OOC

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOC

#1 Post by tibbius »

Here's where we'll discuss what's going on.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#2 Post by tibbius »

Something for ybn1197 to consider is that a Pilot skill might be handy. At the beginning, since you're opposing the Reset, your "team" will have a pilot. That might last.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

Another thing to consider is that you have a ship: a Striker-class vessel.

Name her and design her.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ybn1197 »

tibbius wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:31 am Something for ybn1197 to consider is that a Pilot skill might be handy. At the beginning, since you're opposing the Reset, your "team" will have a pilot. That might last.
I didn't see Pilot (or anything involving vehicles) on the traits list but I placed Pilot under my traits as the system is too easy to mod for things like that. :D

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

Pilot – on a successful Test (once per round), you get an extra Move or Evade action with your ship.

Yeah, I really like how easy it is to mod tiny d6.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by tibbius »

Ok - we have three heroes / explorers, now we just need to design the ship! It's a Striker class.

That means it has

Structure: 6
Fuel: 10
Crew: Up to 12
Chassis System: Agile Dodge—Passive: Whenever the Striker is hit by a Ranged attack, they may roll a Test at Disadvantage. If they succeed, they negate all damage from the attack. This does not stack with the Evade action.
Basic Systems (one Action to activate, all Tests at Disadvantage): Weapons (Test to damage enemy ship); Scanners (Test to gain Advantage on all attacks against a single target this round); Thrusters (burns one Fuel, Test to Evade any otherwise successful attack during this round); Shields (burns one Fuel, Test to negate next attack within two rounds); Life Support (Test to repair 1 damage); Reactor (Test to remove Disadvantage from one system); Docking Bay. If the ship runs out of Fuel, the Movement and Defense systems are disabled. Fuel is synthesized at 1 point per hour. This is not fast enough in a fight!
Advanced Systems (check the rules, or just propose something and I'll make it fit):
• 1 Sensor
• 2 Weapon
• 1 Defense (burns Fuel)
• 2 Movement (burns Fuel).

I would suggest that one of you is responsible for Sensors and Defense (Comms guy), ybn1197 is responsible for Movement (Pilot/Helm), and one of you is responsible for Weapons (Tactical). The NPC Pilot in the scenario can be the Captain. When using the ship, each of you gets two actions per round to activate your assigned systems. Systems stay active for one round (except for shields, which stay up for two rounds).
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by NJWilliam »

Two Salimar in maintenance overalls like your own are carrying some kind of heavy component along the corridor.
How far away from us are they?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by soypunk »

tibbius wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pmI would suggest that one of you is responsible for Sensors and Defense (Comms guy), ybn1197 is responsible for Movement (Pilot/Helm), and one of you is responsible for Weapons (Tactical). The NPC Pilot in the scenario can be the Captain. When using the ship, each of you gets two actions per round to activate your assigned systems. Systems stay active for one round (except for shields, which stay up for two rounds).
Based on these notes - I'm thinking Anen should take the Sensors/Defense (Vigliant trait could apply here) and Alex (NJWilliam) has a few traits better suited to gunnery.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by tibbius »

NJWilliam wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Two Salimar in maintenance overalls like your own are carrying some kind of heavy component along the corridor.
How far away from us are they?
About one Move (twenty - thirty feet).
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by NJWilliam »

soypunk wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm Based on these notes - I'm thinking Anen should take the Sensors/Defense (Vigliant trait could apply here) and Alex (NJWilliam) has a few traits better suited to gunnery.
Makes sense to me.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by tibbius »

ok - please take a look at the Starships Rules in Tiny Frontiers, or just make something up with a proposed house rule, for each of your assigned systems.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by NJWilliam »

These are simply guesses, I’m completely new to this system, but how about:

Sensor: Long Range Scanners
Weapon: Automatic Cannon, EMP Mines
Defense: Armor Plating
Movement: Fuel Tanks (+4 fuel), Stealth Engines
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by NJWilliam »

What is the campaign number for the die roller?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by tibbius »

Campaign ID 868.

Quick Gun doesn't stack with the advantage you have with your gun already drawn.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by tibbius »

I think we're just waiting for ybn1197. Maybe we should clarify posting rate - how often does each of us expect to post? I am good with however often though not more than daily, and I've found that less than weekly tends to dwindle away pretty quick.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#16 Post by soypunk »

tibbius wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:01 pm I think we're just waiting for ybn1197. Maybe we should clarify posting rate - how often does each of us expect to post? I am good with however often though not more than daily, and I've found that less than weekly tends to dwindle away pretty quick.
I can manage at least a post a day routine though I don't think I could guarantee a particular timeframe (with kids starting back up at remote pandemic schooling, my daily schedule is getting blown up :) )

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#17 Post by soypunk »

Also, who's holding the stun-launcher?
I overlooked this detail, apologies. What type of weapon is the stun-launcher? Heavy ranged? Light ranged? Is Xenotech a different class altogether? Anen is the only member of with a proficiency in heavy weapons. So far in the story, I've not really discussed what weapon (if any) Anen is carrying so there's opening if we think that makes the most sense narratively.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by tibbius »

I'd say it's a heavy ranged weapon that does 1 point of damage and knocks people unconscious when it detonates. At least that's what you've been told; you don't really know!
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by NJWilliam »

Should we move these five folks someplace we can secure them, maybe just inside our ship. Let them go when we leave?
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by ybn1197 »

We need to secure them somewhere out of the way. If we can do so within the ship, that is our best option IMHO. We know the layout of the ship, this station we do not. So we could end up wasting precious time looking for a place to secure them here.

Return to “The Rescuers (Tiny Frontiers)”