Forums have been updated - post here with problems

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Forums have been updated - post here with problems

#81 Post by rredmond »

Oh HAI! I just noticed the preview your post function is different. Now it shows you how your post would look in the thread as opposed to just showing the post, as it did in the past. Noyce!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:35 pm
Zhym wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:33 pmFor the
tag, is it possible to make it work over multiple lines? I just tried to replace a "list-indent" in one of my post with
tags, but only the first line was indented.
I didn't test this. Yes, being able to indent an entire list (and not need to indent each list item individually) would obviously be nice.

WHOAH! The indent tags didn't disappear in Zhym's post, but they do in Dave's quoting of the post. Trippy, it's Erelhei-Cinlu all over again...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Bluehorse »

rredmond wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:37 pm Oh HAI! I just noticed the preview your post function is different. Now it shows you how your post would look in the thread as opposed to just showing the post, as it did in the past. Noyce!
I just noticed this too. What a great feature!!!

One Suggestion that may or may not have been brought up is to have the thread path (or whatever it is called) that list all the forums from board index to where you are posting used to be located at both bottom and top. I always found this useful. Now at the bottom there is only Board Index. Would like to see this put back but I wont be heartbroken if it is not.

Another idea and I have no idea how freezable this would be, is if we could copy and paste images rather than have to upload them.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Zhym »

Is there no longer an option to reply to a post with a PM?
rredmond wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:39 pm WHOAH! The indent tags didn't work in Zhym's post, but it does in Dave's quoting of the post. Trippy, it's the underground drow city all over again...
I checked "Disable BBCode" in my post. That must apply only to my post; any post quoting my post also has to disable BBCode to show the tags. That might have been true before the upgrade, too.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by rredmond »

Zhym wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:42 pm Is there no longer an option to reply to a post with a PM?
This one I know. Nope there isn't. I really liked that feature, because it put the link to the thread. But now when you use the QUOTE function, it does this automatically now. So you use QUOTE, select all and CUT. Then you can paste that into a PM. The up arrow you see, next to the name "Nuth wrote: ↑" is the link back to the post in the thread. Just click on that. :D

Extra step or two, but really not too onerous.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Zhym »

But the quote only appears if you are able to post in the thread (e.g., it isn't locked), right? I can't remember if you could reply with a PM in a locked thread before.

I really liked that feature too.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by rredmond »

If you can lock threads, you have the ability to do that. A Mod can post in (or quote from) a thread that is locked.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Zhym »

Right. But if I want to send someone a PM about a post in a locked thread, and I'm not able to unlock the thread myself, the QUOTE function isn't available.

BTW, the more I think about it, the more I think the current list behavior is the bug, not the old way. It makes sense that if you enter a list without the bullet tags, you get a list without bullets. I could also see a logic in having a list without bullet tags default to some bullet on each item. I don't see the logic in having only the first line bulleted, though. I don't know if that's something that can be changed or if it's just something we're stuck with in the new version of the code.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#89 Post by ToniXX »

Zhym wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 pm Right. But if I want to send someone a PM about a post in a locked thread, and I'm not able to unlock the thread myself, the QUOTE function isn't available.

BTW, the more I think about it, the more I think the current list behavior is the bug, not the old way. It makes sense that if you enter a list without the bullet tags, you get a list without bullets. I could also see a logic in having a list without bullet tags default to some bullet on each item. I don't see the logic in having only the first line bulleted, though. I don't know if that's something that can be changed or if it's just something we're stuck with in the new version of the code.
To unlock a thread, look at the bottom of the thread for the button with the gavel/hammer logo. That should allow you to lock or unlock a thread if you have permissions.

I think that we'er stuck with the new way that lists work.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#90 Post by ToniXX »

I've added a test bbcode called indent2. It works like below, indenting all lines. If we'd rather use this, I'll just make this how the 'indent' bbcode works.

[indent2]line 2
line 3
line 4[/indent2]

Code: Select all

[indent2]
line 2
line 3
line 4
[/indent2]

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Zhym »

ToniXX wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm To unlock a thread, look at the bottom of the thread for the button with the gavel/hammer logo. That should allow you to lock or unlock a thread if you have permissions.
Understood. My point was that this just works in threads that I "own." If I want to reply to a post in a locked announcement thread, for example, I can't just unlock it.

It's not a big deal. Reply via PM was a nice feature and I'll probably keep trying to use it out of reflex for a while, but it's easy enough to send PMs manually.

----

Re: the chat feature, is this what other people are seeing? That's...not what I remember the chat window looking like.
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.00.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.00.34 PM.png (133.39 KiB) Viewed 1820 times

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:04 pmIf we'd rather use this, I'll just make this how the 'indent' bbcode works.
Yes, the multi-line support is preferred (especially since it can also support a single line if needed).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by shaidar »

Hi

You can reply via PM. Look to the right, under user info there is 'contact' , with a balloon and three dots. Click that and you are taken to a PM with the post quoted.

Although this doesn't seem an option in the mobile view.
Last edited by shaidar on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#94 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:10 pm Yes, the multi-line support is preferred (especially since it can also support a single line if needed).
Done.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Zhym »

shaidar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm Hi

You can reply via PM. Look to the right, under user info there is 'contact, with a balloon and three dots. Click that and you are taken to a PM with the post quoted.
Oh, nice! Thanks!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by rredmond »

Zhym wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 pm Re: the chat feature, is this what other people are seeing? That's...not what I remember the chat window looking like.

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.00.34 PM.png
Can't remember last time I was in the chat, so it's interesting that it says I'm there!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#97 Post by ToniXX »

Zhym wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 pm Re: the chat feature, is this what other people are seeing? That's...not what I remember the chat window looking like.
The chat has been updated too so it will look different. I just changed the settings so that when people create topics it doesn't show up in the chat. That seems unnecessary.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Zhym »

Didn't the chat used to have a way to roll dice? I don't see it in the new one.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#99 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:41 pm One Suggestion that may or may not have been brought up is to have the thread path (or whatever it is called) that list all the forums from board index to where you are posting used to be located at both bottom and top. I always found this useful. Now at the bottom there is only Board Index. Would like to see this put back but I wont be heartbroken if it is not.
Yes, this makes for a lot of switching back and forth between pages now. Especially if you are posting in private threads often.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#100 Post by ToniXX »

Yes, I think the chat did have a dice roller, but there's also this: http://www.unseenservant.com/ 8-)

Return to “Help and Support”