Sister Daisy's House of Healing

OGRE MAGE
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Sister Daisy's House of Healing

#41 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She nods and takes the offered seat. "Oh, it's been decades since anyone called me anything other than Princess. Even informally. If it doesn't hurt your sensibilities, we can stick with that. You're in no danger of offending me."

She smiles at Daisy's mention of the Stonegut encounter. "Yes. I managed to have a peaceful negotiation with that Sergeant. Or was he a Lieutenant? Either way. They aren't the nicest people I've dealt with, but they can be somewhat reasonable. I think I could have a profitable discussion with them."

"I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the the...natives you say? Are there really people permanently living on this island? How interesting. I bet they know the local flora quite well."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#42 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge pipes up again.

"There are definitely natives here. I've seen them myself, but I've never traveled all the way to their farming operations, which I hear are impressive.....and vast."

"They had little settlements along the river where we get our water from, but I heard the pirates either killed them all or chased them away, so I don't rightly know the status of their people at the moment."

"I still think an agreement could be reached with them, but that might take some convincing now, after all the damage the pirates caused."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy nods. Princess it is, then.

Ah don't suppose you know any magic, Princess? 'Specially something to make communicating with folks easier?

Ah'd like to head for the native's farmland tomorrow morning, so we can get that particular loaf rising. Princess, do ya'll have anything you're planning for tomorrow? Ah'll try and round up a few guardian types to go with. We'll tag along with your crew, Marge.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She smiles at Daisy's question. "It seems word has gotten out that I can perform some magic. Yes. I have just the spell required for communication."

"If you're in a hurry, Mayor, then I can put some experiments on hold for a bit. But is there an easier way? I guess the trail along the river is safe, but this place isn't civilized at all. Maybe we could send word that we'd like to meet at the mouth of the river." She pauses, then seems to think of something.

"Ah, but who would send the message? And would they be able to communicate? Yes. I see the problem. Which adventurers are in town, anyway? We need some sort of check-in system."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge nods enthusiastically at the idea of going back to the river, and possibly beyond.

"I think there is still a few adventurers around, and there is more coming and going all the time, so we should be able to find some more muscle easy enough."

The large woman points out at the smaller island just off shore where you see a rowboat filled with people returning to the main island.

Not sure on Sir Owen's status either, but I do expect him back any day now. I hope.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Urson »

Daisy
You're right- it would help if we knew who was in town and ready to go. 'Course adventurer types are independent as a hog on ice, so most of 'em would forget to check in or out anyway.
Ah still want to talk to the hunters an' trappers- maybe some of them would want to go along.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#47 Post by OGRE MAGE »

One of the two farmers with Caleb stands up when the hunters are brought up.

"I was on the huntin crew when we first arrived, but once all the nearby game was either killed or chased off, the rest of us just started working with the farmers."

"I've seen little sign of animals returning to this area, and they will be even more scarce now with hunderds a dwarves in yonder jungle."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Urson »

Daisy Edit
Ah understand, sugar. The main thing Ah was curious about: how far out did ya'll travel when you were hunting? And kin you add anything to this map? She gestures to the map of the island.
When Ah go to visit the natives, Ah'd like someone along who knows farming and the soil. Ah don't know a lot, 'sides raising herbs for potions and poultices.

After speaking with the hunter, Daisy will head for the beach to meet the explorers who have been so busy on the island.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The man looks at Daisy's overall map of the island for a moment and whistles.

"Boy howdy, miss Daisy. We never got out that far. I actually had no id-er this island was so big."

With nothing to add to the map, Caleb steps forward again.

"I would be willing to go along to visit our neighbors, as long as it's safe to do so."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Urson »

Daisy

Thank you, Caleb honey. Ah think it would be smart to have someone who knows farming to look at the soils along the trip, so we have some alternatives if we can't get an agreement with the locals.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Urson »

Daisy
After speaking with the island explorers, Daisy catches up with The Princess. Sugar, Ah'm gonna need you to go talk with the dwarves soon.
She explains the situation with the kobolds, and how it is possible that the dwarves will blame the townies for thefts committed by the kobolds. Ah'm sorry, but Ah don't think this will wait until we get back from the native village.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Kobold thefts? Indeed." She listens to Daisy's explanation and nods. "Whichever you think best." She raises a brow and looks serious for a moment. "But you aren't suggesting that I go alone, are you?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy shakes her head. No, sugar. We can see the Dwarves tomorrow, and then we'll go to the Native's village.

This may sound a little indecisive, but it's only because of the developing plans between here and the 'Island Hopping' thread

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#54 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I totally get that. No problem on the perceived flip flopping. I will wait till a final decision is made on each of these open topics before I make up any new threads.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Okay, Princess. You and Ah will go visit the Stoneguts tomorrow- hopefully, we kin come to some agreement with them. If not, we'll at least try an understand their position better.

Unless someone has an issue, Daisy and The Princess- and anyone else who wants to tag along- will go visit the Stoneguts' next day.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#56 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seems dangerous. :lol:

I guess I would like to get conformation on this from MR before we continue.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Crap. This is on me, isn't it.

The Princess

She looks less concerned for a moment, then: "Just the two of us? Travelling who knows how long in the jungle? I don't mean to sound...umm...princessy, but I'd prefer a larger retinue." She smiles nervously at the new Mayor. "Maybe that Hrothgar fellow? Or some of those adventurer types who came ashore? Probably no dwarves, though."

"But besides that, what gift are you preparing for the King? It's customary to bring a gift, or two when requesting an audience."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy's constant smile wilts when gifts are mentioned. Bless you, Princess. This is one of those situations where Ah don't even know how much Ah don't know- if ya'll see what Ah mean. You know how to get around in a Court. Do you have any ideas about a gift?

Of course, we're going to take along some other folks- Ah had thought of having some dwarfs in the group, hopin' it would help if we had some dwarven faces on our side.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy paces and mutters a bit, chewing at a thumbnail. We really hain't got much of anything. Maybe we can say that the warning about the kobolds is a gift? Beyond that, Ah don't know. Ah'll go talk to Nalissa at the Hi/Lo.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"It can be a complicated ritual. It needs to have value proportional to both your current status and also the status you desire. The gift announces your capability and power capability. Too low and you state that you are beneath them. Too high and you can be seen as a source of pillage."

She turns to look over the town. "I don't think we're in any danger of being pillaged."

"An item of magic is always safe. A cultural artifact as well. A local spirit is usually appreciated."

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”