OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #31 "Jungle Beaver"

#341 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Danger Zone
Moonday, 22nd of Goodmonth
Mid Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Humid, Buggy

The group pauses after Lerrick's announcement, looking around for any clues as to what might cause such a vibration.

Other than the disturbed sand, there is nothing out of order that they can see. But when Alordan tosses a rock into the center of the disturbance, a thick line of sand suddenly shifts and undulates for a moment before settling down again. The hypothesis that there are tentacles that stretch from the waters edge buried under the disturbance seems quite likely after witnessing this discovery.

Actions?

Gramble 17/24
Alordan 19/22
Andronichishche 10/11 0/4 1st / CL, DM, RM 0/2 1st
Lerrick 17/20 3/5 1st 2/4 2nd
Maag 14/17
Tlachtga 16/16 1/4 1st 0/3 2nd

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"We know its there, I still think its better to return to town and deal with this later."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#343 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

It was good that we bypassed this area as it is clear the beast would have attacked regardless of time, day or night.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag looks at the patch of sand that was moving, then turns his attention to the trees at the edge of the sand.

"We can drop a tree on it. Dat will give it sumfin' to fink about".

"Now den, I left a trap down dis way somewhere. Let's go an' see wot we got'.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche warily steps onto the beach trail again. "I agree with Miss Tlacthga. It will be dusk soon." He follows Maag's lead to check the trap.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by wolfpack »

we should set it on fire

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#347 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Danger Zone

Gramble suggests a big fire.

Maag suggests dropping a tree on it.

Alordan says nothing.

With little action behind these words, Andron, Tlachtga, and Lerrick suggest they simply leave this area alone for now.

With only a few more hours of daylight left, they decide to move along, their urban half-orc wishing to check the snares he set out earlier.

At each marked spot where he left his jungle traps, he finds the same thing. All of the bamboo poles have been either taken or snapped in half and left to lay, while none of the wire or vines he left behind is still present. Each snare has apparently been dismantled or destroyed by someone or something.

Actions?

Gramble 17/24
Alordan 19/22
Maag 14/17

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Sorry to see that Maag. We best get back before dark."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan continues also still quiet in his distracted thoughts. Obelisks? Something more complicated going on? That'll be the death of us yet, i would wager!

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag contemplates another broken snare. *Wot is goin' on 'ere den? I was finkin' dat if dey caught sumfin', it would just get ate by sumfin' else. But it was worth a shot".

"But wot broke all der snares?"
After a few moments he snaps his fingers. "It's dem bleedin' kobolds innit?"

"Dey 'ave got a good kickin' comin' to dem for dis".

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan examines the traps and then looks up into the trees. "Those monkey creatures perhaps?"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche points to a broken bamboo pole, then back towards where the sea monster lay in wait. "I think it safe to assume that whatever disabled Maag's traps also fell victim to the buried tentacles." He looks up into the tree canopy edging the beach. "I don't believe this is phanaton territory, so it is almost certainly the kobolds. They have also trespassed on Mr. Liam's farmstead just outside town. It would seem they are expanding their scavenging range. The question is, why now?"

He retrieves his map of the island with the suspected positions of the obelisks lightly traced in pencil. He points to the structure at the south rim of the described circle that connects the nearest two obelisks to Beachtown. "This is the ruined temple of Pelor where the first obelisk was activated. Whether that event has any relation to the kobolds is unknown."

Andron then refers to the square symbols on the west, north, and east rims of the circle. "What we do know is they are aggressively exploring, almost fearlessly given their losses on the island. We need to find those other structures. They hold the secret of the obelisks and we cannot allow the kobolds to remove any artifacts within."

With an unusual determination, Andronichishche thrusts the map into his pack and sets off again along the trail to town at a brisk pace.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan counts the plans they have all been talking about the past few days and runs out of fingers. "Hunt some badgers, now kill some dead pirate ghouls, the tentacle thing back there, some killer trees, still need to eat and find water, and now some obelisks and marauding kobolds - what are you suggesting we do next?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#354 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Please don't let this conclusion post stop you from the great RP on deciding what to do next.

The After Party

The group returns to town without further incident as the afternoon wanes. They find no nasty dwarves or undead monsters to deal with, and not much seems to have changed while they were away.

Though they do have other options to tackle if they prefer, Andron seems almost obsessed with the idea of searching for more answers about these obelisks that he keeps hearing about. From stories he has heard around town, he is sure that they will need to visit the ruined temple to the north eventually. There he should be able to figure out what their smoky grey stone sphere is and how it needs to be used. Looking over his map and notes regularly, the priest of Rao is determined that these secrets are far more important to his desire to learn more about this place. Hunting sea monsters or water ghouls might seem slightly more exciting, but the young half-elf is certain that their Fellowship was destined for bigger and better things here.

Maag and Gramble keep looking towards the Treehouse, their future plans seemingly a bit less long term.

Actions?

You guys know the routine in town by now, so I will keep this thread open for you to discuss the immediate and future plans of the group while I write up your measly XP reward. :biggrin:

Gramble 17/24
Alordan 19/22
Maag 14/17

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche appears hesitant to answer the ranger's question. His posture and demeanor suggests a mixture of embarassment and uncertainty. "I admit there are issues of immediate importance to the town ...", he begins. "The ghouls, the sea monster, the kobolds, plus whatever else has cropped up today in our absence. I don't know how, or why, but the obelisks seem to be calling out. It's like a soft whisper behind my ear, yet I don't understand what they're saying."

He stops walking and pensively gazes north through the jungle at some unseen object. "Based on the wizard's letters to the medusa, those obelisks must be part of his ultimate creation. We already know what he was capable of after our visit to the island. The power of the obelisks will certainly attract the attention of those searching for such power, including those who would have absolutely no hesitation about destroying Beachtown if it serves their objectives."

When the Fellowship arrives back in town, Andron begins to veer towards his rented hut. He pauses before leaving the others. "I will need a few days in town to complete mending Sir Crestbrook's statue and finish identifying the magic items we obtained from the island. Hopefully, the powder mixed with the faerie tear solution will restore him to life. I should know more tomorrow."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by wolfpack »

I need a couple of days to heal, I intend to do that by eating lots of beaver meat and getting good and drunk. After that wherever the fellowship decides to go I will be with you.

I assume the Stronghold of the Silver Circle will be setup in the same place as before? i should make it back sometime tonight.

gramble heads down to the beach to wash off stink, and blood, and dirt before beginning the festivities.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga joins up with Gramble at the beach to clean up, then heads to the Stronghold to eat, meditate and pray.

"I need some time and rest as well."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#358 Post by OGRE MAGE »

interlude:

At some point in time, Alordan tries to set up the cabin again as a base for the Fellowship to rest inside while in town.

To his utter shock, the command word does not activate the cube and the cabin does not appear. :? :shock:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

When they arrive back in town, Maag points those carrying the beaver meat toward the Treehouse.

"Right den, let's get dis stuff over der. I 'ave made a deal wiv Randall. Don't worry! Don't worry! You will like it. A lot. You 'ave my word. My word as....well...you will like it. Trust me." He grins and places his hand on his chest.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#360 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

Before the party moves to various places in town the cleric uses her remaining healing powers to
cure Maag and Gramble. Once finished she asks Andron if he could use any help with the tasks he has set forth to do.

CLW(1) (Maag), CLW(2) (Gramble), CLW(3) (Gramble) = [1d8] = 4 [1d8] = 1 [1d8] = 5

Maag heals for 4 hp
Gramble heals for 6 hp

Return to “Completed Missions”