two of them - a dwarf male and a burly human female - are quietly talking to each other. They have swords hung from the hooks above their seats, behind their heads. The other five are silent.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax nods and salutes the dwarf "We'll see ya there." then makes his way to go get cleaned up.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by tibbius »

The elf at the middle chair pauses and glances over at you. "Take a seat," she calls out, her voice eerily reminding you of singing birds. "It will be an hour or more."

Assuming you sit and wait

As you settle in and glance around, you notice the other waiting people avoiding your glances.

After about fifteen minutes you start to hear noise outside. Shouts and so on, increasing in number and volume. Running feet splashing mud ...

What do you do?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair looks out a window.

"I just wanted a bath."

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Wraith gets up and looks out the window next to Sealgair, "This doesn't sound good."

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax sits grumbling "Just wanted ta wash me beard an pits...."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by tibbius »

The door of the salon bursts open as Sealgair and Wraith watch a crowd of tatter-clothed miners surge past the window, desperation on their faces. More miners spill into the room, shoving past each other and the styling chairs toward the back of the building. Jolene chirps in alarm as they jostle her.

Rough-faced humans carrying spiked clubs appear in the open doorway, weapons menacingly raised. They pursue the miners into the room, striking out ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Wraith draws his rapier and yells, "Sealgair!? Do we intervene?" Then he looks around the room to see what the other armed patrons are doing.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

Seeing Wraith's blade flash, two of the half-dozen club-wielding thugs turn abruptly toward him - and attack!

roll for initiative
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by tibbius »

Looking around, the rest of you see that everyone else on the benches stays on the benches, although the dwarf male and the burly human female do snatch their swords down from the hooks they keep them sheathed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Easy there gentleman, no harm was meant."

Sealgair's fur stands up and she makes herself look big and threatening.

Intimidate [_2d6] = (4+6)=10

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by tibbius »

When an eight foot tall karhu bumps her head on the roof beams and fluffs her fur, she's pretty menacing.

The two club-wielding fellows stop and lower their weapons. Meanwhile, their four companions have driven the miners past the styling chairs - crushing the stylists up against the mirror, overturning the chairs and spilling their occupants. There is a back door to the salon and the miners seem to be crowding out that way urged by heavy blows.

"Right, then. Nothing to see here," weakly says one of the two men facing you. They rejoin their comrades near the back door.

The elderly elf lets out a sudden shriek. "Where's my pearl handle blade?" she exclaims. "Someone took it!"

Indeed, the white-handled razor with the gilded blade no longer hangs above the mirror.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Did either of you see anything?" Sealgair looks/smells around.

Observation [_2d6] = (4+2)=6

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Shaken, Wraith puts his rapier back, "Thanks for having a cool head Sealgair, they took me by surprise."

perception: [_3d6] = (4+1+2)=7

Wraith was too rattled by the event to notice anyone taking the elf's blade.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax trying to think if he saw anything.

Regular [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by tibbius »

Grax recalls one among the fleeing miners making an inexplicable jump about the middle of the mirror - right where the razor had been hanging when you walked in. It was a bustle of motion and shouting, though, Grax doesn't really remember what the person looked like.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax "I dun seen a miner jump near where tha razor was located but I dun get a good look at 'im"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"what do we do about it? Seems unlikely we will be able to find him in this mess."

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#40 Post by Squid »

Wraith

It seems Sealgair is right. Maybe we stick with our original plan.

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”