OOC (formerly Questions for the DMs)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC (formerly Questions for the DMs)

#1 Post by rredmond »

Here.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character thread

#2 Post by Bhart »

Whenever you feel your character is ready please post a big "WAITING FOR DM APPROVAL at the top of the sheet, so Ron and I know when to take a look at it.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Stirling »

Hello guys and thankyou for the invitation to join Plan B! just reading from the forums that the DMs' expect plan A to go tits up, guess we'll have a few corpses to trample over then? Never played ToH so this is virgin territory for me! Ha Ha! Well with 600K xp to use I was going to roll up some Elven fighter/ thief. Will work on the 'dice of doom' for the stats and and just play what the fates give me!

Had some basic trouble logging on to the dice roller? Hopefully newbie teething troubles and I'll get it sorted to post up a suitable piece of party cannon fodder for our expedition on Friday am. Okay, looking forward to surviving at least the first level!!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

We are going to be in a separate game from Team A, Sterling. So we're going to get started as soon as everyone is ready with their character (and the DMs are ready, obviously).

Welcome to the party!

Don't get too attached to your character. :)

Cheers,
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Bhart »

Stirling wrote:Hello guys and thankyou for the invitation to join Plan B! just reading from the forums that the DMs' expect plan A to go tits up, guess we'll have a few corpses to trample over then? Never played ToH so this is virgin territory for me! Ha Ha! Well with 600K xp to use I was going to roll up some Elven fighter/ thief. Will work on the 'dice of doom' for the stats and and just play what the fates give me!

Had some basic trouble logging on to the dice roller? Hopefully newbie teething troubles and I'll get it sorted to post up a suitable piece of party cannon fodder for our expedition on Friday am. Okay, looking forward to surviving at least the first level!!
Welcome Stirling! As Alethian said, we will be running both teams through ToH simultaneously. This will be a bit of a competition to see who makes it the farthest.

I look forward to seeing that character.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Stirling »

Am currently rolling up McCloud, 1/2 elven fighter/thief. If I can figure out the forum nuances and this darned computor I'll get it all ready for next week! Just rolled ability scores and fits in nice to dual class with no tweaking!! Do we need to change figures for race bonus and character age? Hopefully so and I'll do that before detailing his sheet.

I note the DMs' may role for a goodie bag of treasure for each character? Okay let me know what the 'gods' have divined and I'll put it in the inventory....heres' hoping for some AC blessing!!!

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Bhart »

Stirling wrote:Am currently rolling up McCloud, 1/2 elven fighter/thief. If I can figure out the forum nuances and this darned computor I'll get it all ready for next week! Just rolled ability scores and fits in nice to dual class with no tweaking!! Do we need to change figures for race bonus and character age? Hopefully so and I'll do that before detailing his sheet.

I note the DMs' may role for a goodie bag of treasure for each character? Okay let me know what the 'gods' have divined and I'll put it in the inventory....heres' hoping for some AC blessing!!!
Yes please be sure to apply all racial and age adjustments to your abilities. Since the characters are high level in this game you can choose what age you want to be, no need to roll.

Take a look at the 'General Character creation' thread. There's a list of magic item packet numbers, claim one and I'll send your magic items.

Dumnbunny
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by Dumnbunny »

How should clerical spells be determined? I found a post in the recruitment thread about magic user spells, but the instructions there don't really apply to clerics (for example, clerics don't have a minimum number of spells based on Int).
Jed [AC: 14, HP: 9/10, Deity Disapproval: 1-2], Murq [AC: 13, 8/8]

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by rredmond »

Dumnbunny wrote:How should clerical spells be determined? I found a post in the recruitment thread about magic user spells, but the instructions there don't really apply to clerics (for example, clerics don't have a minimum number of spells based on Int).
Ah the joy of clerics, all spells are open to you. There's a combined list I have up somewhere that has both PH and UA spells. But clerics pray for the spells they want from their god(s). No need for books or any such silliness. ;) You choose the spells you want from everything listed, as long as they match the SPELLS USABLE BY CLASS AND LEVEL Chart in the Cleric description in the PH.

Can you tell I enjoy playing a cleric way more than an MU? :D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Bhart »

Hmm I count only 5 people posting. Where are the rest of our players for party 2?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Questions for the DMs

#11 Post by Alethan »

Moved a bunch of posts out of the Character Thread so we can keep that thread just for people posting their character sheets.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Bhart »

Alethan wrote:Moved a bunch of posts out of the Character Thread so we can keep that thread just for people posting their character sheets.
Thank you sir.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

Bhart wrote:
Alethan wrote:Moved a bunch of posts out of the Character Thread so we can keep that thread just for people posting their character sheets.
Thank you sir.
Don't know if I've more or less OCD than others, but... I have OCD, nonetheless.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Stirling »

Magic items duly received! ooh thankyou a (Kilt!!) cloak of protection amongst other goodies! Hope it does more than keep my balls warm!!

just a question regarding HP. I am assuming (sorry if I missed the page for it in the other forums) that dual or multi-class characters will halve their hp for each level gained to balance their duality versus single class characters? eg 9th level fighter HP is 9 x d10 + 9 x con bonus but my 8th level fighter and 11th level thief is 8 x d10 + 8xcon bonus plus 11 x d6 + 11 x con bonus / 2 = hp... would average 50+HP instead of combined 100+.

Hope question makes sense, will hope to post up final character sheet tomorrow.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

Correct. Total them both, divide by 2.
:)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by max_vale »

Actually, for Dual class humans.....I think you roll normally for HPs for the first class; and then don't gain additional HPs in the new class until/unless those levels then exceed the highest level of the initial class.

I.e. a Magic User who made it to 5th level and then decided to become a Fighter; keeps his HP total rolled as a MU until he reaches 6th level as a Fighter; at which point he would roll a d10 for HPs.

-The division of HPs by number of classes if for Multi-classed Demi-humans. In other words; a Half Orc Cleric/Thief at the time of character creation would roll a d8 for his Cleric class and divide the total by 2; then roll a d6 for his Thief class and divide the total by 2; and then add the results together. (So....for example, he rolls a 4 for his Cleric's d8 roll and a 6 for his Thief d6 roll. Cut in half; this equals 2 and 3; combined this equals 5; so the character starts with 5 HPs).

Later, when gaining a level; he rolls the classes' Hit Die and divides by 2. (To continue the example above; the character reaches 2nd level in Thief before reaching 2nd level in Cleric. He would then roll a d6; and let's say he rolls a 2. He then divides this by 2; and adds the resulting 1 to his total of 5 for a new total of 6 HPs).

I might be mistaken; I'm currently at work and can't check the books; but I believe this is how this works. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by rredmond »

Shoot you are right Max. I didn't read it all. Averaging the hit points is just for multi class, not dual class.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Stirling »

thought as much otherwise he'd potentially have as much HP as Acerack? Okay will do the maths and roll up some HP. McCloud is 1/2 elven but with no con bonus.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

Stirling wrote:thought as much otherwise he'd potentially have as much HP as Acerack? Okay will do the maths and roll up some HP. McCloud is 1/2 elven but with no con bonus.
I thought only humans could dual class and only demihumans could multi-class. At least in 1e rules, anyway.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by max_vale »

Yep; that is correct.....I just went with the lengthy explanation as the question had both terms; I wasn't sure if he was asking about both; but I decided to go ahead with the "too much" is better than "not enough". My apologies if this was the wrong assumption! :)

Return to “Party 2”