The Saloon (OOC Thread)

Samwell Turleton
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Saloon (OOC Thread)

#21 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I wanted to let folks know that we will be joined by Urson soon.

I am excited that the game is growing and looking forward to seeing where that takes us!

How is everyone else doing?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson is a great player. He will be fun to play with in this world.

So far I am loving it, though I feel bad about accidentally blasting poor George in the back. Sorry Marullus!

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I don’t think you have to feel bad. George was hit by the handler’s shotgun. Your shot ricocheted into a handler. You can all blame me for the precarious situation you are in.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Urson »

Give me a break, BH! I'm blushing over here.
FA FO

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by jemmus »

Welcome, Urson!
Having a great time in this game. Really good posting all around.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by jemmus »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:41 pm You can say that again. I used to help my uncle at his place during the summer along with spring and fall breaks. He broke horses for a side job. I thought I was getting to ride a horse all the time, but they got greener and greener until the day he put me on one we barely got a saddle on and said good luck. Looking back I can see he was having me help him out but at the time I thought he had lost his mind towards the end. But I was probably the biggest person they would ever carry so it made quicker work of tiring them out. We both laugh about it now. I'll still never forget the day one of them bit me though. It was a young Bay Mustang (a real one!) named Tigger because he liked to jump straight up in the air with you. I was putting the reigns over the corral post and that horse tilted its head, and before I knew what he was doing, he bit a hunk right out of my armpit. Took about 2 months to heal and more antiseptic than I care to remember. I hated that horse!
Oh man. Yeah, animal bites can get nastily infected. Believe it or not, I was once bitten by a pet chimpanzee. The wound got so infected that it smelled. I'd put cologne on the bandage before I went to school.

A short horse story. As a kid I used to ride a horse named Queen Bee. She had that name because she was the boss of the horse barn. She was also kind of lazy and didn't like being ridden much, and she definitely knew 11-year-old me wasn't her boss. The last time I rode her she ran under a mesquite tree with low branches to knock me out of the saddle. It worked, I hit the dirt and got some good mesquite thorn scratches too.
PCs

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Urson - You are expanding my vocabulary post by post! Gleet is a new one for me.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Urson »

My brain is a constant slow swirl of weird, obscure facts and words. The only time I ever remeber hearing the word 'gleet' was on an episode of MASH. Col. Potter used it.
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Urson »

A couple of things this game reminds me of:

http://www.texarcana.com/
This was a comic that ran in Heavy Metal magazine during the early 80's. And, yes, this is where I got the name.

https://www.amazon.com/Belcher-Six-Gun- ... 190&sr=1-4
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Urson »

I didn't specify why 'Six Gun Tarot' seems appropriate- it's the first of 3 books set in the Wild West town of Golgotha. The Sherriff may or may not be a walking dead man of some kind, his deputy is a were-coyote, one of the older, more upstanding citizens is a member of a Divine Feminine- worshiping secret society of (functionally) ninjas, and the first book involves an attempt to bring a Lovecraftian Horror through to our plane.
Somehow, the author manages to make it hang together.
FA FO

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by jemmus »

Thanks for the Tex Arcana tip. I'm really enjoying it, especially the art. Six-Gun Tarot sounds good. But these days I mostly back to reading books that have pictures, like in elementary school. :)
PCs

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I apologize for my absence and I hope the long delay hasn't dampened your interest! Let me know if you want a summary of what was happening to help get back into the story.

I used to have two nice breaks in the day when my kid was napping and we have reached an age where those naps are no longer happening. I haven't really figured out when I can be consistent about making posts with that change to my schedule. I will figure something out because this outlet has been really helpful for bringing a little creative break into my week.

Hope you are all doing well!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Urson »

I had wondered if there was a real problem. Glad to see you back.
Having kids is always a work in progress. I'm not worried about it.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Bluehorse »

Samwell Turleton wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:13 pm I apologize for my absence and I hope the long delay hasn't dampened your interest! Let me know if you want a summary of what was happening to help get back into the story.

I used to have two nice breaks in the day when my kid was napping and we have reached an age where those naps are no longer happening. I haven't really figured out when I can be consistent about making posts with that change to my schedule. I will figure something out because this outlet has been really helpful for bringing a little creative break into my week.

Hope you are all doing well!
No worries man! I think we are all parents or have been, so don't sweat it. Got a 7yo and a 10yo myself. Both boys and huge for their age. My only worry is one day they will realize they are bigger than me! LOL! I'm 6'5" and my 10yo is already up to my shoulder. One big kid!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Marullus »

My wife and I still mourn the day when naps ended... And it was seven years ago. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Marullus »

How are things going?

*hug*

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I appreciate the messages everyone!

I don’t have a clear idea of when I will have the time to get back into posting. I am balancing child care and working full-time. Hopefully the new year will bring a little more opportunity for me to jump back in.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by thenewflesh »

We'll be here!

Return to “Casketlands (Apocalypse World)”