Blank Character Sheet

Code: Select all

[b][size=150]Character Name[/size][/b]
[b]Player:[/b] [i]Player Name[/i]
[b]Playbook:[/b] [i]Book[/i]
[b]Cred:[/b] [i]5[/i]
[b]Exp:[/b] [i]0[/i]

[b]= Stats =[/b]
[b]Style[/b] [i]+0[/i], [b]Edge[/b] [i]+0[/i], [b]Cool[/b] [i]+0[/i], [b]Mind[/b] [i]+0[/i],[b] Meat[/b] [i]+0[/i],[b] Synth[/b] [i]+0[/i]

[b]= Playbook Moves =[/b]
[b]Name[/b]
[i]Description[/i]

[b]= Cyberware =[/b]
[b]Name[/b]
[i]Description and Tags[/i]

[b]= Gear & Assets =[/b]
[b]Name[/b] [i](Description and Tags)[/i]
[b]Name[/b] [i](Description and Tags)[/i]

[b]= Directives =[/b]
[b]Name[/b] [i]Description and Effect[/i]
[b]Name[/b] [i]Description and Effect[/i]

[b]= Links =[/b]
[b]Character Name[/b] [i]+0[/i]
[b]Character Name[/b] [i]+0[/i]

[b]= Character Bio =[/b]
[i]Feel free to include a portrait. The more you type the more everyone has to work with.[/i]
= Retired Runners =
Shelley
XP: 5
Advances:

Rat
XP: 5
Advances:
Last edited by Faanku on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The Team (Character Sheets)

#2 Post by thenewflesh »

Salome
Player: thenewflesh
Playbook: The Killer
Cred: 5
Exp: 0

= Stats =
Style +1, Edge +0, Cool +1, Mind -1, Meat +0, Synth +2

= Playbook Moves =
Custom weapon
Detailed in gear.

Serious badass
When you enter a charged situation, roll Style. 10+: gain 2 hold. 7–9: gain 1 hold. Spend 1 hold to make eye contact with an NPC present, who freezes or flinches and can’t act until you break it off. 6-: your enemies identify you immediately as their foremost threat.

= Cyberware =
Fenghuang X200 Neural Interface with Targeting Suite:
When you fire a weapon you are +linked to, you may inflict additional harm equal to your Synth. You may also roll Synth instead of Meat to mix it up. You may precisely define the area of effect for weapons with the +autofire tag to exclude or include potential targets from weapon damage.
(Owned)

Synthetic Nerves:
You react so quickly that you can almost dodge bullets. If none of your enemies have synth nerves, take +1 forward to mix it up. In situations where reaction time is critical, take +1 forward to act under pressure.
(Owned)

= Gear & Assets =
4K Hachimi Kunai Numerous wicked-sharp knives (3-harm hand numerous)
Glock 57 Silenced machine pistol (2-harm close/near autofire linked)
Kalashnikov Assault rifle (3-harm near/far loud autofire linked)
Hyosung Ripcycle Aggressive motorcycle

= Directives =
Network When your membership in the Blue Lotus hinders the mission, mark experience.
Masochistic When you take harm, mark experience.

= Links =
Character Name +0
Character Name +0

= Character Bio =

"From gutter thou art; to gutter shall return," said Father, as he adjusted the synthetic nerves under her skin. The first three weeks were one constant scream of pain. Then it suddenly ceased, and Salome found herself gliding effortlessly through her enemies' defenses - Father's dancing girl, dancing like Herod's daughter to hand him John the Baptist's severed head.

To Father she owed everything: once guttertrash, now agent of death. He it was who found her, baptized her with his scalpel, and trained her in the dance of knives. Under his wise and just command she fights for liberation of Rason city from the South Koreans.
Last edited by thenewflesh on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by ZanKyu »

John Doe "The Rat"
Player: Kyu
Playbook: Hunter

= Stats =
Style +0, Edge +2, Cool -1, Mind +1, Meat +1, Synth +0

= Playbook Moves =
Ear to the ground
You have a knack for loosening lips and picking up information. When you circulate among a neighbourhood or a group of people, you may research to gather information.

It all fits together!
You’re a master of making connections between seemingly unrelated events. At the start of a mission, roll Edge.
10+: gain 3 hold
7-9: gain 1 hold
As you put everything together during the mission, spend 1 hold at any time
to ask a question from the research list.

Eye for detail
You are a master at tailing people and staking out locations. When you perform surveillance on a person or a place, gain [intel] and roll assess.

See the angles
At the start of the Action Phase, gain [intel] and [gear].

= Cyberware =
Tactical Computer "A.L.I.C.E." +hunted (Horizoonsoft)
When you assess in a tactical situation, hold +1, even on a miss.

= Gear & Assets =
Heavy revolver ((3-harm close/near reload loud)
Hand taser (s-harm hand reload)
Nondescript sedan
Glasses +recording

= Directives =
Behavioural: Describe your ethical code. When adhering to your code hinders the mission, mark experience.
Once it was horrible to think that the world could one day be filled with nothing but those little cogs, little men clinging to little jobs and striving towards bigger ones. Only a few enlightened men have foreseen the grim world of today, where rationalization and bureaucratization expands unckecked, where the sense of life is not of prosperity and freedom, but of containment within an iron cage. It is up to us to break free of the cage, escape our puppetmasters and regain our individuality and autonomy.
Filial: When you put the advice of A.L.I.C.E. ahead of the mission, mark experience.

= Links =
Salome +1
Shelly +1
Motley Fool +1

= Character Bio =
For six months, he couldn't sleep. Thanks to Nogsaeg Kkum though, he could still dream. As the trip was nearing its end, he could sense that his mouth was open and was dribbling before the monitor. On the dark screen only a green blinking underscore could be seen. He had no idea how much time he was staring at the screen. Time had lost its meaning a long time ago.

Work. Eat. Sleep.

His trip should have lasted half a day probably. He has spent his entire monthly salary for this. In order to gather the required cred he has skipped most of his meals, but now the green vial was tossed empty on top of his desk.

Work. Eat. Sleep.

He clutched his revolver and put the muzzle into his gaping mouth. The cold metal soothed his dry mouth. Just a bit more and he could finally...

On the monitor a text appeared.

<A.L.I.C.E.> John?

He continued to stare at the screen while his finger was fiddling with the trigger. A second monitor opened up showing the footage of an office complex, the place he was working at. The security cam had a blurry image, but he could still make most of the details. He took the gun off his mouth and aimed at the second monitor.

<A.L.I.C.E.> It's time.

Within seconds the entire office complex would give its place to a collapsing pile of concrete and metal as the flames wreak mayhem to whatever was left from the explosion. He enjoyed the view for a few more minutes before pulling the trigger.

Now he could finally get some fucking sleep.
Last edited by ZanKyu on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AoC
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by AoC »

Shelly
Player: AoC
Playbook: Tech
Cred: 1
Exp: 1

= Stats =
Style +0, Edge +0, Cool +1, Mind +1, Meat -1, Synth +2

= Playbook Moves =
Expert Splicer
You are an expert in cybernetics and biomodification; you
may begin with one extra piece of cyberware; describe how you
implanted this in yourself, but you need not describe how you paid
for it.

Storager
After receiving a job you may look through your accumulated
parts and supplies for equipment that might help with the current mission.
Roll Mind.
10+: gain 3 [gear] relevant to your chosen area(s) of expertise
7-9: gain 1 [gear] relevant to your chosen area(s) of expertise

Customizer
You can identify and examine new or complicated technology
related to your area of expertise, and modify technology with which you
are familiar. When you try to modify a piece of tech, tell the MC what you
want to do and discuss what tags or game effect that modification will
have. The MC will tell you the requirements in terms of: time; tools; parts;
help from contacts; more research.

Blend in
When you’re about to be caught somewhere you shouldn’t be,
but look and act like you belong there, roll Cool.
10+: no one thinks twice about your presence until you do something
to attract attention.
7-9: you’ll be fine as long as you leave right now, but if you do anything
else, your presence will arouse suspicion.

= Cyberware =
Cyberarm with Implant Tools
When you have time and space to
interface with a device you are attempting to fix, bypass, or tamper
with, take +1 forward. You may add additional options to your
cyberarm during play in the normal way.

Enthusiasm drove them to install a frankly +substandard piece of hardware.

Cybereyes
When you have cybereyes installed, choose three
of following tags: +thermographic, +light amplification,
+magnification, +flare compensation, +recording, +encrypted,
+inaccessible partition. When your enhanced sight helps, you may
roll Synth for assess

+Unreliable

= Gear & Assets =
Toolkit and gear (appropriate to your area(s) of expertise)
Gas Grenades (s-harm near area reload gas)
Holdout pistol (2-harm hand/close discreet quick reload loud)

Armoured clothing (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the
harm move)

Comms +Encrypted jamming communications relay
Trauma Derms allows you to apply first aid to characters at 2100 or less
harm

= Directives =
Protective When you put your responsibility to acquire better gear
and hardware ahead of the mission, mark experience

Proselytising Describe your belief system. When you persuade
others to act according to your beliefs, mark experience.

The Flesh is weak, this much we know. And implants are but the first, timid step
in abandoning these flawed vessels. But we are cowardly, fear the consequences
of flying too high and that keeps us chained to the ground like beasts.
Embrace the future that awaits us, smoothed and purified.

= Links =
John Doe +1
Character Name +0

= Character Bio =

A familiar ache woke her up. She didn't need to pull up diagnostics screens to know what was wrong this time, the telltale twitching of the ring finger betrayed that it was a rotator cuff rotors issue. Still half-asleep she smacked the area with an open palm with a practiced move. It took three tries this time to get it to stop, leaving her only with a dull pain and the memories of a botched self-surgery. She scoffed. Lots of teens think they already know everything about the world and how things work, but she was different. She knew she was better than those chop shop jockeys, so full of 14 year old hubris she implanted it herself. She botched herself.

It would be years of more research, work and dealing with the jeers and concerned looks her twitchy arm would attract. Years to regain the confidence to work on herself again. But the experience proved invaluable, she could perform delicate operations with her eyes closed. Which was necessary when she replaced her own eyes next, the culmination of all that she had learned hands-on.
But quality hardware is not cheap. Neither is the leftover "medication" habit. What started as an odd-job here and there became a shaky career as "that guy", the one with the body issues but exquisite work. The one that can make your cheapo budget gear run as a flagship exotic. She hated those rumors... All she really wanted was to get enough money to afford the quality she deserved, that she needed. She reached her hand under her pillow to find that old yellowed notepad. Didn't even need to open it to know all the diagrams, notes and decades worth of scribbled annotations describing precisely the required procedures and hardware to piece by piece, replace herself entirely. She scratched absentmindedly one of her weak meat legs with her good arm, the cool feeling of artificial muscles reassuring her. Soon she could disappear completely.
Last edited by AoC on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by Marisu »

Motley Fool
Player: Marisu
Playbook: Driver
Cred: 3

= Stats =
Style +1, Edge +1, Cool +2, Mind +0, Meat -1, Synth +0

= Playbook Moves =
Wheels
You start with a cyber-linked vehicle. If your vehicle has Power+2, it may start with one mounted weapon system.

Second Skin
When jacked in through your Neural Interface to a cyber-linked vehicle:
  • when you act under pressure, roll Cool + your car’s power
  • if you mix it up, roll Synth (instead of Meat) + your car’s power
  • if you play hardball, roll Edge + your car’s looks
  • if you help or interfere with someone, roll Links + your car’s power
  • if someone interferes with you, add your car’s weakness to their roll (in addition to their links)
Daredevil
When you drive straight into danger without hedging your bets, you get +1 armour. If you take one or more harm, mark experience.

= Cyberware =
Fenghuang T48 Neural Interface with Remote Control Module
Allows direct neural control of an appropriately configured external device such as a vehicle, weapon, recording device, or hacked electronic system. The RCM gives the interface wireless broadcast and reception capacity to allow the remote control of vehicles and drones.
The T48 model replaces a coin-shaped portion of the skull and interfaces with the brain directly through countless threads microns in diameter. This helps reduce reports of ghost images or violent mood swings. Plus the beefy encryption and guaranteed firmware updates for the next few years has reduced the threat of all but the most intensive attacks. Medics who are authorized with the use of the medical drones are often given these implants. The extra information and immediate feedback helps with the delicate operations required such as working in an operating theater or under the pressure of a chaotic triage tent.
+military +encrypted +multi-tasking +owned (Blue Lotus)

= Gear & Assets =
Fujimoto Howashima Automatic Shotgun 3-harm close/near loud messy autofire
Originally manufactured for the exclusive use of the corp, nonetheless these somehow find themselves in the hands of paramilitary personnel and black market dealers.
ROK Trauma Derms (allows you to apply first aid to characters at 2100 or less harm)
Mostly stitched and covered in patches now, at one point it proudly displayed a military insignia.
Seoul con Carne! Cyber-linked commercial van
Korean-Mexican fusion food truck that mostly operates downtown. Festooned with distinctive neon skulls and always decorated with bright and vibrant flowers, the owner often threatens to play mariachi music. Sometimes does "special orders". Follow the Fool's feed (@seoulconcarne) to track where it may show up next!

== Seoul con Carne! ==
Returning back to civilian life left Fool with nothing but a beater of a truck and no home or family to return to. While she hadn't worked in the food industry before, she still had a network of contacts willing to pay to get a lot of something moved somewhere else, no questions asked. If perhaps some professionals need a few Nozdraviye painkillers, who's she to judge? As long as the Creds stick. Countless trips to the mechanic, a lot of practice, and more than a handful of close calls later, and now some people actually like the food.

Frame: Power+2, Looks+1, Weakness+2, 2-Armour
Strengths: +rugged +workhorse
Looks: +garish
Weaknesses: +cramped +loud
Weapons: Autocannon (4-harm near/far area messy breach)
Menu:
  • Burritozillaaaaa!!
    • With Add-ons:
    • F̶e̶r̶m̵e̶n̴t̵e̶d̷ ̶S̴o̷y̸b̵e̶a̶n̴ ̴P̵a̵s̸t̷e̴
    • Ġ̵͓̱u̷̼̹̯̾̀a̸̝̞̔͛j̵̜̄͂̀i̷͍̥͝l̴̫͑̽ĺ̸̩̤̊̈́ọ̵͍̍̉ ̸̨͊C̸͙̙̄̾͝h̵̛͓i̵͇͖̪̓l̶̻̟͌e̵̗̾̓̃s̴͙̾
  • Kimchi Quesadilla
  • Bibim-Yum
  • Horchata Bubble Tea
  • Guksu Al Pastor
= Directives =
Rejected When your former membership in the Republic of Korea Army hinders the mission, mark experience.
Illustrious When your desire for fame draws unwanted attention to the mission, mark experience.

= Links =
Salome +1
John Doe +1
Shelley +1

= Character Bio =
It was a lovely Sunday drive. Myeung's eyes pingponged from the map to the displays of the engine's gauge and temperature to the rear cameras lit up with the headlights of her pursuers. In the back she had packs of Nozdraviye meds, a fake license, and her favorite song on. She grinned as she swung the wheel hard and cranked the manual brake. Gunfire popped and peppered the truck's frame. The tires squealed as she found her center, where she breathed deeply of the rubber incense. Now she just needed to get back onto her road. There, between the map's paths, that's her route. The arcology gardens were not made to be a track, but it worked to slow her pursuers just before they could catch up. "Sorry chummers, but my friend needs it more!" Her hand hovered near her face. One gesture and she could pull out the big guns... No, too many innocents.

Fool made another turn, they were gaining on her now. At this rate, they'll box her in before she can get out of the arcology and onto more familiar streets, and that'll mean her head against the asphalt. Not ideal. She frantically swerved onto a roundabout, cut through a narrow side road, and found herself on a collision course with one of Rason port's warehouse's doors. With a devastating crash that shattered her windshield and sent flowers flying, she grit her teeth and continued to drive on through with the two cars hot on her ass. Her truck rolled forward until it came to a stop, and Fool let out a breath. The pursuers were closing in and firing off more pot shots. The warehouse was dark, mostly empty, and, most importantly of all, free of people. Her grit of determination turned into a vindictive grin.

"Got you~"

Next came a loud whirr of the autocannon sprung out of its hiding hole. Seoul con Carne!'s engines roared back to life, and Fool turned a tight doughnut even as she locked onto her targets. The rush of adrenaline tickled Fool enough to make her bark out a hearty laugh as she urged her steel chariot forth.

Last edited by Marisu on Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Dokkaebi, Hacker (WIP)

#6 Post by Enoch »

"Dokkaebi" (Kyeong-Cham)
Player: Enoch
Playbook: Hacker

= Stats =

Style +0, Edge +1, Cool +0, Mind +1, Meat -1, Synth +2

= Playbook Moves =

Jack in: When you’re jacked into the matrix, you have access to the matrix moves in Chapter 8: The Matrix.

Console cowboy: When you connect to a secure system, roll Mind.
10+: gain 3 hold
7-9: gain 1 hold
While in that system, you may spend 1 hold for any of the following effects:
  • Prevent a construct from triggering an alert
  • Avoid an ICE routine executed against you, your deck, or your programs
  • Increase your hold over compromised security or manipulated systems by 1

Rep: use Synth in the matrix for fast talk or play hardball; mark experience when rep gets you into trouble.

= Cyberware =

Neural Interface with Data Storage: The interface that allows you to jack into the matrix. When you use research to search internally or externally stored data, gain an extra [intel] on a hit. +encrypted, +high speed
+junkie, +hunted (hacked the invoicing system of a Fenghuang cybersurgery subsidiary to show it had been paid for)

= Gear & Assets =

Ssireum (Hardening 1, Firewall 1, Processor 2, Stealth 2)
  • Sift (Take +1 ongoing to research or search for paydata in a secure database)
  • Eject (+1 forward to jack out)
  • Lockdown (When you successfully compromise security, hold +1)

Flechette pistol (3-harm close/near quick flechette)
Armoured fridge (3-armour, immobile)
Armoured hanbok (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the harm
move)

= Directives =

Revealing When Dokkaebi discovers more information about Horizoonsoft, mark experience.
Financial When you hinder the mission for a chance at extra profit, mark experience.

= Links =

Motley Fool +1
Sung-ho Ran +1

= Character Bio =

Know what's infuriating? Spending all that time coming up with the perfect handle, and spending years building yourself as a brand, only to find some software company has started using that name for a modern-day Tomigachi. But what's worse? Seeing that stupid piece of software suddenly rocket past you in popularity and name recognition, until one day when you introduce yourself to the cute girl at the bar by your handle and you see the look of pity and disbelief in her face when she says "oh...like the Matrix agent?"

After all that work building his rep as one of the New Capitalists, building a client base, establishing a name...only to see his regulars slink away in embarrassment as his name became more of a liability than an asset. Of course, having Daejung Cyberware sniffing around for him didn't help. Granted, he didn't know it was a subsidiary of Fenghuang; he just knew it had a good rep for cybersurgery, and they stored their invoicing system on a server in a DMZ with weak encryption and a firewall with way too many ports open. So he hacked in and added an entry to indicate that he'd paid for a top-of-the-line neural interface that he hadn't received yet. He called the next day to schedule the surgery and had long since recovered by the time the comptroller discovered the ruse. Apparently losing your quarterly bonus due to mismanagement will cause people to hold a grudge...

In RL, Kyeong-Cham has a friendly, unassuming appearance, and affects a colorful modern hanbok (discreetly lined with flexi-synth). However, he much prefers his Matrix avatar: a hopping, one-legged trickster demon rendered in black-and-white. Dokkaebi has a programmed cantrip that tends to render nearby Matrix objects in grayscale as well, though this sometimes draws the ire of sysadmins and can be easily overridden by anyone with admin privileges in the node.

Circles: Working-class neighborhood, Blue Lotus Triad
Last edited by Enoch on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

StephenTarheel
Squire
Squire

#7 Post by StephenTarheel »

[still have a bit more work to do, but wanted to get this out there]

Sung-ho Ran
Player: StephenTarheel
Playbook: Reporter

= Stats =
Style +0, Edge +2, Cool -1, Mind +1, Meat +0, Synth +1

= Playbook Moves =
Live and on the air
When you go live from the scene and broadcast
a stream to avoid harm and expose your target, roll Edge.
10+: you get the shot you want and are “escorted” to a position of safety.
7-9: choose one:
* your story irritates your target. (The MC will advance a relevant threat clock)
* someone on your team gets hurt off camera
* your story angers your employer
* your rushed narrative is misinterpreted by the public with unintended consequences
Nose for a story
At the start of a mission, roll Edge.
10+: gain 3 hold.
7-9: gain 1 hold. During the mission, spend 1 hold to invoke one of the following effects:
* ask one question from the research list
* take +1 forward when monstering
* find a piece of evidence that links this mission to a current story; start a Story Clock and a linked Noise Clock or roll to gather evidence

Gather evidence
When you gather evidence to break a story, roll Mind.
10+: You get the evidence you need, advance that Story Clock.
7-9: You get the evidence, but tip your hand to someone implicated in your story; tell the MC which clock to advance: a relevant Corporate Clock, the linked Noise Clock or the relevant Mission Clock (Legwork or Action, depending on which phase of the current mission you’re in).
6-: The MC will advance the Noise Clock and make a move.

If the Story Clock reaches 0000 before the Noise Clock, the Reporter has broken the story before the implicated parties could cover up the evidence, or stop the investigation. The exact implications of this for the game will vary based on the story, but it should have a major impact on theimplicated parties and will affect at least one Corporate Clock.

If the Noise Clock reaches 0000 before the Story Clock, the implicated parties have tied up all the loose ends and the story is dead. Now that damage control is complete, they can deal with the Reporter permanently. Advance any relevant Corporate or Threat Clocks.

War correspondent
When acting under pressure while in physical danger, roll Edge instead of Cool.

= Cyberware =
Cybereyes
recording, encrypted, magnification. When your enhanced sight helps, you may roll Synth for assess.

= Gear & Assets =
Hand taser (s-harm hand reload)
Recording equipment
Communications equipment encrypted

= Directives =
Compassionate When you put your compassion for the powerless ahead of the mission, mark experience.
Revealing When you discover more information about _________ _______________________, mark experience.

= Links =
Character Name +0
Character Name +0

= Character Bio =
Born in Sariwon, Sung-ho saw the worst of an autocratic government. After reunification, he committed himself to exercising the new liberties of the press, believing that was the best way forward for him to help Korea. While he's cynical about people in power, he doesn't always appreciate the need for patience.

Return to “Neon Shadows (PbtA: The Sprawl)”