(Waitlist) Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e) (Open)

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:I'd like to join the madness.
You're in.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by LordKane77 »

Count me in! I apologize in advance for being new. I've been led to believe that perhaps everyone else has characters already rolled, as such, I guess that would be nice to know to pick mine? Do you we do that here?

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by jemmus »

I'm sorry, I didn't get any notifications about replies to this thread until today. You guys are probably well along into to game by now, so unless you need an extra player, I'll step out.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by LordKane77 »

Speaking of being new, how do you "find out things" here? For example, I created a post above that I wanted in. I also sent a PM to dmw71 to let him know. Is that ideal? If I am replied to, how am I notified?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Marullus »

Hi LordKane77 and welcome!

Posting on an open recruiting thread and/or sending a private message are both good and acceptable techniques. If you post in a thread, I'll often also go to the top of the page and click "Subscribe Thread" to get notified of replies in your email. If there's a reply to a PM, you get notified by email automatically.

For this particular thread:
  • The previous post on this recruiting thread was from 2020, so 14 months ago, and the game is already a year into play. Without a post from dmw71, I'm not sure if it is intentionally open (and he's accepting new PCs) or if that was just left open accidentally.
  • Another player, Torkill, was added to the forum as a new player about three weeks ago (and is in the process of making a character), so it might be that this IS actually open to recruiting new PCs.
  • dmw71 did post to let us know that he's got a trifecta of real life problems right now (work issues, home/medical emergency, and broken internet connectivity). He's just not online right now, particularly the last five days. So, we can't clarify the above until he's back.
  • The story (where a random teleporter drops aspiring adventurers into the Mad Mage's dungeon) definitely accommodates new PCs joining the game. So, it's really up to the GM's bandwidth as to if he can accommodate more, especially given a fluxuating RL circumstances.
If you have free time and want to read the adventure so far, you can access Dungeon Level 1 in read-only fashion and see this adventure-so-far. (If dmw71 is recruiting, he'll grant write access and you then make a character... in which case knowing the story so far is a good idea!)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by dmw71 »

Thank you, Marullus. What you said above is spot on.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Computer +1 »

If this is still open then I am interested in joining.

I have in idea about playing a scholarly magic user who is interested in visiting Undermountain as research for a dissertation. Or maybe a book. Several publishers are interested....

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Marullus »

I like it. The group already contains an artist with a sketch-easel capturing iconography for posterity each short rest. :) She'd be glad for an author with publishers!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Computer +1 »

Well, I mean, ummmmm, potentially interested in publishing. I mean I have spoken to several but, well, you know how this goes....

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 pm If this is still open then I am interested in joining.
Sure thing... but I'll probably change the status to 'waitlist' after this.

I set you up with a private forum -- Computer +1 -- so let's discuss the game, your character, getting you introduced, etc... there.

And here.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Looking for players or games”