Re: OOC

#21 Post by soypunk »

Makes sense to me as well.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by tibbius »

I prefer that these kinds of discussion happen in-character unless you're telepathic. So in this instance, I'll take it that you had a quick exchange while the guards and maintenance workers watched in alarm... will post IC shortly.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#23 Post by soypunk »

Are we still in Initiative order?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by tibbius »

Yes.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#25 Post by soypunk »

While I won't complain the extra die tibbius, Tiny Frontiers page 73:
Shields: Basic force fields protect your ship from sand-and-gravel-sized space debris. Action: Test at Disadvantage. If you succeed, the next attack to hit your ship is negated. The shield dissipates after two rounds if it hasn’t taken a hit.

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#26 Post by soypunk »

I should note that I'm the last person who's going to rules lawyer this stuff.. if you say it is normal test for the rest of our game, that's a 1000% cool with me. No bothers either way.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by tibbius »

I was kinda back and forth about that. I can see how testing at Disadvantage is consistent with the Evade rule, but then again the Helm has Evade as an action they can take (where I'm also giving 2d6).

On further thought, though, I'm guessing that the Test at Disadvantage is to speed up combat because one part of the design philosophy in Tiny D6 is to minimize rolls that slow down the story.

So thanks for raising that question, and for both Shields and Evade we'll Test at Disadvantage.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by soypunk »

I’ve reread the last few posts and I think we are waiting on Rhisza to chime in with any actions they’d like to try?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by tibbius »

In the new chapter with the spaceship we've had 7 player posts in 9 days, which is not super slow but feels a little slower than the first chapter.

Does the ship handling present an excess of choices? I know when I'm a player and I have too many options, it feels like a lot of effort to figure out what to post - particularly when it's not clear which option is "best."

If that is a problem, it would be fine to spend some time roleplaying a discussion of wtf to do. The captain can chime in occasionally but don't trust her to have all the answers - she hasn't actually tried to escape pursuing patrol ships before.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

Oh - just fyi - in the big picture, whether you escape or get captured there still will be things happening that you can get involved in, just from different angles. So either way it's not gonna break the game.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#31 Post by soypunk »

Do we speak the same dialect as Gvny? Does anyone understand what they are saying - that's unclear to me from the setup material. Thanks!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by tibbius »

Gvny has its own strange accent ...

... roll [_2d6] to see if any of you figure it out, if you think you have a relevant Trait roll [_3d6]
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by tibbius »

Just checking in - it's been five days since anyone has posted IC ...

... wondering whether the "exciting" space ship chase is too complicated, too something, to hold interest.

Should I just cut-scene to (a) capture or (b) escape? If so, please give me a vote which outcome you prefer.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#34 Post by soypunk »

Well, I was waiting for Rhisza to chime in but I've been good with the space ship combat approach. If we end up cutting scene, then I guess let's make it dramatic and go for capture.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by NJWilliam »

I also thought we were waiting for another to post their actions.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by tibbius »

So it seems like 2/3 remain interested in the space chase, and the Helm is asleep at wheel ...

I'll ping ybn1197 to ask about post rate. This is play by post, and three players better than two, so we may need to accept a slow down in order to keep the game going.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by ybn1197 »

Sorry everyone for being away. For a little bit there I was suffering from Covid Burnout (amazingly a real thing for frontliners) and then I guess my resistance was done and I was out a good part of last week with a bad case of the seasonal cold. I am thankfully back and in better spirits. Hopefully I will have something posted this afternoon.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by tibbius »

As I said in the other thread, very glad you're feeling better.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by tibbius »

Ended the Escape chapter, started a new chapter.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#40 Post by soypunk »

tibbius, are you able to tell us what the woman and children are doing in the video? are they bound? freely roaming the room? it wasn't clear from the description.

Return to “The Rescuers (Tiny Frontiers)”