Quest #29 “Raiders of the Lost Obelisk”

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #29 “Raiders of the Lost Obelisk”

#1301 Post by Jernau35 »

I have to admit I'm still a bit hazy on how the obilisks are activated. Is it by putting the sphere in the sconce at the temple? If so, then Wes would be would be fine with leading an expedition back there. (Unless somebody else wants to take a turn as group leader? Which might be appropriate given what I'm about to suggest below.).

Wes' first main task on returning to town will be to study the Druid Book and attempt to master it's contents.

Another thing that would concern him would be the move to Clifftown. Ideally he'd like to be involved in it's founding, since it involves clearing a patch of virgin forest. But he can't be everywhere :lol:

But...the monster on the beach between the two locations is a problem. Since this group are "The Baddest Hombres West of the Dutty" :cool: , maybe we could try and do something about it? It's the kind of short mission we could be ready for in a couple of days and accomplish in a few hours.

OM - this isn't actually a blatant grab for XP like Maag and the beaver hunt :lol: . I don't think Wes actually needs it.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1303 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I wrote up a tutorial on the functions of the spheres and the circle symbol for those who aren’t sure how it all worked.

Hopefully it clears things up a little.

viewtopic.php?p=558710#p558710

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1304 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:44 pm But...the monster on the beach between the two locations is a problem. Since this group are "The Baddest Hombres West of the Dutty" :cool: , maybe we could try and do something about it? It's the kind of short mission we could be ready for in a couple of days and accomplish in a few hours.

OM - this isn't actually a blatant grab for XP like Maag and the beaver hunt :lol: . I don't think Wes actually needs it.
Riiiiiight! :D

Luther has already expressed interest in catching up with the Clifftown crew, so that could be an option for anyone else as well. That would offer two days of downtime to do with as you will.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1305 Post by Jernau35 »

That might be our best bet for now. With Bonnie out, and assuming everyone else stays together, we're down to Luther, Wes, Grimm, Chauncey and Cealwyn. I don't think that's strong enough to head deeper into the jungle to find the next location that activates the next two obilisks.

We either need to get a bit more XP to level up, (Chauncey with 3rd Level spells would be a real force multiplier) or bring in a couple of more PCs.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1306 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm will follow Wes. I don't care about downtime right now. Just want to get those hp back and head out for the next adventure!

Concerning Bonnie, I want MR to know that it doesn't have to do with him, it's just Grimm with Bonnie. He just wants to... survive :lol: The relationship between Elnaerel and The Princess is far different, as an example (Hell, The Princess saved her life!).

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1307 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Oof! Sorry, guys. RL jumped up and got me there for a bit.

Chauncey is, of course, obsessed with the spheres and obelisks and the secrets they ostensibly conceal. But would be quite willing to participate in a monster hunting expedition led by Wes (or anyone else) if that means future help in dealing with the obelisks. Plus, Wes has the green sphere... :)

He's also interested in talking to that dragon as a possible fount of obelisk knowledge, but at the moment it takes a back seat to the bird in hand (the green sphere).

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1308 Post by ChubbyPixie »

For down time, while he rests up for a few days, Chauncey would like to start a child labor ring, recruiting village children to fashion tiny clay figurines in the shapes of hands for use in his spell Earthen Grasp. He'll pay them a copper piece each! Gainful employment.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1309 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther rests for the first day- just bathing in the ocean, sleeping in the sun, scratching where it itches, etc. He'll make an abortive attempt at seducing one of the village women- and fail (she doesn't like hairy dudes).
When he hears about the plan to go start a new village at Clifftown, he'll be all in. He digs up his cache of tools and adds them to the workmen's gear- and makes plans to join the expedition when it rolls out. He avoids Daisy as much as possible- his experience with halflings isn't great. Most of the ones I've known have been lazy little scuts who drink too much and fuck like rabbits. If this Sister Daisy can run the town- and do it right- more power to her.

When the crew heads down the beach, Luther will be geared up and ready to go.

Luther's toolkit
Camp Axe
Shovel
handsaw
workman's hammer
stonecutter's chisel
carpenter's chisel
Donated 'to the cause'
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1310 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome! Really helpful information from everyone here!

So it looks like this so far...

Bonnie would like to go back to the native village and introduce her friends to the dragon she claims to know. Her secondary interests involve going back out to find more obelisks.

Cealwyn would go along to meet the dragon, or get involved with hunting the sea monster on the beach.

Wes wants to coordinate a group willing to go kill the sea monster on the beach, but is also willing to aid the first phase of the Clifftown founding.

Grimm has agreed to go along with Wes.

Luther has already decided that he will be catching up with Mayor Daisy and the Cliftown founders.

Chauncey wants to seek out the next obelisk or find out what the left square on the circle symbol might be. His secondary plans might include killing the sea monster or going with Bonnie to see this dragon, respectively.

It seems there is at least some agreement from a few of you, so please feel free to proclaim your intentions from what you see above and decide who will go where.

Once I see enough interest in a new mission, I will start up some new mission threads for you.

Here are the current stats after 2 nights of rest. (4hp recovered ea.) I have not received word of any adjustments for leveling, so none of that has been added yet.

If Wes wants to heal anyone in the meantime, I will need to see those rolls.

Luther AC3 17/30
Grimm AC5 10/10
Wes AC7 20/34 first 6/6 second 4/4 third 3/3
Chauncey AC8 14/26 CL, DM, RM first 3/3 second 2/2
Mr. Wrenly AC7 4/4
Cealwyn AC3 19/19 (Cursed)
Bonnie AC3 5/17 (Invisible)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1311 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes spends most of the two days studying the book of druidical lore that was discovered in the temple. When he takes a break, he uses his Speak with Animals spells to aid him in teaching his new parrot to speak. (He saves a couple of spells to top up the town's water if necessary). His more powerful magic, as usual, goes towards curing any of the town folk with diseases, and helping the farmers' crops grow. He also uses the Shalm's magic to heal his fellow party members.

In the evening he stops by the Treehouse to discuss the details of killing the tentacle monster that is blocking the beach to the east.

I'll post the healing results when I can access the dice roller.

Edited for several errant apostrophes. Re-reading was like being stabbed in the eyes. Argh.
Last edited by Jernau35 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1312 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ChubbyPixie wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm For down time, while he rests up for a few days, Chauncey would like to start a child labor ring, recruiting village children to fashion tiny clay figurines in the shapes of hands for use in his spell Earthen Grasp. He'll pay them a copper piece each! Gainful employment.
Chauncey finds a few willing children to create his tiny hands for him, but none of them possess much in the way of artistic talent, causing the hands to resemble less than adequate thanksgiving day turkeys.

The mage ends up crafting so many of them by himself to demonstrate to the children, that he may as well sculpt them all himself.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1313 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 pm Wes

Wes spends most of the two days studying the book of druidical lore that was discovered in the temple. When he takes a break, he uses his Speak with Animal's spells to aid him in teaching his new parrot to speak. (He saves a couple of spells to top up the town's water if necessary). His more powerful magic, as usual goes towards curing any of the town folk with diseases, and helping the farmer's crops grow. He also uses the Shalms magic to heal his fellow party members.

In the evening he stops by the Treehouse to discuss the details of to killing the tentacle monster that is blocking the beach to the east.

I'll post the healing results when I can access the dice roller.
As usual, several townies flock to the side of Wes once he returns to Beachtown. They walk along with him, touching his robes and telling him about what has happened while he was away, mostly informing him about the precarious situation with the upset Stonegut dwarves.

He wins several more of the common folk over with his help with the crops and creating more fresh water for them to use. He cures a few more sick folks as well, garnering the druid even more praise from the Beachtowners.

None of this attention is lost on the other members of his group, especially Chauncey.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1314 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:41 pm Luther
Luther rests for the first day- just bathing in the ocean, sleeping in the sun, scratching where it itches, etc. He'll make an abortive attempt at seducing one of the village women- and fail (she doesn't like hairy dudes).
When he hears about the plan to go start a new village at Clifftown, he'll be all in. He digs up his cache of tools and adds them to the workmen's gear- and makes plans to join the expedition when it rolls out. He avoids Daisy as much as possible- his experience with halflings isn't great. Most of the ones I've known have been lazy little scuts who drink too much and fuck like rabbits. If this Sister Daisy can run the town- and do it right- more power to her.

When the crew heads down the beach, Luther will be geared up and ready to go.

Luther's toolkit
Camp Axe
Shovel
handsaw
workman's hammer
stonecutter's chisel
carpenter's chisel
Donated 'to the cause'
As Luther whiles away the next two days, scratching himself in the comfort of town, he notices a young child, always from a distance, watching him as he swims and rests. Any attempt made to approach this curious child is thwarted when the young boy takes off running or successfully hides from the bear-like human. Anyone else watching the boy watching the man notices a distinct resemblance to Luther, as if it could be some kind of distant relative or something.

I will bring Luther into the Clifftown thread once I find out who is all going where. Feel free to react to any of this stuff in the meantime.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1315 Post by Jernau35 »

I've just read the latest Clifftown thread. Wes will head out with Luther when he does.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1316 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm too.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1317 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:20 pm I've just read the latest Clifftown thread. Wes will head out with Luther when he does.
Are you planning on going along to the river as well? Or just fighting the alleged sea monster for now?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1318 Post by Jernau35 »

It was tempting to send him along to the river. Especially when I realized that, of everyone heading in that direction, Wes is the only one who has actually been across the river. But if people are building a ferry and clearing trees to build houses, there isn't much his magic can do to help. And they probably don't need a druid watching while they do that kind of stuff :lol:

So he's just going along to fight the monster.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1319 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes is now 5th Level, so he has five 2nd level spells. Therefore five CLWs to distribute each day. Since Cealwyn doesn't need any, and Grimm can be healed by natural rest, he'll distribute the spells like this:

DAY 1:

Chauncey
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=1
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3

Luther

Wes
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3

That :SAN: Dice Roller! :roll:

OGRE MAGE