(011a) Jump to Extolay

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011a) Jump to Extolay

#61 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:21 pmCarlos puts his arm around her. "It's okay, love. We'll swap him to a cold berth at Extolay and bite the passage. I'm thinking, we haul him back to Regina and deal with him there." He sighs. "Gonna crimp the efficiency, though. Skipper, we'll need another grease monkey..."
Zaki leans against Carlos and wipes a tear from her eyes. "It's so sad. Did he have a family, and do we even know where he was from?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 pm
Keven wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:21 pmCarlos puts his arm around her. "It's okay, love. We'll swap him to a cold berth at Extolay and bite the passage. I'm thinking, we haul him back to Regina and deal with him there." He sighs. "Gonna crimp the efficiency, though. Skipper, we'll need another grease monkey..."
Zaki leans against Carlos and wipes a tear from her eyes. "It's so sad. Did he have a family, and do we even know where he was from?"
Carlos says "All I know is, he was one of us, the Drafted and Shafted Brigade. Have to check with the Navy for that info. We MIGHT be able to get his ashes sent home by the Navy..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:39 pm
OOC: Just to let Zaki know, anaphylaxis varies A LOT. Some things trigger almost immediate reactions, others can only trigger reactions hours later. The reactions can range from minor things like skin irritation (hives), skin swelling and digestive issues; to more serious things like breathing issues or heart palpitations; to complete systems collapse. It looks like whatever killed Chandra had a sudden onset and lead to almost immediate death from asphyxiation...his airway is swollen completely shut even several hours after death.

OOC: Yes, Sir Baltus is aboard. He has stayed with the other LSP personnel since you left Jenghe in passenger country and none of you have seen much of him.
Pedro will find Sir Baltus when he goes into PAX-land. "Sir Baltus! Good morning...a word in private if we might?" When they are alone Pedro will inform him of Chandra's death, and ask if anyone of his charges complained about the meal or is un-accounted for at the moment.

Sudden onset of asphyxiation that strongly does argue against a long-time onset.

Also ooc, was the Cthulhu smilie always there?? Reminds me more of a Dalek...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Tiglath »

A subdued SIgrun says softly "We should do whatever his customs dictate".

She sighs "You know that if I die without a weapon in my hand I would want you to dress me in my war finery and then fire me into the nearest star? Fire is the way to the All Father's feasthall".

OOC: I think Cthullhu came with the site upgrade).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:19 pm
bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pm He heads off to meet Zaki. On the way he asks "Connie, do we have PBS's in our gear; I'm thinking we all need to be wearing them 24/7. "

PBS: Personal BioSensors Belters all wear 'em, sort of super Apple watches but with sensors to send an alert if they have medical troubles... like having an anaphylactic episode while they're sedated...that way even if you're not consious people can know when you're in distress. Belter's are usually part of their skinsuits, but I don't know if anyone other than Pedro or Sigrun wear theirs on a daily basis, and even then not necessarily when we're asleep
"No, Captain Pedro there are no Pesonal BioSensors in stock aboard this ship." Connie replies, "However, I am capable of monitoring each person aboard and reporting when biological readings divert from nominal ranges. This capability has never been authorized since my construction, due to privacy concerns expressed by previous Captains."
"Connie, I authorize you to do that for the crew." He enters his command password on his comms to confirm. "Please consult with Zaki to determine proper thresholds for reporting actual emergencies." He chuckles "I would NOT want to bust in on folks merely being...energetic. Also Zaki is to be the only person with access to the collected data. Anyone else will need two factor command override."

He then comms the crew.

"This is your captain speaking. I have authorized Connie to monitor all the crews biosigns 24/7. Zaki, please work with her to tune the thresholds so we detect actual medical emergencies; and as the ships medical officer you have the only authorized access to the data. Thank you."

I LIKE having an AI ship!
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:39 pm A subdued SIgrun says softly "We should do whatever his customs dictate". She sighs "You know that if I die without a weapon in my hand I would want you to dress me in my war finery and then fire me into the nearest star? Fire is the way to the All Father's feasthall".
Zaki looks at Sigrun. "You will outlive us all, Sigrun, and your grandchildren will have to handle your send-off."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 pm"This is your captain speaking. I have authorized Connie to monitor all the crews biosigns 24/7. Zaki, please work with her to tune the thresholds so we detect actual medical emergencies; and as the ships medical officer you have the only authorized access to the data. Thank you."
Zaki's cheeks seem a little pink even under her dark complexion. "Um, yes, Captain."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Keven »

Carlos heads back to the bridge for his shift at the controls.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:39 pm
OOC: Just to let Zaki know, anaphylaxis varies A LOT. Some things trigger almost immediate reactions, others can only trigger reactions hours later. The reactions can range from minor things like skin irritation (hives), skin swelling and digestive issues; to more serious things like breathing issues or heart palpitations; to complete systems collapse. It looks like whatever killed Chandra had a sudden onset and lead to almost immediate death from asphyxiation...his airway is swollen completely shut even several hours after death.

OOC: Yes, Sir Baltus is aboard. He has stayed with the other LSP personnel since you left Jenghe in passenger country and none of you have seen much of him.
Pedro will find Sir Baltus when he goes into PAX-land. "Sir Baltus! Good morning...a word in private if we might?" When they are alone Pedro will inform him of Chandra's death, and ask if anyone of his charges complained about the meal or is un-accounted for at the moment.

Sudden onset of asphyxiation that strongly does argue against a long-time onset.

Also ooc, was the Cthulhu smilie always there?? Reminds me more of a Dalek...
"I'm so sorry to hear of your Engineer's untimely death." Sir Baltus says, and he appears sincere when he says so.

"No, no complaints from any of us and all were at breakfast this morning." Baltus purses this lips, "You think it was something he ate? Perhaps he had an allergy he did't know he had...hum, we did have that shell fish last night? I know some people are allergic to those sort of things."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:01 pm "I'm so sorry to hear of your Engineer's untimely death." Sir Baltus says, and he appears sincere when he says so.

"No, no complaints from any of us and all were at breakfast this morning." Baltus purses this lips, "You think it was something he ate? Perhaps he had an allergy he did't know he had...hum, we did have that shell fish last night? I know some people are allergic to those sort of things."
Pedro shakes his head "We don't know at this point. He'd never mentioned any such allergy to us, and he ate the shrimp with the rest of us, so if he was allergic, he didn't know it either. I am glad to hear everyone else is ok. " He sighs "Well, I have to get back to running the ship, now that I'm down an engineer. Another hat to wear!" He smiles and shakes Sir Baltus hand, and heads back to crew territory to check in with Emily again.
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:01 pm "I'm so sorry to hear of your Engineer's untimely death." Sir Baltus says, and he appears sincere when he says so.

Pedro shakes his head "We don't know at this point. He'd never mentioned any such allergy to us, and he ate the shrimp with the rest of us, so if he was allergic, he didn't know it either. I am glad to hear everyone else is ok. " He sighs "Well, I have to get back to running the ship, now that I'm down an engineer. Another hat to wear!" He smiles and shakes Sir Baltus hand, and heads back to crew territory to check in with Emily again.
Emily has everything under control but the task list is already stretching her a bit. It’s only going to get worse as she falls behind in the task list. She has a list of things that might be done by others or under supervision that will help. No matter how it plays out, she’s going to get very little sleep over the next week but isn’t worried.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by bruce.desertrat »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm
bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Emily has everything under control but the task list is already stretching her a bit. It’s only going to get worse as she falls behind in the task list. She has a list of things that might be done by others or under supervision that will help. No matter how it plays out, she’s going to get very little sleep over the next week but isn’t worried.
Pedro will take shifts to spell her and also second John Lee to her as assistant. He doesn't have engineering, but he has some related mechanics skills. Hopefully this helps her deal with the task list. Sigrun will need to take some longer bridge shifts to cover for when Pedro's working in Engineering. "If we're lucky we might find someone on Extolay."
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun is a qualified Pilot and is more than happy to pitch in and reassures Pedro that she and Carlos can cover the bridge shifts between them.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:31 pm
Pedro will take shifts to spell her and also second John Lee to her as assistant. He doesn't have engineering, but he has some related mechanics skills. Hopefully this helps her deal with the task list. Sigrun will need to take some longer bridge shifts to cover for when Pedro's working in Engineering. "If we're lucky we might find someone on Extolay."
“There are some things we can defer, but I’m trying to stay vigilant. There have been too many unpleasant surprises since I signed on and I definitely don’t want another on my watch.”

Emily knows she can’t keep an eye on everything, but she’ll be spot checking systems to make sure there are no unauthorized modifications. Sabotage would be ugly and she wants to get a jump if someone is still screwing with the ship.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 pm
“There are some things we can defer, but I’m trying to stay vigilant. There have been too many unpleasant surprises since I signed on and I definitely don’t want another on my watch.”

Emily knows she can’t keep an eye on everything, but she’ll be spot checking systems to make sure there are no unauthorized modifications. Sabotage would be ugly and she wants to get a jump if someone is still screwing with the ship.
Carlos says, over the comm in a closed channel, "Just do the best you can, Chief. Might want to offload the minor but necessary stuff onto a list for us to handle best as we can, and when we finish a job, we mark it and email you to look over. Don't overstress it. And feel free to consult with Connie herself about it. She's pretty damned sharp."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

Zaki finishes with securing the evidence surrounding Chandra's death, and goes back to her duties as the ship's purser.

That evening, she sits with Carlos in their quarters. "I've never had to handle a forensics investigation," she begins. "For all I know, we could have bad food, or even a murderer out there. Or, it could be that he had a reaction to something that hadn't bothered him before. That does happen." She sighs. "I'm frustrated, because I don't know what to do about it now."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:09 am Zaki finishes with securing the evidence surrounding Chandra's death, and goes back to her duties as the ship's purser.

That evening, she sits with Carlos in their quarters. "I've never had to handle a forensics investigation," she begins. "For all I know, we could have bad food, or even a murderer out there. Or, it could be that he had a reaction to something that hadn't bothered him before. That does happen." She sighs. "I'm frustrated, because I don't know what to do about it now."
Carlos cuddles her. "Hon, you did the best you could. We'll freeze him at Extolay and let the experts on Regina figure out the rest. In the meantime, the autodoc will keep him cool. It's only for a few days. You did good, love." He kisses her forehead, and when they go to sleep, he'll keep her cuddled all night so she sleeps well.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun settles into the pilot's command couch and gives a satisfied smile. She always enjoyed flying space ships and even just taking a watch in jump was still good. However, on this ship she wasn't really employed as a pilot and so Sigrun spoke softly into her shipboard comm and began to hunt "Hei, Connie show me all of the internal sensor data from the crew quarters during and after our last meal. I am specifically interested in transient events in the data and personnel movement in the vicinity of Chandra's stateroom. Extend the timeline back two days and show me events and changes".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:46 amCarlos cuddles her. "Hon, you did the best you could. We'll freeze him at Extolay and let the experts on Regina figure out the rest. In the meantime, the autodoc will keep him cool. It's only for a few days. You did good, love." He kisses her forehead, and when they go to sleep, he'll keep her cuddled all night so she sleeps well.
Zaki presses Carlos' arm against her body, taking comfort in his caring embrace. She considers that there is more hard work ahead of her to solve Chandra's death, and also to rehabilitate herself after the aircar crash. This thought brings back memories of her life before waking up here in the Spinward Marches, and she shifts a bit to press even closer to her lover. His warmth relaxes her, and soon she drifts off to sleep.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by terrymixon »

Keven wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:25 am
terrymixon wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Carlos says, over the comm in a closed channel, "Just do the best you can, Chief. Might want to offload the minor but necessary stuff onto a list for us to handle best as we can, and when we finish a job, we mark it and email you to look over. Don't overstress it. And feel free to consult with Connie herself about it. She's pretty damned sharp."
Emily will start working more with Connie to determine what she can do and how that differs from what she's used to. Once she knows, she'll start using Connie to help her keep an eye on things and point out things that seem off.

OOC: Terry isn't sure how Connie differs from normal computers in this universe and I need to make sure I have a firmer grasp of what's happening then he does before he get's more detailed.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”