OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

atpollard
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

#141 Post by Bluetongue »

Ok. I will check in again at the end of the month.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#142 Post by AsenRG »

I'm sorry to hear your wife is sick (although I opened the IC first)...either way, take care of RL!
I should be back at 1-10-2021.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Leitz »

Found out my job search needs a lot more attention than I've been giving it. That's a stressor, and the learning plan I had already started needs more hours in the day. :(

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#144 Post by AsenRG »

Leitz wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:05 pm Found out my job search needs a lot more attention than I've been giving it.
That's seldom good news :shock: !

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by shaidar »

Leitz wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:05 pm Found out my job search needs a lot more attention than I've been giving it. That's a stressor, and the learning plan I had already started needs more hours in the day. :(
:(

Hope you find something!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#146 Post by atpollard »

Reaching a new normal took far longer than I anticipated ... however, spread the word that I am back.

I will post IN CHARACTER soon, but note the new maps added to "MAPS" section.
The short version is that you will be approaching the coordinates and find a wooden structure atop a stone caisson rising above the waves.
Think about how you plan to enter. You have arrived only a few days ahead of the auction of some "very valuable slaves" to some "special customers".
Last edited by atpollard on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#147 Post by atpollard »

An unrelated post on an unrelated subject.

Please leave the 21st Century "politics" in the 21st Century. It grates against the "suspension of disbelief" for the 19th Century IN CHARACTER topics and I have never seen any good come from political discussions OOC. I will be forced to bore you all with my detailed plan to overthrow the US Government with a Constitutional Convention that restores the Divine Right Monarchy with Harry and Megan as King and Queen of North America ... [let's face it, NOBODY wants to hear about that!] ;)

nuff said.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Welcome Back!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by ffilz »

Three cheers for being back. I hope your wife is doing well and the medical crisis has resolved in a good way.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Urson »

Glad to see you're back. I'll add my 2 cents worth to the good wishes for your wife.
FA FO

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by shaidar »

Yes, glad you're back and I hope everything is good

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#152 Post by AsenRG »

Glad to see you're back, atpollard, hoping that's a good thing!
atpollard wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 pm I will be forced to bore you all with my detailed plan to overthrow the US Government with a Constitutional Convention that restores the Divine Right Monarchy with Harry and Megan as King and Queen of North America ... [let's face it, NOBODY wants to hear about that!] ;)
So basically, you want the future space society to have a clear Social stat :twisted: ?

I mean, I like Traveller a lot, too - but that's going above and beyond the call of duty :D !

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Urson »

I guess I missed something- Did someone make a "politcally-charged" post here? Or is this more of a prevention/damage control thing, based in some other game?
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#154 Post by atpollard »

Sorry about the delay.
The Wife started getting stronger just in time for me to get the flu.
Now we are both "hobbling along" on our own two feet.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by atpollard »

Urson wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 pm I guess I missed something- Did someone make a "politcally-charged" post here? Or is this more of a prevention/damage control thing, based in some other game?
Nothing significant ... just keeping it that way.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#156 Post by atpollard »

I am ready to post more of a description, but some of the details depend on which direction you approach from.
So as soon as the Dancer chooses a course, I can finish posting what you see from about 5 km away (near the horizon) compared to the 10 km view of the top an object over the horizon.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#157 Post by atpollard »

AsenRG wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:02 am "So where would the sun be in 3,5 or 5 more hours?", Remy inquired. "I'd say that after dawn, it's not like the sun would hide us, though monsieur Arthur should feel free to correct me.
I need to clarify something that ALL of the CHARACTERS would understand. The sun moves very slowly across the sky ... 20 days [24 hours each] from sunrise to sunset. So the sun will be AT the horizon ("sunrise") at the 12th hour of Day 17. At the 12th hour of Day 16 [Day 16, Shift 2, 4 Bells] the sun was about 2 fingers below the horizon. At the 12th hour on Day 18 [Day 18, Shift 2, 4 Bells] the sun will be about 2 fingers above the horizon.

It is now Day 16: Shift 2: 6 Bells, so arriving in 5 hours would make it Day 16: Shift 3: 3 Bells ... about 17 hours before sunrise.
The sky to the East is light and the sky to the West, North and South are all dark. Thus a ship would be a dark object against a bright Eastern sky or a dark object against a dark West, North or South sky until after sunrise (22 hours from now).

It really is your choice to arrive announced or by stealth.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#158 Post by AsenRG »

atpollard wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:31 pm
AsenRG wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:02 am "So where would the sun be in 3,5 or 5 more hours?", Remy inquired. "I'd say that after dawn, it's not like the sun would hide us, though monsieur Arthur should feel free to correct me.
I need to clarify something that ALL of the CHARACTERS would understand. The sun moves very slowly across the sky ... 20 days [24 hours each] from sunrise to sunset. So the sun will be AT the horizon ("sunrise") at the 12th hour of Day 17. At the 12th hour of Day 16 [Day 16, Shift 2, 4 Bells] the sun was about 2 fingers below the horizon. At the 12th hour on Day 18 [Day 18, Shift 2, 4 Bells] the sun will be about 2 fingers above the horizon.

It is now Day 16: Shift 2: 6 Bells, so arriving in 5 hours would make it Day 16: Shift 3: 3 Bells ... about 17 hours before sunrise.
The sky to the East is light and the sky to the West, North and South are all dark. Thus a ship would be a dark object against a bright Eastern sky or a dark object against a dark West, North or South sky until after sunrise (22 hours from now).

It really is your choice to arrive announced or by stealth.
OK, that's a setting detail that has escaped my memory, if I ever knew it.
Of course we're going to arrive unannounced. From the West would probably work best...though the South might also be an option.

Edited to add: I should have posted earlier (I blame Halloween :evil: ). Ah well, at least we could easily claim we have arrived in good faith to take part in the trade :cool: !

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Leitz »

Would anyone object if Diana came up with a plan? Her player is an invenerate planner. :)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by shaidar »

Not at all

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”