OOC 1

DexterWard
DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC 1

#81 Post by DexterWard »

SilverBen wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:15 am DexterWard, just curious on your method: if you are able to recruit another player to fill vacant role, were you planning on having the party exploring the tunnels encounter a new character? or have the new player assume the exisitng character Nemesis abandoned for continuity? or something else? Or do you prefer not answer and simply respond, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" [fimg=]https://www.deviantart.com/itsoy-itsay/ ... -602344926[/fimg]
Great question SilverBen. My intension is to have any new players create their own character, and then based on where the party is I'd make a game-time decision when the new player is ready to start playing as to how they join the party. That's how I typically run things :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#82 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Was that the total amount of coins found in the room, or what was in the first cart we moved? :shock: :D

Do you want us to keep track of the items we find along the way? (30sp, 27gp, 3pp)

Or will you keep a running tab on that for us as well?

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by DexterWard »

@Ogre Mage
HeeHee...Just the total for that one cart, not including what's scattered accross the floor of that big room or the other carts ;)
And Yes, I will keep a running total. I have xp calculated already and will add that along with treasure to a new thread soon.
I assumed the party as a whole would gather all the coins after you make a cursory search of the SW tunnel.
You were the only one that said anything about gathering treasure, which seemed directed to the one cart only:
Collecting what he can of the coins from the floor and inside the cart that is about to be pushed onto the platform

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#84 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, great!

The less we lazy players have to track, the better. :lol:

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All, Apologies...I was just tallying XP and treasure for a new thread and realized I forgot to multiply the coinage results by 10. So sorry. Totally didn't catch that in my earlier reply to OGRE MAGE. Here are the actuals:

Treasures: 300sp, 270gp, 30pp

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by SilverBen »

So sorry gentlemen, to my embarassment I just now realized my post below was not referencing the most recent one when I replied...
SilverBen wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:31 am Tore scans the room watching for the effect of the shifting levers.

Not much more I can add here to be helpful so just checking in with a brief "heartbeat" post and patiently waiting until I can take some meaningful action
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by DexterWard »

No worries SilverBen...Edit as you see fit. :D

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by DexterWard »

We have a new party member.
Please welcome Rex and his character:

Rowan, Master of hounds
with his dog Jagd

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rex »

Hi Everyone, thanks for having me!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by SilverBen »

Welcome Rex, very encouraged to have you join us when finding players for play by post is rare. I must give kudos to our group and DM. We are in a good pattern and everyone is consistently moving the game along with each post. Looking forward to meeting your character
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hey Rex!

Welcome!

What took ya so long? :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

I can be slow sometimes!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by SilverBen »

Bluetongue, totally not my intention to have Tore assume the dictator role here, just encouraging our retreat to the surface and concerned with the consequences if we don't make it out in time before the worms to come out of the woodwork.
Bluetongue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:58 pm Denny OK. If the consensus is to return to the tavern, the dwarf is okay with that.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by Bluetongue »

No problem at all. Silky, Bigsby and Tore all made in character posts to express a preference not to delve further so that is fine with me.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#95 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All,

Wanted to jump in real quick and give an update...My apologies for delayed posts...We've had a lot of emergency COVID vaccine related work this past week at work. I'll be working late again tonight, but should have time tomorrow to make a post. So sorry for a the delay.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by SilverBen »

Totally understandable! Don't take any risks or neglect anything that compromises your health. The new strains are particularly concerning to all the healthcare workers I am in touch with

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#97 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That's what I would call a necessary priority! :D

Keep up the good work DW!

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by jemmus »

Hi all, thanks for having me! I saw some self-introductions on page 1, so I'll do the same. I'm the new guy. Or actually the old guy, 58 years old, which is 406 years in dog years. I'm in Long Island, New York but originally from Texas. I used to play and DM a lot of AD&D (1st edition) in high school, and a little more in college. I tend to post pretty quickly (as soon as it's my turn). My kids went off to college so I have free time again. I'm in two Amber Diceless RPG games, a Stars Without Number one, a 5E one, and this one (all PBP). Looking forward to it!
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by SilverBen »

Welcome back to gaming Jemmus! Think of it as every gray hair in your beard is an attribute of wisdo and experience!

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All. Things have finally slowed this week. Hopefully it stays that way for a few weeks at least. I wanted to get a post in tonight, but am not able to. I will definitely get a post in tomorrow. Maybe Jemmus will be ready by then and I can work him in somewhere :)

I'm super excited to see where you all go with this campaign. :D

Return to “Old School Dungeon Crawls (OD&D)”