(011a) Jump to Extolay

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (011a) Jump to Extolay

#41 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 pm Sigrun puts the glass safely to one side and finds another to scoop up some vomit.

She then hands both glasses to Zaki declaring them to be "For scienceing".
Zaki collects them into plastic bags for further analysis.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:44 pm
Terry and I live about 15 miles apart. The storm went east of us, so we got nothing but a couple feet of storm surge out of it.
Good to hear. I just got a FB update from a friend in Louisiana, and he didn't get it too bad either (he was a fair ways east) lots of wind and rain mostly past now. Looks like it pretty well marched briskly inland, which is good.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Tiglath »

Well "escaped" all! :D

Now I'll have to stop grumbling about the more or less constant rain we've been having over here!

Stay safe.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:40 pm The mid jump dinner seems to go well. The meal is Jenghe prawns on a bed of couscous with a salad of fresh greens from Jenghe. Dessert is a fruit compote served over vanilla ice creme. The crew chats and laughs and has a good time.

The next morning, Chandra doesn't show up for his shift in Engineering. Emily, rings his room over the intercom and receives no reply.
OOC: Weirdly, I only got notice of new posts in the thread a few minutes ago. Silly notification system.

Emily will call the bridge and let them know that she can’t get Chandra on the com. Could they get someone to check?
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 pm
Tiglath wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 pm Sigrun puts the glass safely to one side and finds another to scoop up some vomit.

She then hands both glasses to Zaki declaring them to be "For scienceing".
OOC: Terry and JR live in Texas, so they might have been affected by the hurricane that just blew in Wednesday. I hope both are okay.
OOC: I’m fine. The system just failed to notify me until a few minutes ago about the activity. Assume Emily is obliviously running the engineering watch.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Eris »

Some time later after Zaki has had a chance to do some work she makes some findings. She finds the remains of both a standard anti-acid and a sedative is staining the glass found on the floor. The auto-doc indicates that Chandra died from some sort of anaphylactic shock, and from her research that is consistent with how the body looked. Chandra might have been overcome too quickly to contact anyone or might have been asleep and never really woke up.

It doesn't appear to have been unnatural causes...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 pm Some time later after Zaki has had a chance to do some work she makes some findings. She finds the remains of both a standard anti-acid and a sedative is staining the glass found on the floor. The auto-doc indicates that Chandra died from some sort of anaphylactic shock, and from her research that is consistent with how the body looked. Chandra might have been overcome too quickly to contact anyone or might have been asleep and never really woke up. It doesn't appear to have been unnatural causes...
Zaki keys her comm. "Captain, can you come to the infirmary, please?"

She plans to keep investigating, to include taking a sample of his stomach contents, to determine what it was that caused the reaction. This represents a danger to all aboard, so she will keep looking for whatever caused the reaction.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by terrymixon »

After a while with no word of any kind, Emily will call the bridge again to ask if something is wrong. She’s starting to get concerned.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro enters the Engineering space about when Emily calls the bridge again. "Hi Emily. Some bad news. We found Chandra dead in his quarters this morning. We're not sure what happened. Is everything OK down here?" He'll quickly look over the board, to see if anything looks off. "It also looks like you're Chief E now, Also, Only E. I can help of course, I've wrenched my way through a lot of ships, and even have some sim learning under my belt." He smiles, albeit pretty grimly.
Pedro sighs. "...of course that doesn't mean I can stay here...Comm me if you need anything. We don't think this is anything other than natural at this point, but given our history I wouldn't relax. Keep your comms hot."

He heads off to meet Zaki. On the way he asks "Connie, do we have PBS's in our gear; I'm thinking we all need to be wearing them 24/7. "

PBS: Personal BioSensors Belters all wear 'em, sort of super Apple watches but with sensors to send an alert if they have medical troubles... like having an anaphylactic episode while they're sedated...that way even if you're not consious people can know when you're in distress. Belter's are usually part of their skinsuits, but I don't know if anyone other than Pedro or Sigrun wear theirs on a daily basis, and even then not necessarily when we're asleep
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pmHe heads off to meet Zaki. On the way he asks "Connie, do we have PBS's in our gear; I'm thinking we all need to be wearing them 24/7. "
When Pedro arrives, he sees that Zaki is working on Chandra's abdomen. "I have some disturbing news," she begins. "Chandra died of anaphylaxis, and I'm still trying to determine what caused it. We should discreetly account for everyone else aboard, and ensure that they aren't sick."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pm Pedro enters the Engineering space about when Emily calls the bridge again. "Hi Emily. Some bad news. We found Chandra dead in his quarters this morning. We're not sure what happened. Is everything OK down here?" He'll quickly look over the board, to see if anything looks off. "It also looks like you're Chief E now, Also, Only E. I can help of course, I've wrenched my way through a lot of ships, and even have some sim learning under my belt." He smiles, albeit pretty grimly.
Emily gapped. “What? Holy crap!”

She rubbed her forehead, looking bulldozed. “That’s... crazy and awful.”

It took a few more seconds, but she shook her head. “The boards are green. Engineering is ship shape and I’ve got the skills to keep it that way, but I’ll almost certainly need your assistance to keep it that way. There’s too much routine work for one person to keep on top of.

“I didn’t know him long, so it’s not as much of a gut punch to me as it has to be to you and the rest of the crew. I’m so sorry. If there’s anything I can do for anyone, just tell me and I’ll make it happen.”

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm
bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pmHe heads off to meet Zaki. On the way he asks "Connie, do we have PBS's in our gear; I'm thinking we all need to be wearing them 24/7. "
When Pedro arrives, he sees that Zaki is working on Chandra's abdomen. "I have some disturbing news," she begins. "Chandra died of anaphylaxis, and I'm still trying to determine what caused it. We should discreetly account for everyone else aboard, and ensure that they aren't sick."
Pedro furrows his brow. "I thought anaphylaxis was something that happened right away. He was fine when we left after dinner last night. Keep digging, I'll take a discreet stroll through PAX territory to check."

IS Sir Baltus with us on this trip? IIRC he was the wrangler for the various groups of employees we were carrying.
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:08 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 pm Some time later after Zaki has had a chance to do some work she makes some findings. She finds the remains of both a standard anti-acid and a sedative is staining the glass found on the floor. The auto-doc indicates that Chandra died from some sort of anaphylactic shock, and from her research that is consistent with how the body looked. Chandra might have been overcome too quickly to contact anyone or might have been asleep and never really woke up. It doesn't appear to have been unnatural causes...

She plans to keep investigating, to include taking a sample of his stomach contents, to determine what it was that caused the reaction. This represents a danger to all aboard, so she will keep looking for whatever caused the reaction.
Stomach contents are consistent with the mid-jump meal you all shared, nothing stands out to Zaki.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pm He heads off to meet Zaki. On the way he asks "Connie, do we have PBS's in our gear; I'm thinking we all need to be wearing them 24/7. "

PBS: Personal BioSensors Belters all wear 'em, sort of super Apple watches but with sensors to send an alert if they have medical troubles... like having an anaphylactic episode while they're sedated...that way even if you're not consious people can know when you're in distress. Belter's are usually part of their skinsuits, but I don't know if anyone other than Pedro or Sigrun wear theirs on a daily basis, and even then not necessarily when we're asleep
"No, Captain Pedro there are no Pesonal BioSensors in stock aboard this ship." Connie replies, "However, I am capable of monitoring each person aboard and reporting when biological readings divert from nominal ranges. This capability has never been authorized since my construction, due to privacy concerns expressed by previous Captains."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 pmStomach contents are consistent with the mid-jump meal you all shared, nothing stands out to Zaki.
Acutely conscious of the fact that she is a nurse, not a physician, Zaki looks for the best method to preserve Chandra's remains until they can have a proper autopsy performed.

OOG: I'd thought that we don't have a spare low berth, is that correct?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:11 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm
Pedro furrows his brow. "I thought anaphylaxis was something that happened right away. He was fine when we left after dinner last night. Keep digging, I'll take a discreet stroll through PAX territory to check."

IS Sir Baltus with us on this trip? IIRC he was the wrangler for the various groups of employees we were carrying.
OOC: Just to let Zaki know, anaphylaxis varies A LOT. Some things trigger almost immediate reactions, others can only trigger reactions hours later. The reactions can range from minor things like skin irritation (hives), skin swelling and digestive issues; to more serious things like breathing issues or heart palpitations; to complete systems collapse. It looks like whatever killed Chandra had a sudden onset and lead to almost immediate death from asphyxiation...his airway is swollen completely shut even several hours after death.

OOC: Yes, Sir Baltus is aboard. He has stayed with the other LSP personnel since you left Jenghe in passenger country and none of you have seen much of him.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 pmStomach contents are consistent with the mid-jump meal you all shared, nothing stands out to Zaki.
Acutely conscious of the fact that she is a nurse, not a physician, Zaki looks for the best method to preserve Chandra's remains until they can have a proper autopsy performed.

OOG: I'd thought that we don't have a spare low berth, is that correct?
You do not. The body will remain preserved in the ship's Autodoc, but you'd have to remove it to use the Autodoc on anyone else. You could also do as Sigrun suggested and store it in vacuum, it will be less preserved as the body will dehydrate and some anaerobic bacteria will survive, but freezing/dehydration should stop their growth until the body is thawed and hydrated.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro goes into PAX areas an does some gladhanding, "how are you...is everything ok so far...need anything...fly the friendly spacelanes with Team Connie..blah blah" Anyone ill or dead-but-we-don't-know-it-yet down there?
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:48 pmYou do not. The body will remain preserved in the ship's Autodoc, but you'd have to remove it to use the Autodoc on anyone else. You could also do as Sigrun suggested and store it in vacuum, it will be less preserved as the body will dehydrate and some anaerobic bacteria will survive, but freezing/dehydration should stop their growth until the body is thawed and hydrated.
Zaki arranges to leave Chandra's body in the autodoc, and locks his stateroom under her authority as the ship's medic. With that done, she reports to Pedro.

"I've secured Chandra's body in the autodoc. If we need it, we can take him out and put him in an airlock, like Sigrun suggested. I've also sealed his stateroom until we can have the authorities examine it." She sighs. "I still don't know what happened. I don't have the training to perform an autopsy or forensic analysis."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:08 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:48 pmYou do not. The body will remain preserved in the ship's Autodoc, but you'd have to remove it to use the Autodoc on anyone else. You could also do as Sigrun suggested and store it in vacuum, it will be less preserved as the body will dehydrate and some anaerobic bacteria will survive, but freezing/dehydration should stop their growth until the body is thawed and hydrated.
Zaki arranges to leave Chandra's body in the autodoc, and locks his stateroom under her authority as the ship's medic. With that done, she reports to Pedro.

"I've secured Chandra's body in the autodoc. If we need it, we can take him out and put him in an airlock, like Sigrun suggested. I've also sealed his stateroom until we can have the authorities examine it." She sighs. "I still don't know what happened. I don't have the training to perform an autopsy or forensic analysis."

Carlos puts his arm around her. "It's okay, love. We'll swap him to a cold berth at Extolay and bite the passage. I'm thinking, we haul him back to Regina and deal with him there." He sighs. "Gonna crimp the efficiency, though. Skipper, we'll need another grease monkey..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”