"I can't post because....."

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

Re: "I can't post because....."

#2 Post by mithrandir138 »

Just a heads up -- next week I will be traveling to Chicago for work, so my participation may be infrequent. I know people are still finishing characters, and I am reviewing them, but I don't want you guys to get impatient and lose interest. I am also excited to start the game, but I want to make sure that everyone has a character they will enjoy and they are ready to start this (hopefully) long-running campaign. So, let's take vote:

Do we want to use next week to develop backstories for their characters and have Friday Dec 14 be the "deadline" for having characters complete, etc.?
or
Do we want to use the rest of this week to finish characters, and start the campaign over the weekend, but have it be a "slow week".

Let's discuss.

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#3 Post by moorcrys »

mithrandir138 wrote:Let's discuss.
I'm happy to defer to the group thinking on this, but my personal belief is that we should get started this weekend even if next week is a 'slow post' week for you. My concern is that pushing the start of the campaign off for an additional week and a half to two weeks might sink it before it begins, particularly with the holidays looming. I'd rather get the cards on the table even if it takes a while to play through the first go around.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Blazeguard »

moorcrys wrote:
mithrandir138 wrote:Let's discuss.
I'm happy to defer to the group thinking on this, but my personal belief is that we should get started this weekend even if next week is a 'slow post' week for you. My concern is that pushing the start of the campaign off for an additional week and a half to two weeks might sink it before it begins, particularly with the holidays looming. I'd rather get the cards on the table even if it takes a while to play through the first go around.
I agree. Starting off with a slow week is not a bad thing in my opinion. This lets us get into the swing of things and iron out any kinks that we may find.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Mondego »

I am fine with starting slow.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#6 Post by jdluna »

I agree. Let's get this thing going.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by mithrandir138 »

Ok -- so I just made it back home from Chicago to learn that I am driving to Virginia for the weekend. We will be at my father-in-law's place. It's likely that I will be sporadically checking and maybe posting a little to the forums during this time, but the Internet connectivity at his house is crappy at best. I am sorry to do this to you guys again -- in the meantime, feel free to RP, etc. Please hang in there!

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by moorcrys »

I'm on vacation in the Keys this coming week through Tuesday, January 22nd. I will check in, but it will be sporadic.

Cheers.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by mithrandir138 »

moorcrys wrote:I'm on vacation in the Keys this coming week through Tuesday, January 22nd. I will check in, but it will be sporadic.

Cheers.
Awesome! I am jealous! :) How would you like Embiri handled while you are gone? (Scouting ahead? Back to town? Ran by me? Whatever you can think of?)

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by moorcrys »

You're welcome to NPC him for me if I'm needed for something and not responding. But hopefully I'll be around.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by mithrandir138 »

I will be on the road this weekend, and I apologize for not getting us farther this week. It's been one of those weeks.

I hope to be able to post an update Sunday night.

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by moorcrys »

Hey guys,

I think I have the flu. At the clinic now. Ill try to post regardless but if I'm mia for a day or two move on without me.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by mithrandir138 »

moorcrys wrote:Hey guys,

I think I have the flu. At the clinic now. Ill try to post regardless but if I'm mia for a day or two move on without me.
Get well soon, man. You want me to run your character or just have him hang back/go on full defense?

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by moorcrys »

Hey,

I'm not back to work yet but feeling well enough to do things besides grunt and sleep. Embiri will keep focusing on the illusion until it becomes useless or dangerous for him to do so, then he'll fall back.

Cheers.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by mithrandir138 »

moorcrys wrote:Hey,

I'm not back to work yet but feeling well enough to do things besides grunt and sleep. Embiri will keep focusing on the illusion until it becomes useless or dangerous for him to do so, then he'll fall back.

Cheers.
Roger that. Get well.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#17 Post by jdluna »

The storm that came through yesterday snapped our power pole like a twig. I don't have any power or internet at the house and I can't really post a lot from work. I'm hoping they have a new pole up by the end of the weekend. I'll post when I can until we get everything back up. If you need to NPC me, you have my blessing.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by mithrandir138 »

Can't post tonight, will endeavor to post in the early morning (7-9 AM Eastern/US)

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Blazeguard »

I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning and will be gone until Wednesday. I'll have my phone with me but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post. If I'm holding anything up just NPC me however you see fit.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by mithrandir138 »

Don't worry about the lack of posting, life and other shit is in the way. This game is still my priority even though I have posted in my other games before this one :) Stay tuned. I am working on some stuff for the next post and it isn't finished.

Return to “C&C - A0: The Rising Knight”