Character Creation

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Character Creation

#1 Post by Eris »

As you're working up your characters, please, post them in here for evaluation.

Here is a link to the Castles & Crusades Quick Start pdf. It's a free download we can use to get everyone started.
  1. Roll 3d6 six times edit: let's do 4d6 drop lowest
  2. Assign the rolls to the six Attributes
    • Strength
    • Dexterity
    • Constitution
    • Intelligence
    • Wisdom
    • Charisma
  3. Note the Attribute Modifiers (this is what you really use)
  4. Choose a Race from: Human, Dwarf, Elf, or Halfling (note special abilities/mods)
  5. Choose a Class from: Fighter, Cleric, Wizard (or Magic-user), or Rogue (or Thief) (note special abilities/mods)
  6. Choose your PRIME ATTRIBUTES
    Humans pick two, everyone else picks one.
    Everyone gets one more for their Class.
  7. Finish up with Alignment, Starting Coin, Weapons, Armor and Equipment.
The way I use Prime Attributes will be different from the C&C rules, but I'll explain that in a different post.

OOC: It's late! I'll post a sample character tomorrow.
Last edited by Eris on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Frank Sample - The Sample Character

#2 Post by Eris »

===================================
Ok, here's a sample... I used the Character Sheet on the Dice Roller site to display my Sample PC. You don't have to, but it is nice to use it once your PC is finished. There will be a topic called Rogue's Gallery where finished PC's can be published.
I think I'll try for a Fighter with Frank...Frank the Fighter. :) I'll go human because I want that 3rd Prime Attribute, too!

Roll for Attributes: Stats: STR:15, DEX:16, CON:17, INT:13, WIS:5, CHR:12
I rolled them with the dice roller and moved a couple around.

The Modifiers: (House Rule: Prime Attributes get +5 on rolls using that Attribute)
Str 15 +1 Prime+5 (Frank is a Fighter & Str is prime for fighters)
Dex 16 +2 Prime+5 (I want Frank to be good with a bow and Dex is used for ranged weapons)
Con 17 +2
Int 13 +1
Wis 5 -2 Prime+5 (I hate negative mods!)
Chr 12 0
So, my Attributes with primes added are:
AttributeNumberModifier
Str15+6
Dex17+7
Con17+2
Int13+1
Wis5+3
Chr120
Abilities: Frank will specialize with Long Bow, +1 Bonus to hit and +1 damage

Language: Common (and 1 more)
Movement: 30 feet
Alignment: lawful good (he's a goody two-shoes)
HD ( [1d10] = 1 (Poor Frank! But everybody gets full points for their first HD): 10
AC: 14 (10 + 3 Ring Mail + 1 Shield)
Base to Hit: 1 melee/ranged, 2 Long Bow
XP: 0/2001
Coin: [3d8x10] = 16x10 = 160 gold (Lucky Frank!)

Equipment:
Long Bow -75
Arrows (20) -2
Ring Mail -40
Shield -3
Back Pack -2
Boots, Heavy -1
Bedroll -0.1
Blanket -0.5
Rough Clothing -1
Cloak -0.5
Razor - 0.5
(160-125.6) = 34 gp, 4 sp

...and I think Frank is done! Except for backstory, and I want add that for a sample character.
Last edited by Eris on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Character Creation

#3 Post by Darithe »

I'm kinda weird, I work on the backstory first before I do the number crunching. So the character sheet will need to wait another day. Here is Magdal Haldeene's backstory. Oh and I use music to inspire me when I write, so here's the link to her tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siOCiRbQHTo

“Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.” ~ Victor Hugo

She watched the birds overhead as they flew northward and a slight smile played across her lips. She was still a caged bird...at least for now. But that would soon change. She entered the stables and began her daily work.

"I am a bastard," she said to the brown roan, "there is no denying that fact," shaking her mass of red hair as if to punctuate her words. She continued mucking the stable next to the roan, "One need only look at my many sisters and brother to know that. I'm a single stain of red amongst a sea of dark brown hair," the roan had no comment other than to snort and eat the hay she had given it. "Me da was a rover and rambler and he planted those seeds in my heart too I think, just as he planted his seed in my mother to make me his get. Now my brother and sisters' pa passed before I was born so don't be thinking Mr. Roan, that my blessed mother is loose of morals. After all, she works all day in that inn she and her husband had, and she took the brunt of the work after her mister passed. Who can blame her for seeking a little relief and comfort with a strange handsome young ranger who was passing through. And nine months later, here I come, another mouth to feed and another chore for her and her brood to take care of."

She went to get another hay bale before returning to check the water trough of the roan, noting that it was near empty, "Now I swear you drink near as much as those men who stay at the inn. Let me go fetch you some more," she turned back to the roan, "You're better company then most of those men anyhow and at least you don't spend your time chasing every maid that wets your whistle. That's why I work out here and not inside."

She went outside and filled a pail returning with some water, pouring it in the trough, "Sad to say though this is my last day and you'll have to make due with me brother or sisters taking care of you in the future." She looked at the horse's big brown eyes, "No need to be sad. Tis a good thing I'm leaving. There's too many mouths here to feed and now that I'm of age, it is high time I found my own future and perhaps a bit of my past." She pats his nose, "See my da used to pass through here fairly regular to check on me and teach me his ways and the ways of the land. I may be fair to look upon, but I've a fair mind too, though few enough men take the time to learn that. I took to his ways right quick but then a year or so back, he stopped coming. Now I mean to find his fate and write my own. No more mucking stables or taking care of unappreciative roans in my future." She smiled and kissed his nose, "I can't stay here anymore, this bird must fly."

She left the stables gathering the things she'd packed and started walking north. She paused at the edge of town looking back, she was no good at goodbyes, best not to say them, the note she left for her mother said all she could bear. She noticed some feathers lying at the side of the road and picked them up. As she walked she braided them into her hair. Soon the town was behind her.

~ Darithe

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by bobk2323 »

I really like Darithe's general approach, so I think I'm going to start with my character's backstory first too:

The very tall, pale and dark-haired human woman sits and stares at her interviewer for a while, as if expecting to be asked a question that never comes. Finally, she says in a neutral and flat tone of voice, "Hi. I'm Callista." (long pause) "I have a last name, but I don't use it very often. People mispronounce it a lot. Or misspell it."

A few more seconds pass.

With a bit of prompting, she continues. "My mom and dad were explorers before I was born. They were pretty good at it. Probably. One day, before my mom knew that she was actually pregnant with me, their team ran into a lot of nasty, dark things. Most of them got killed. Mom and dad made it. Barely. But the experience changed them. And changed me too. Maybe." She slowly blinks twice. "I don't remember anything about it. Babies are asleep before they're born. I think."

"After I was born, I was different than other people. I don't really know if I was always supposed to be that way, or if it was from what happened to my Mom. And I act differently too. (pause) It's normal for me though. Since I've always been this way." Then she frowns a little, her unusual, violet eyes glazing over for a moment as her odd mind suddenly switches gears. "It's always been hard for me to find people to date me. Because I'm so different." (pause) "Upsetting."

Callista sits silently and neutrally then, pausing long enough from cause her interviewer to become vaguely uncomfortable. Finally, she decides to go back to telling her story. "Ever since I was a little girl, I've had strange dreams. About weather-things. Stormy things. Windy things." (stares in the general direction of the interviewer for a few seconds) "I didn't understand at first. Probably because I was too little. But eventually, I understood. My goddess was calling to me. So I answered. It made sense."

"Anyway, I travel a lot. It seems to be what my Lady wants me to do. I hate being bored. So seeing new things and experiencing new things and meeting new people make me happy. People I meet are usually friendly to me, although I don't really understand why. It's nice. It makes me want to cook tasty food for them."

(long pause)"The Homeland is boring. So I came to Antioch." (blink blink) "Because it isn't."
--
Bob K.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#5 Post by bobk2323 »

Callista's Character Sheet

Full Name: Callista Faelandaerl
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Level: 1
XP: 30
Raw Attribute Rolls (made in roll20.net): 15-11-10-11-14-10
Actual Attributes: STR:11,DEX:10,CON:11,INT:10,WIS:15,CHA:14
Attributes and Modifiers
STR: 11 (+0)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 11 (+5, Callista is unusually healthy and tough)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 15 (+6 WIS is prime for Clerics)
CHA: 14 (+6 Callista is physically striking, and has a strange personal magnetism that she doesn't really understand)
Alignment: CN (Callista does indeed have a moral compass, but it's a personal one that is sometimes quite different than society's as a whole.)
AC: 20 (?)
HP: 20
Money: 6 gp, 9 sp, 6 cp
Hair: Black, straight with a lot of volume, calf-length
Eyes: Violet
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Armor: Scale Mail (+4), Large Shield (+2), Chainmail Coif (+4)
Clothing: Cloak, Traveler's Clothes, Soft Boots
Weapons: Morningstar, 2 Javelins (storm goddess weapon)
Equipment: Backpack, Soap, Bedroll, Blanket, Wineskin, Holy Symbol (Wooden), Hemp Rope, 50', 7 days rations
Spells Usually Prepared: Endure Elements, Light, Bless, Cure Light Wounds

--
Bob K.
Last edited by bobk2323 on Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
--
Bob K.

scott.d.vale
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by scott.d.vale »

Just to get started, will need to return to this to finish when more time
(EDIT) remembered that as dwarf I would only have two prime atts, so changing to human:

Zren
Human
Fighter / Level 1
XP: 0 / 2001

Att No Mod
Str 11, 0/+5
Dex 11, 0/+5
Con 15, +1/+5
Int 10, 0
Wis 13, +1
Chr 13, +1
Abilities
Weapon specialization

Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common

HP: 11
AC:
Base to Hit: +6

Starting GP: 190
Equipment:
Last edited by scott.d.vale on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Eris »

scott.d.vale wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:18 pm Just to get started, will need to return to this to finish when more time:

Grimgrin
Dwarf
Fighter / Level 1
XP: 0 / 2001

Att No Mod (* = prime att)
Str* 11 +5
Dex 10 0 [-1 to raw Dex per racial adjustment]
Con* 16 +7 [+1 to raw Con per racial adjustment]
Int 10 0
Wis* 13 +6
Chr 13 +1
Abilities
Dwarf abilities
Weapon specialization

Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblinoid, Halfling, Elven, Ogrish, Giant, Troll
Movement: 20 feet

HP: 17 (QUESTION: is this right, does con give the +5 to HD? or should I have this as 12?)
AC:
Base to Hit:

Starting GP: 190
Equipment:
1. The HP would be 10. The +5 bonus is for Ability and Save rolls and Fighters roll a d10. I am missing d12 for Fighter's HD somewhere:

2. The BtH is +1 (1+5=6 for melee, +1 for ranged).

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

scott.d.vale
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by scott.d.vale »

Eris wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 pm 1. The HP would be 10. The +5 bonus is for Ability and Save rolls and Fighters roll a d10. I am missing d12 for Fighter's HD somewhere:

Eris
Thanks for the clarification on the +5 for CON as a prime attribute. I figured it would otherwise be 12 because d10 + high con bonus. the quick start rules did mention the usual CON "modifier affects hit points." Just explaining where I got the 12 from, not saying how to run it. :-)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Eris »

scott.d.vale wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:22 pm
Eris wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 pm 1. The HP would be 10. The +5 bonus is for Ability and Save rolls and Fighters roll a d10. I am missing d12 for Fighter's HD somewhere:

Eris
Thanks for the clarification on the +5 for CON as a prime attribute. I figured it would otherwise be 12 because d10 + high con bonus. the quick start rules did mention the usual CON "modifier affects hit points." Just explaining where I got the 12 from, not saying how to run it. :-)
No, no, problem speaking up. I actually missed the Con mod adds to HP in the rules! Of course, it would!

Yes, then, it would be 12, not 10.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Darithe »

Good eve all...

Here's the detail on my character. I'm sure I've made errors somewhere so please just adjust as needed. Hey I'm easy (but don't tell anyone). :)

Magdal Haldeene
Human Ranger
AL: Chaotic Good
Primary Scores:
St - 12, Dx - 15, Ws - 15
Secondary:
Cn - 9, In - 9, Ch - 11
Hit Points - 12
Hair: Red, worn long to mid-back, several braids, feathers in her hair
Eyes: Light Green
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110
Armor: Leather, Medium Wooden Shield (she has painted a white bird in flight on the front)
Clothing: Cloak, Tunic, Trousers, Leather Gloves, Heavy Boots
Weapons: Longsword, Short Bow, Hand Axe, Dagger
Equipment: 20 arrows with Quiver, Backpack, Hooded Lantern with 2 flasks of Oil, Mirror, Soap, Sewing Needle, Bedroll, Bandages, Flint & Steel, Whetstone, Flask of Water
Coin: 9 gold, 7 silver

Goals:
1) Find out what happened to her father the ranger Tyrus Haldeene.
2) Send some coin back to mother.
3) Be a real adventurer like her da.

I think that's all...Dances off into the moonlight....
~ Darithe
Last edited by Darithe on Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by ateno »

Darian has always been a bit of a old soul. He understood the benefit of listening to his elders. Now if they
would not treat him as a 6 y/o, he honestly had serious questions.
Being somewhat on the edge of cliques in town and not fitting in, he looked for other outlets.
He spent 3 years with the clerics, taking fast to reading and writing and a thought out
response to everything they were sure they had a recruit for their staff. Well when on a errand for
the church he went into a library and found there were books on other things besides liturgy.
He go a job as a errand boy for the library and part of his payment was being able to
read books. Soon he ran into a elven wizardess, La-Shara who took him on as a apprentice.

He left the islands because he was looking for more interesting books, several dozen copies of now
non existent texts accompanied people on their ancient travels to the colonies. That is what he will say if asked.

Kazan his his dog, hes not a trained guard or attack dog, but will stay with me and protect me.
He is not a trained tracking dog, but he can scent with the best of his breed,
He is not a herding dog, but he knows his pack.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ateno »

Darian - Human - Wizard

s 11
d 13 +1 Prime +6 (fast mover, quick with hands)
c 10
i 16 +2 Prime +7 (wizard)
w 12
c 10 Prime +5 (can talk and discuss with anyone, animals like him)

Hit points - 4

Bonus to hit +0

Coins
1 G
4 S
8 C

Spells
Zero Level
Dancing Lights
Detect Magic
Mage Hand
Mending

First level
Identify
Sleep
Spider Climb

Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Canteen
Mug with Family crest
Shovel
Hemp Rope
Razor
Robe
Scroll Case
8 Bandages

Belt
2 daggers
Spell Component pouch
Small belt pouch
Flint Steel
2 bags marbles

Kazan - Dog
Spiked Collar
Saddle Bags (for his food)

Dalmatic with fancy embroidery
Soft Boots
Staff

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by NJWilliam »

Seeing that group of characters, I believe I’ll be putting together a thief, or um, rogue.

Name:
Race: Human
Class: Thief Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity:
Place of Origin:

STR 11 0
DEX 17 PRIME +7
CON 13 +1
INT 13 PRIME +6
WIS 8 PRIME +4
CHA 9 0

AC: 17
HP: 7

Base to Hit
Melee: 0
Ranged: +2

Starting Coin: 110 Clothing: soft boots, trousers, tunic, vest, belt, leather gloves, cap (is there ev for basic worn clothing?)

Weapons: light hammer (2 lbs) ev 2, knife (1 lb) ev 1, whip (2 lbs) ev 2, sling (0 lb) ev 1

backpack (2 lbs) ev 2 cap 8
waterskin (4 lbs) (ev 3)
50 ft silk rope (5 lbs) (ev 2)
torch (1 lb) (ev 1)
5 pitons/spikes (2nlbs) (ev 1)
50 iron nails (1 lb) (ev 1)
small steel mirror (.5 lb) (ev 1)
1 week rations (7 lbs) (ev 4)
set of winter clothing (6 lbs) (ev 4)
large beltpouch (1 lb) ev 1 cap 2
rogues tools (1 lb) (ev 1)
chalk (.5 lb) (ev 1) apparently a very large piece of chalk
razor (0 lb) (ev 1)
small beltpouch (.5 lb) ev * cap 1
flint & steel (.5 lb) (ev *)
bandages (.5 lb) (ev *)
ink (.1 lb) (ev *)
empty vial (.1 lb) (ev *)
whistle (0 lb) (ev *)
spent (so far): 73 gold, 56 silver, 2 copper
Last edited by NJWilliam on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by joertexas »

Eodrien - Human Female Fighter

Roll(4d6)+0: 3,1,4,1,+0 Total:9-1 = 8
Roll(4d6)+0: 2,6,3,2,+0 Total:13-2 = 11
Roll(4d6)+0: 5,6,5,2,+0 Total:18-2 = 16
Roll(4d6)+0: 2,4,1,4,+0 Total:11-1 = 10
Roll(4d6)+0: 5,3,2,6,+0 Total:16-2 = 14
Roll(4d6)+0: 5,2,1,4,+0 Total:12-2 = 10

Attributes:
Strength – 16 (+7 Prime)
Dexterity – 14 (+6 Prime)
Constitution – 11(+5 Prime)
Intelligence - 10
Wisdom – 10
Charisma – 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish
Alignment: Chaotic Good
HD: 1d10 = 10(default - does the +5 Con attribute add to this?)
AC: 14 (10 + 4 Scale Mail)
Base to Hit: 1 melee/ranged, 2 Two-handed Axe
Specialization: Two-handed Axe
XP: 0/2001
Coin: Roll(3d8): 2,6,7 = 15x10 = 150 gold

Equipment:
Two-handed Axe – 20
Dagger - 2
Heavy Crossbow – 50
Small pouch x2 - 1
Bolts (20) - 2
Scale Mail - 50
Backpack - 2
Boots, Heavy -1
Bedroll - 0.1
Blanket - 0.5
Good Clothing - 7
Cloak - 0.5
Whetstone – .1
Tinderbox – 1
Personal kit - 2
Coin on hand: (150-138.21) = 11 gp, 7 sp 9 cp

Eodrien Portrait.jpg
Eodrien Portrait.jpg (272.38 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
Eodrien grew up in a village on the outskirts of one of the largest cities in the Homeland. She knew little of her parents, as she was orphaned at a young age. A gruff mercenary had taken her in when she was an beggar on the streets, after he'd seen her defend herself against a gang of ruffians. They'd slashed her face with a knife - and then she'd beaten two of them to death with a broken ax handle. The old man taught her to fight with proper weapons, while Eodrien listened to his tales of battles and wars fought over the years.

She heard stories of the Northern lands from the mercenary's friends, and so, when it was time for her to seek her own way, Eodrien bid her benefactor goodbye, and took a working passage on a ship headed to Ribble. As it turned out, the "working passage" included being a bed warmer for the ship's purser, or so the man thought. The ship's midnight watch was stunned to see a naked man being chased all over the ship's deck by a screaming Eodrien, dressed only in a torn shift and armed with a dagger. After the captain restored order, she commanded the purser to pay Eodrien what he'd promised, and, when they arrived in Ribble, she sacked him.

Eodrien used the funds to buy her armor, weapons, and other gear, and then she started north on the river boats.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Eris »

I like everyone's characters, so far. We've got a Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Ranger and Thief. I do notice we're heavy on female characters, it's a good thing Darren has Kazan to protect him. :)

As to when the Primary +5 is used, it's only when you're rolling an Ability Check or a Save. It isn't used for combat DM's either To Hit or Damage, nor is it used for Hit Points. Here's what's going on with it.

In straight C&C Primary and Secondary Attributes change whether the Target Number has a base of 12 (for Primary) or 18 (for Secondary) on Ability or Save rolls. That's okay, but personally, I prefer to have a Target Number that is fixed rather than variable.

So, my Base Target Number for Average Tasks is 15. If and easier task I might take off a point or two, if it is harder than average I'll add on points needed. As general rule it's going to be something like this:
TaskTarget Number
Very Easy-10
Easy10-14
Average14-16
Difficult17-20
Formidable20-25
Staggering25-30
Unbelievable30+
I'll decide how hard a task is, maybe I'll tell you about how hard it is and you'll Roll:
d20 + Mod (including Prime) + Class Level (if it's a Task your class normall does)

For example: Rhonda a Lvl 3 Rogue with +1 Dex (+5 Prime) attempts to open a lock. It's an Average lock (as it is a hair harder than average I decide it'll need 16+), but just say it appears to be an Average lock. Rhonda Rolls 8 adds +1 + 5 + 3 (for Class lvl) for 17. Which beats 16, so she succeeds. However, Frank the Fighter (also Lvl 3) with a +1 Dex (and +5 Prime, too) can't add his Class Lvl, so 8 +1 +5 gives 14 and he can't open that lock!

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Darithe »

"...Heavy on females..."

What's wrong with that? A sisterhood of the swords. Though it does seriously limit my flirting options. Hmm, Magdal does like smart men... ::sly grin::

~Darithe dancing off to work...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by joertexas »

Darithe wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:17 pm "...Heavy on females..."

What's wrong with that? A sisterhood of the swords. Though it does seriously limit my flirting options. Hmm, Magdal does like smart men... ::sly grin::

~Darithe dancing off to work...
As you all can see, I like to make illustrations with my characters, and I much prefer to stare at a female form for hours while I work - just saying... ;)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Darithe »

I think I finally found a portrait for Magdal.....
a0cf5b9d2f3944304412c62b760103aa.jpg
a0cf5b9d2f3944304412c62b760103aa.jpg (681.79 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
~Darithe dancing off into the moonlight....

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Eris »

Darithe wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 am I think I finally found a portrait for Magdal.....
a0cf5b9d2f3944304412c62b760103aa.jpg

~Darithe dancing off into the moonlight....
Cool!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Valerin bin Ammonous comes from the desert kingdom of Sarith onno Albawaa, which translated to common means, roughly 'Home of the Seven Brothers', so called for the legendary founders of the kingdom. It is a largely elven kingdom of a few cities and many small farms and nomadic herders in the midst of a huge desert, centered on the largest of a string of oases that forms an important trade route across the desert. The legend says that the seven brothers were, at the time nomads, raising their flocks of sheep and camels along the paltry network of oases and seasonal wadi's. They were camped at the site of of one when according to legend they wer awoken by the whole world wrenching itself nearly in two, when the shaking subsided a huge freshwater spring was gushing out of the oasis where they were camped. They founded their city Tir Awarabish and their kingdom there.

True or not, the city is large and sustained by plentiful springs throughout. The kingdom is ruled by seven Great Houses, each claiming descent from one of the legendary Seven Brothers. The city sits on a major, rich trade route and the Great Houses are powerful and wealthy....and sqabble like, well, brothers. Each supported by many Lesser Houses, and there has always been what Tir Awaribians call the 'flow of dunes', an ever shifting web of alliances, power struggles and scheming among the Great Houses for rule of the city; Valerin's family was on the losing side of one of the more recent ones, and lost most of their fortune and holdings.

Given a few hundred years and allying with the right people they'll be back in favor, but Valerin was adrift, embittered and young. He fell in with a small group of similarly down-on-their-luck young nobles, and they decided to get wealthy the old-fashioned way. By stealing it.

For a while they were successful, and lived lives of young excess, until the day they tried to, as the local saying goes, ride a camel too large for them. They set their eyes upon the jewelry collection of one of the Great House's viziers, and plotted to relieve him of the burden of that wealth. Unfortunately , someone talked a little too freely somewhere, and when they tried to stage the heist, they were surprised by King's Guards, and the House's arms men. This resulted in a running skirmish across the roofs and through the alleys of Tir Awarbish.

The ones who managed to escape scattered into the night and out of the city. Valerin never learned what happened to the rest of his comrades, but he managed to make his way out of the kingdom, to a port and thence on to a ship headed North.

Forgot to link my (now more complete) character sheet:

Last edited by bruce.desertrat on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”