OOC Lounge

dice_monkey
dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

OOC Lounge

#1 Post by dice_monkey »

This is for all things OOC. Don't be a stranger, pull up a stool and let's talk. If you are going to be out of pocket for a few days, let me know here. If you've got a question, I'll do my best to give you an answer. Want to know my astrological sign or my favorite futbol team, ask away. I have an open door policy, either here or via PM should you have any concerns.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Lounge

#3 Post by Antman9 »

Howdy!

Getting ready to work on my stats and chargen.
Looking forward to this :D
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by dice_monkey »

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, at least those of us living in the USA. Everyone else...I hope you had a nice day :D

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by VonAlric »

Greetings to all. Hope you have had a good Thanksgiving (in the US) and a good day otherwise! This looks to be an interesting group.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by kalstone »

Greetings to everyone as well. It does sound like this will be a great game.

One interesting thing I've found about Blueholme is that Clerics get their spells from a spell book, and they only get replenished between adventures. That makes those spell slots incredibly valuable.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Urson »

"If you get hurt- keep going. If you get killed- walk it off."
FA FO

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by dice_monkey »

Okay gents, thank you for your patience as my Thanksgiving activities have ended. Look to the IC thread as the party starts their journey into the Valley of Nuromen.

Please keep in mind that while I do loves me rolling the dice, I will as DM use the dice roller and post the results. I am a firm and fair DM and I do not fudge the results. The MOST important thing I can tell you is too have fun. It this game ceases being fun then I will have failed my job as DM. So let's do this thing!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by kalstone »

What gods exist in your setting? I need to pick one for Angus.

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by dice_monkey »

kalstone wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:13 pm What gods exist in your setting? I need to pick one for Angus.
I knew this would come up. A good question, own that kept me thinking for quite awhile. While I could have made my own pantheon of deities I was worried the game might not take off and all that effort...

Today at work I decided that I would use the World of Mystara set of deities. It is one that I'm intimately familiar with.

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#12 Post by dice_monkey »

Please sure you have listed one of the Blueholme alighnments on your character sheet. A reminder, of the neutral alignments there is only one, true neutral. There is no LN, CN, NE, or NG.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by VonAlric »

In the Prentice rules, there are no lockpicks listed for equipment although they are listed in the Journeymanne rules. How do you want to handle this?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by kalstone »

Sorry to be such a pain, but do you have a reference for the Mystara dieties? It looks like there are multiple versions out there.

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by dice_monkey »

VonAlric wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:05 am In the Prentice rules, there are no lockpicks listed for equipment although they are listed in the Journeymanne rules. How do you want to handle this?
How strange. Looks like a editing mistake to me. Go with the price in the Journeymann's rules.

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#16 Post by dice_monkey »

kalstone wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:54 pm Sorry to be such a pain, but do you have a reference for the Mystara dieties? It looks like there are multiple versions out there.
No, you're not a pain at all. At least not yet ;)

Sorry for the change but I've finally decided to go to with these guys below. I've parsed the list to the major deities. More may be added later.

Boccob, god of magic, arcane knowledge, balance and foresight
Corellon Larethian, god of elves
Moradin, god of dwarves
Nerull, god of death, darkness, murder and the underworld - Not available to PCs unless you can convince me (not likely)
Pelor, god of sun, light, strength and healing. More humans worship Pelor than any other deity.
Yondalla, goddess of halflings
Raven, minor god of thieves. Former mortal raised to godhood (my own creation).

There are other evil deities, the worship of being banned in civilized lands and worshipped in dark, secret places. Others are worshipped by evil humanoids and select sentient monsters.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by VonAlric »

dice_monkey wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:04 pm
VonAlric wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:05 am In the Prentice rules, there are no lockpicks listed for equipment although they are listed in the Journeymanne rules. How do you want to handle this?
How strange. Looks like a editing mistake to me. Go with the price in the Journeymann's rules.
Got it. Thanks.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by kalstone »

I think a Cleric of Boccob would be interesting, so I'll pick him.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Urson »

nothing but shelter for bears and bandits.
We can bargain with the bears to share their cave- but the bandits will need to be killed.... :lorcl:
FA FO

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by dice_monkey »

I'm shopping for a good mapper so I hope to have something to show for my efforts Sunday.

Return to “Valley of Nuromen (Blueholme)”