OOC Thread

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Thread

#61 Post by Blazeguard »

Just to clarify, not only was I enumerating choices but I also listed them in order of preference. So my preference would be to stay and try to catch the spies but if the majority didn't want to then my next choice would be to leave as soon as possible.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Mondego »

Sounds like people want to stay and try to catch the spies. Let's do that so we can continue the story.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by mithrandir138 »

Here's what I have for votes and where everyone is and what they are doing....

Forgive the sloppiness of the paste below, I hate it when variable width fonts screw up formatting (this looked good and lined up with a fixed width font in my text editor)

Code: Select all

PLAYER			VOTE			   		STATUS
Blazeguard		Vote: stay in town 		eating at the tavern
moorcrys		Vote: stay in town 		explored town a bit - will be relaying the plans to Eryl
jdluna			Vote: get moving   		joined the group at the tavern
Mondego			Vote: stay in town 		bought a rope - joined the group at the tavern
NJWilliam		Vote: get moving   		bought a rope
max_vale		Vote: get moving   		eating at tavern
Dogma			BRONCHITIS		   		Making friends at the tavern
Vargr1105		(abstain?) 		   		Eating at the tavern while we figure it out :)
So it seems like technically we have a tie, but it looks like people that were wanting to leave now seem to be changing to staying, and no one currently seems to be objecting. SO.... I will just assume that the party will be staying the night and setting out fresh in the morning. I will give you a little bit of time today to correct the votes above if I got something wrong, or to cast a vote if you haven't already. I intend on posting later this afternoon to get us moving.

If you have any suggestions on how to avoid deadlocked situations like this in the future, please share (throw it in the suggestion box so I can keep track). I don't want us to get all jammed up like this so I will probably start giving clearer options or railroading a little for the next little bit until we can get in the flow (I wanted to avoid that, but I think it's probably necessary until we work out the kinks.)

I will need a couple of rolls from a few of you, I will request them in the RP thread -- just roll them in the thread.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#64 Post by jdluna »

Change mine to catch a spy. I wanted to go and kill some raiders but then I realized I am a level one magic user. I shouldn't write checks my butt can't cash.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by mithrandir138 »

Ok -- so we have a "stay in town" majority. I was going to do some exposition and hand waving and make it the next morning, but if you guys want to try to stay up over night and try to catch the spy I need to know the strategy. I am absolutely cool with you doing that but you will eventually have to do some CON saves or suffer some fatigue because you have been travelling all day and you haven't had a night's rest. Here are the penalties for fatigued and exhausted (source: http://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs ... panion.pdf )

Fatigued
A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued. The only exception to this is in the case of diseases that cause fatigue. In such cases, diseased characters generally remain fatigued until the disease is treated or cured.

Exhausted
An exhausted character moves at half speed and takes a -4 penalty to Strength and Dexterity, and must make a Constitution check at the end of each round in which any sort of strenuous activity occurs, with a cumulative penalty of -1 per consecutive round of strenuous activity. Failure means the character passes out. After 1 hour of complete rest, an exhausted character becomes fatigued. A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Blazeguard »

I would suggest maybe taking shifts or are we all going to stay up and blanket all the exits?

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#67 Post by jdluna »

I don't see how first level characters can take those kind of penaltys. I vote we gets some rest.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by mithrandir138 »

jdluna wrote:I don't see how first level characters can take those kind of penaltys.
Just so you know, I am really not trying to be hard-nosed or trying to lead you in one direction or the other -- I am just trying to add some realism, because you guys did travel all day to make it to Malforten. :)

There are some CON-prime characters in the group, and you only take the penalties if you fail a CON saving throw.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by max_vale »

Sorry I've been away from the computer for a few days....holliday/family stuff. Anyway; I'm cool with sticking around to try and catch the spy and I too vote for renting a room(s) and taking shifts.

Happy New Year peoples! :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#70 Post by Dogma »

I'm all for staying the night in town. I'm not sure how we would catch the spy...there isn't enough of us to blanket the whole town to see who leaves. particularly is we sleep in shifts.

Are we going to head to Craggy Ridge? Should we tell people that we are going to head a different way (at bit subterfuge) to mislead the spy and the bandits?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by max_vale »

That was pretty much what I was thinking of as well.....

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by mithrandir138 »

Alright -- let the hand waving and exposition commence! :) It will be the next morning on the next post....

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by Mondego »

mithrandir138 wrote:Alright -- let the hand waving and exposition commence! :) It will be the next morning on the next post....
Thank you.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by mithrandir138 »

Been a busy couple of days -- I expect to post later tonight or early tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by Dogma »

In response to the question regarding rolling skill checks...a say do whatever keeps the game rolling smoothly.

In the case with Tomas and the info check, I would have been fine with you making the roll as it would have kept he narrative rolling smoothly.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the late reply; I've been sick as a dog the past few days. If ever the story is getting tense and action filled and I am not responding; please don't hesitate to take any logical actions for my character. Sorry again!

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#78 Post by jdluna »

max_vale wrote:Sorry for the late reply; I've been sick as a dog the past few days. If ever the story is getting tense and action filled and I am not responding; please don't hesitate to take any logical actions for my character. Sorry again!
Yea , the flu has had my whole house out of commision for the last week. Pretty wicked stuff going around, haven't been this sick since I was a child.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by NJWilliam »

Sorry I was unexpectedly caught up in a number of things the past week.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by mithrandir138 »

OK, it looks like we are going to head to the top of the ridge, as it is a good vantage point to find a place to cross the river. Meanwhile, you will also be tracking one of the grave robbers because one of them seems to have gone this direction during the panic. I will post details as soon as I know if you are taking the bones with you, as Tomas is suggesting.

What say ye? Are you bringing the bones of the dead fey along for the ride? (Let's try to decide this quickly so I can get us moving for the weekend)

Return to “C&C - A0: The Rising Knight”