Re: [OOC] Tavern Talk

#41 Post by Leitz »

Go for three.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Leitz »

Comment where this might not be correct. The "*" in THAC0 is where they also need a 20 for AC 1.

Character Race Class Level
AC Shield? Posture THAC0

Parnell D Fighter 3
4 No Bold 18

Xavril 1/2E Cleric 3
2 No Bold 20

Kurzuk 1/2O Ranger/MU 2/2
10 No Steadfast 20

Tinwendil E Thief 4
4 No Cautious 20*

Dorni G Illusionist/Thief 2/3
5 No Cautious 20*

Thokk 1/2O Fighter 3
5 Yes Bold 18

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Marullus »

Looks good.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Leitz »

Attacks with two weapons (DMG page 70, paraphrased)
If attacking with two weapons, one must be a dagger or hand axe. Primary hand attacks are at -2, Secondary hand attacks are at -4. This can be modified by high dexterity.

In general, all PCs in the 2-4 level range get one attack per round. Bows and daggers get two, and darts get three. Missile weapons get Dex modifiers To Hit, and no Str adjustments for hitting or damage.

That said, I like the idea of running two combat rounds per post. If something drastic changes for the PC we can interrupt the action, otherwise we can move things forward quickly. Thoughts?

Also keep in mind that Initiative is 1d6. Where folks have rolled d10, I'm using their first d6 roll for init.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Marullus »

You asked for two attack rolls on the first exchange, so I continued providing two rounds of action this exchange. (My character is not two weapon fighting). I assume others did the same. I am providing a pile of rolls and figured you could just not use the extras.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Leitz »

Marullus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:19 pm You asked for two attack rolls on the first exchange, so I continued providing two rounds of action this exchange. (My character is not two weapon fighting). I assume others did the same. I am providing a pile of rolls and figured you could just not use the extras.
That's what I have been doing; taking the first rolls(s). Generally, and especially with PbP, if there's confusion I'll go with what's best for the PCs and also ask.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Is there anything you would like me to fix with the macros I have been using? Or is that method good for now?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by dmw71 »

Leitz wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 am Thokk 1/2O Fighter 3
5 Yes Bold 18
Accurate.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Leitz »

Marullus wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:17 pm Oh, sorry. Thought the snake already used its surprise round on Rialto.
Very correct.

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:48 pm Is there anything you would like me to fix with the macros I have been using? Or is that method good for now?
Just that Initiative is 1d6, vice 1d10.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I fixed that already so I will stick with what I have now then. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Leitz »

A note for possible tactical planning. Kobolds are consciously malevolent, the snake isn't. If left alone and at a distance, the snake will likely leave the group alone.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Leitz »

Rialto's issue is poison, not HP. A "Slow Poison" will bring him back around, but only for a limited time.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by DexterWard »

Leitz wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:11 pm Rialto's issue is poison, not HP. A "Slow Poison" will bring him back around, but only for a limited time.
Doh! I forgot about that!!!
Xavril will do that next round.
Thank you Leitz

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:02 pm Parnell tries to figure out a better place for his lucerne hammer and sticks to something a bit more fitting to fighting in a confined space. Readying his hand axe again.
Assuming the staff portion of your lucerne hammer is sized for Parnell, and as a lone person, much of the cave system would allow using it. At this point, let's assume that unless otherwise indicated, you can use it with the pokey end as well as having a 30 degree or so down strike angle. Which is plenty, if you put your weight into it.

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Leitz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:08 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:02 pm Parnell tries to figure out a better place for his lucerne hammer and sticks to something a bit more fitting to fighting in a confined space. Readying his hand axe again.
Assuming the staff portion of your lucerne hammer is sized for Parnell, and as a lone person, much of the cave system would allow using it. At this point, let's assume that unless otherwise indicated, you can use it with the pokey end as well as having a 30 degree or so down strike angle. Which is plenty, if you put your weight into it.
Alright I just didn't think even a dwarven sized polearm would be a good idea in a restricted cavern where it gets tight in spots.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Leitz »

Marullus wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:58 pm [Because damage was shown but could be deleted if the kobolds were killed in time, I'm unsure who is wounded (including me) for the apportioning of those heal spells. Can we get a log from the GM?
Apologies for the confusion.

So, Post # 10's attacks by the kobolds took effect. Then the spell took effect, then the blunt damage from the snake writhing took effect. The next "round" the party slew the few remaining kobolds.

That help?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Marullus »

If Dorni is moving forward to attack, then he easily kills two. However, he will be hit for 6 (plus s.t.) unless he kills his attacker first.
Did Dorni kill his attacker first?
Kurzuk and Parnell are hit, as described.
The post doesn't describe how they're hit. Does this mean the description from the previous post (#10?)

Total from post #10, I see:
-3 Kurzuk
-1 Parnell
-6 Parnell
-6 Dorni

If the statement above is about Kurzuk and Parnell applies to that, it implies they took -3 and -7 and that Dorni killed his foe pre-emptively?

There's no damage posted from the snake thrashing, right?

If Stephanos is offering 4d8 in healing against that 10 points of collective damage, we can assume an average roll and let both be fully healed?

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

DM/GM I edited/revised my post since you indicated that I was ok to use the polearm in the current setting/scenario.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Leitz »

Tactical Comment

Those familiar with orcs, and that includes several in the party, know that a raid in two days means they are getting antsy and likely to be moving around a good bit. It is unlikely the party will have a chance to rest and recover spells.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 pm DM/GM I edited/revised my post since you indicated that I was ok to use the polearm in the current setting/scenario.
Quite right!

Return to “The Unknown Darkness (1e)”