House Rules

The_Wanderer
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

House Rules

#1 Post by The_Wanderer »

My expectation is there will be limited house rules in this game. What we do have will be detailed out here.

Character Creation
-When rolling up your character attributes, if you roll 3 scores under 9, feel free to reroll.

Systems
-Initiative - I will roll initiative at the start of combat for all players individually and enemies as a group.
-Ranged Weapon Ammo Tracking - When you have access to "civilization" or even your ship, you are assumed to be able to repurchase/replace any ammo that you have used. This does not apply to consummable items like grenades and flares.
-Make a Snap Attack Instant Action - Technically possible in PbP but will require you to clearly communicate that you are doing this out of turn.
-XP and Character Advancement - The XP System isn't perfect for PbP so I will be coming up with a separate system (below) for XP earned for accomplishing goals.

Equipment and Vehicles
-Availability of equipment is dependent on 3 factors: TL level of the equipment vs the planet; if the equipment in question is military in nature...and how the local government views arms dealers; other planetary factors that are in the background.
-Equipment that is not readily available will require a connect check starting at 8 and increasing with difficulty which can be re-attempted weekly to find an arms dealer. Up to 1 other character can aid you.

Starships
-Space Combat - The system in place should be ok for PbP but honestly we will have to review this when we get to Space Combat. Also if we have a large crew, more roles may be added to give everybody more to do.
Last edited by The_Wanderer on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: House Rules

#2 Post by The_Wanderer »

XP System
XP is earned by accomplishing goals as a group. Goals are declared, I will rate them as a major goal or a minor goal, and then XP is rewarded when they are accomplished. All party members gain XP together. You will progress along the same XP track as shown in the rulebook. Everything below is subject to change as we get into the game.

Major Goals: 10 XP: These are significant accomplishments taking significant amounts of in game time. Regardless of the scale of the game, the course of your game will be impacted by accomplishing these goals.
Example: You have permanently thwarted a major power's attempt to take over a sector.

Minor Goals: 3 XP: Yes it is an accomplishment but maybe it's not first the thing you will remember about the campaign.
Example: You manage to smuggle high tech weaponry past a blockade.

Accomplishments: 1 XP: These are doled out by me as stepping stones on the way to the goals that are defined.
Example: You are trying to secure a trade deal with a major faction and you have gained access to the trade minister.

How do you declare a goal? Goals can be declared by anybody in the Goals thread (point them out to me if it looks like I missed them) and, perhaps after some negotiation on what you are trying to accomplish I will add them to the correct level (Major or Minor).

Does the entire party have to agree on a goal? No, anybody can declare one but realistically the entire party benefits from accomplishing one and probably has to be at least somewhat unified in working towards it.

What happens if we change our mind or learn something new and have to change the goal? No problem! We'll do that on the fly. You can't be penalized if the situation changes unexpectedly.

Return to “Sigma Chronos (SWN:Revised)”