Quest #29 “Raiders of the Lost Obelisk”

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #29 “Raiders of the Lost Obelisk”

#1281 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes throws his hands up in delight. "Why yes of course Chwee! I was hoping you'd say that. Let me tell my friends". He turns to the others.

"Chwee is going to travel with us everybody! I think we should make a very big, loud, fuss about that right now, because they're about to discover our dirty laundry! And we wouldn't want that now, would we?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1282 Post by Urson »

Luther

Luther speaks very fast, hoping that Chwee won't be able to understand him.

Ifwepretendwedidn'tknowshestherewe'reintheclear His smile is big and genuine, and he waves his arms at random, apparently very happy
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1283 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Taking the cue from Wes, Chauncey springs into action: "Ah!! Chwee will accompany us, you say? Haha! Splendid! Perhaps he'd prefer riding to walking?! I'll summon a Disposable Mule for our guest companion, forthwith!" he says a bit over-loudly.

"Pardon me, sirs, just need to make a mule there... I'll just need a bit of room to work... Yes, just there..." he says to the uncomprehending guards. Aiming for a spot between them and where he believes Bonny to be he conjures the mule. The earth churns as it builds itself out of the very clay, rising and taking shape in layers like an anatomical model miraculously assembling itself, all the while accompanied by a sound like nothing so much as a donkey braying in reverse, if said animal were trapped in a rock tumbler. He hopes this will provide enough distraction for Bonnie to skeedaddle unnoticed.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1284 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger shifts his weight from one foot to the other, gazing placidly around them. He begins singing an "old westcountry tune" beneath his breath, then projects it toward where he believes Bonnie to be. He lays on the brogue to keep a non-native speaker from easily discerning his words.

"If I were a rogue, I'd run away
Hide my face and think someday--
That I should stop making enemies
And telling tall tales no one believes.

Oh, fee diddly oh all the day-o...

Were I a lassie fair and spry
I'd run through the greenwood by and by
And find a spot to lay a while
Until these gentlefolk pass by.

Oh, fee diddly oh all the day-o..."

He continues humming quietly, transitioning to an old melody from his childhood.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1285 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bonnie

Now you're just making problems for your amusement! :lol:

Once again, Bonnie is judged and found guilty of something and cast off into the jungle. She slinks off into the private threads of the jungle, where she belongs.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1286 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

Grimm nods quickly at Luther's "sentence", looking at Wes for a second and then doing as if he's just... passing the time, nodding while looking at the treetops and whatever.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1287 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Ruse
Godsday, 23rd of Goodmonth
Late Morning, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

The phanaton seem startled by the sudden overreaction from the group, but they remain calm despite the unforeseen uproar. As Cealwyn sings and Chauncey begins his spell, Chwee nods to the others and they step in closer to where Bonnie just was. Though none of you can see her, it appears that she picked up on the hints and has already fled that area.

The phanaton look around at the thick foliage, watching as a few branches move and ground plants are somehow trampled of their own accord. They are about to follow the strange anomaly when Chauncey's disposable mud mule suddenly appears, distracting them from the chase and occupying their attention completely. All 7 of the tree dwellers seem both confused and amazed by the adequate conjuring and the horrible noises that announced its appearance.

Actions?

Luther AC3 13/30
Grimm AC5 9/10
Wes AC7 16/34 first 5/6 second 0/4 third 3/3 SWA:5
Chauncey AC8 10/26 CL, DM, RM first 2/3 second 1/2 Mount:300
Mr. Wrenly AC7 4/4
Cealwyn AC3 19/19

Bonnie AC3 1/17 (Invisible)

overall map: http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... 77#p366477

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1288 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"There you go Chwee!", says Wes, trying to act as if all this was perfectly normal behavior. "Everyone is delighted to have you along. Chauncey has just conjured up a...mule...for you to ride along with us for a while, if you wish".

"As you can see, we're a bit banged up right now. I would imagine we'll be in town for at least three or four days to rest up. What do you think, fellas?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1289 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"Yes, of course." Says Grimm, still tense from the whole situation. Then he drops his shoulders in feigned exaggerated exhaustion.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1291 Post by Urson »

Luther
Yeah- about that long...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1292 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Ruse Works?
Late Morning, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

Chauncey smiles wide, standing there waving his arm towards his most recent creation. "Hmmmm? Hmmmmmmmm?" The mule does not seem impressed in the least.

Chwee answers Wes in his own language again. "I will need to make arrangements, check with our leader, and let my family know what I am doing. Can I meet you out in the jungle somewhere once you are ready to leave your town again? At the wooden structure in the clearing ahead, perhaps?"

With no other signs or smells of Bonnie around anymore, the other phanaton seem to relax a bit, staring at the mud mule with confused expressions on their cute little faces.

Actions?

Luther AC3 13/30
Grimm AC5 9/10
Wes AC7 16/34 first 5/6 second 0/4 third 3/3 SWA:4
Chauncey AC8 10/26 CL, DM, RM first 2/3 second 1/2 Mount:299
Mr. Wrenly AC7 4/4
Cealwyn AC3 19/19 (Cursed)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1293 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Absolutely Chwee, of course. We all have to make our own arrangements. We will see you in a few days out by the wooden shack." Wes smiles and gives a little wave to the Phanaton as each group goes their separate ways.

Once the party has moved a hundred yards or so up the trail. Wes wipes his brow and turns to the others. "That was a close call. Thanks to all of you for your quick thinking. And...er... our friend, if you can hear me, thank you for your part too. We should all be safe and enjoying a grog in the Treehouse soon."

"Maybe we can figure out how to accommodate Chwee then."

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1294 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

Cealwyn falls into his customary position at the rear and keeps a close watch as they travel.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1295 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther makes no comment, just moves to the front and leads on down the trail.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1296 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

The dwarf sighs in relief once the phanaton are leaving. "That was close. I was already feeling the sweat down my back. You could've told them we're pretty battered and want to get home quickly! But it was fine. Let's go." He looks around, probably for naught. "Where's she?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1297 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Home At Last
Late Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

With the green sphere secured safely on his person, Wes urges the group forward after making arrangements with Chwee to meet them at the loggers shack in "a few days".

Chauncey hops up on his mule after the phanaton depart, not one to waste perfectly good magic.

There is no sign of Bonnie along the remainder of their journey back to Baechtown. After several more hours of travel, the trip goes by without any further incident.

Actions?

This group arrives back in town 2 days before the dwarf killing incident in the other thread, giving each of you a couple days to do whatever you would like before the proverbial poop hits the proverbial fan. If there is anything your character needs to do in this downtime, I would appreciate it if you took care of that right away before the next party arrives. If you need several days of recovery or spell research or whatever before leaving town again, that is fine with me. But if you are still around when the dwarves arrive, you will all likely be caught up in that mess as well. That decision is completely up to you.

I will get the XP thread worked out for you and I will leave this thread in place for any who might want to use it to organize your next foray into the jungle. Since the next group is already weeks ahead of this arrival timewise, it would help me greatly if you were quick with these next decisions. Thanks!

Luther AC3 13/30
Grimm AC5 9/10
Wes AC7 16/34 first 5/6 second 0/4 third 3/3
Chauncey AC8 10/26 CL, DM, RM first 2/3 second 1/2
Mr. Wrenly AC7 4/4
Cealwyn AC3 19/19 (Cursed)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1298 Post by OGRE MAGE »

XP awards are posted here: viewtopic.php?p=558613#p558613

I know CP has been AWOL for a while now, but I don't want that to lead to the rest of you sitting on your hands until he posts again.

If there is anything your character wants to do, please speak up!

If that includes heading off to another group or doing something completely different than what you think Chauncey will want to do, that's fine.

I have serious doubts that some of you will be going out with Bonnie again, and that is fine too. We must all sleep in the beds we make, as the old saying goes. MR knows the consequences of his actions and has never had a problem finding something to do here on the island after being expelled from other groups.

Right now Wes has the activation sphere, which is obviously the key to furthering this action. So in the absence of CP, I am perfectly fine with Wes or anyone else organizing this next phase of the explorations.

The sooner we get things done here in town, the sooner the group will be engaged in some new action again.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1299 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Oh, you know things will get boring without Bonnie. You should all go visit a dragon with her. :D

I want to visit the dragon and further exploration of these obelisks. Which means going back to the temple?

Bonnie stays invisible during her stay in town, but she does chat with her former party members to inform them of her plans.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1300 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:38 pm I want to visit the dragon and further exploration of these obelisks. Which means going back to the temple?
It does? Maybe she better stick with Chauncey after all. :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”