On Execution Day ...

Samwell Turleton
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: On Execution Day ...

#41 Post by tibbius »

"It looks like some odd sort of cup," Stevie muses. "Here, would you give us a look? I'd like to see if it's useful for drinking tea."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas

"How're you going to cash it in?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Enfys Tambrell

"It has this hole in the mouth of the ram so as long as you are prepared to drink your tea in one go...

Enfys eases the rhyton over to Stevie as discretely as she can.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by tibbius »

Stevie turns the rhyton around in her hands. "Eh, it's a strange one," she comments. "I wonder does you plug the hole with your finger, or hwat?" She holds the drinking horn in her right hand, finger over the hole, and daintily lifts her tea cup with her left hand, gingerly pouring into the ancient vessel. Then with surprising deftness she sets down the tea cup, tilts back her head, and raises the rhyton with both hands to her lips.

As she drinks a strange thing happens.

You feel an overwhelming sensation of disgust and terror at her presence. You would do anything to be freed of her company; whatever she demands, so long as she'll leave you alone.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Urson »

Amos
As the rhyton is being examined, Amos jokes. Sounds like it would be better as a funnel...

He feels his normal distaste and distrust of Stevie grow immensely. Blood and thunder! Let me get away from this nasty quim! He stands and moves to an empty table across the Two Kettles.
FA FO

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Enfys Tambrell

Enfys screws up her face as she watches Stevie drink from the rhyton.

“This is an artifact from the British Museum, not some general store tin tankard. Give it back!”

Enfys reaches her hand out to grab the rhyton and reaches her other hand into her pocket in preparation, a thumb on the brass and glass elements at the center of the object in her pocket.
Last edited by Samwell Turleton on Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas Thermopolous

Andreas eyes the exit. "What's your plan now? "His leg starts to nervously tap in rapid succession.
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by tibbius »

As Stevie lowers the vessel from her lips, the bizarre and unsettling aspect flickers and fades and she's back to being a fairly ordinary person neither impressive nor imposing. She easily passes the rhyton back to Enfys: "That thing gives a nasty flavor to the tea," she comments.
Last edited by tibbius on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Enfys Tambrell

Enfys turns the cup upside down and gives it a few shakes over the table before grabbing a cloth napkin to wipe out the insides of the Rhyton.

You probably just drank a bunch of museum dust, Stevie. Who knows how long that thing has been sitting out?

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas Thermopoulos

'What's a little dust, but natural flavor?"
Andreas winks at Stevie. "So what's your plan, now? Sooner of later the coppers'll pop in to look for you here, you know."
gaming since 1980

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Urson »

Amos
Amos has overcome the effects of the rhyton, and returns to the table with the others. I might know a collector who'd buy that from you, missy. Take a day or two to contact him, though.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by tibbius »

Prof. Reginald Jones

A gentle and genteel cough. The rap of a brass-ferruled cane on the rough boards of the Two Kettles floor.

Prof. Jones inclines his upper body in a perceptible bow. "Good afternoon, gentlemen ... miss ... Stevie. Glad to see you all are well."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas Thermopolous bows to the new arrival. "Professor."
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by tibbius »

"Mr. Thermopolous." The professor forces a smile. "Did you play a part in the fortunate events at Trafalgar?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Stevie looks up from the table at the professor.

Very nice of you to join us, Professor.

The gang is all here. What did we agree to call ourselves again, the Quibblings was it?

Stevie turns back to Andreas, you are right, I must be quick. I have escaped death once today, I shouldn’t press my luck”

Put that thing away Enfys. We will find a buyer or hide it with your collection. You have Amos’ pocket watch too if I remember rightly. He might be needing it back.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Samwell Turleton »

This might be the last time we can arrange to meet here , Stevie says.

I have some information you may all find interesting but first we all need to hear...are you in for a penny, or in for a pound?

Stevie looks around the table and up at the professor in turn.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Urson »

Amos
Amos silently holds out his hand, waiting for his watch to be returned. He nods to the Professor

Hit's no secret I have little use for you, Stevie- but you've never steered me wrong when it comes to business. I'm in- right up until it costs me my lunch hook.
FA FO

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by cybersavant »

tibbius wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:11 pm "Mr. Thermopolous." The professor forces a smile. "Did you play a part in the fortunate events at Trafalgar?"
Andreas Thermopolous

"I was there, but no. I was stuck in the crowd, I did watch for anyone following, though." Andreas turns to Stevie. "You know i'm always in."
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by tibbius »

"... I suppose it couldn't do any harm to branch out a bit from the Faculty," Prof. Jones drawls. "I pledge my honor, et cetera."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Stevie leans over the table and their voice gets hushed, listen up, as you know I was in Newgate prison before being transferred to the Glenrose manor, Stevie gives a nod to Enfys. The inmates knew where I was being transferred, a few with some influential connections. Let’s just say that I take their word for it that the authorities were a little rushed in preparing Glenrose as a youth detention center...didn’t know about the secrets the architect worked into the building...false panels, secret passages, secret rooms...the works.

Stevie looks over the group.

The original owner of Glenrose was a Lord of some standing and known to travel the world collecting fine and strange things. We are speculating but think that Glenrose may still have a trove hidden somewhere.

Stevie pauses for a drink.

This is where it gets interesting, as I understand it the architect kept a set of plans of Glenrose that reveals some, maybe all, of those secrets.

This could be big...

Look for the architect Hippolyte Destailleur.

Return to “Insurrection (Into the Odd)”