OOC Discussion

Marullus
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#21 Post by AleBelly »

Have fun camping! I need to get back to the mountains myself...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Marullus »

Out of town with my wife for a bit. May be able to update from my phone, otherwise I will post updates on Saturday. Keep role-playing amongst yourselves until then. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Marullus »

Holy Cow. I really HATE killing you guys. :oops: You have done SUCH a great job roleplaying your characters. I love the work you're doing so far. Thanks for making this fun (you know, deaths aside).

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by greyarea »

Deaths (sometimes interesting) are what makes a DCC funnel fun! I'm loving it so far.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Marullus »

Glad to hear it! :D

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Faanku »

Are we free to edit our character sheets from the level 0 format now, or is there a way you'd prefer them to be presented?
As for class choices, Kinnard seems a good fit as either Warrior or Cleric depending on what you guys choose.
Thorhall grabs Tyv's small chest
If only he were alive to enjoy it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Marullus »

Good question!

Let's make a new thread for level 1.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Samwell Turleton »

To let you know - I am moving across the country in a little bit. I am packing now, probably without internet for a few days in a couple of days, then moving, and will be there around the 17th of July. I may have some opportunity to participate in the forums but probably safer to proceed without me or play my parts for me for that little bit. I will try to get some ideas together for characters that make it.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by greyarea »

Good luck with your move!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by AleBelly »

Yes, good luck with the move! And also wanted to say this game has been a blast so far. Y'all are great players (and of course Marullus doing A-1 job as GM)

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Thank you!

I agree - this is a great group and I am really looking forward to see what each of you come up with next.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by greyarea »

greyarea wrote:Casper the dwarven blacksmith continues ...

hammer (as club) [1d20-2] = 16-2 = 14 dmg [1d4-2] = 1-2 = -1
Impressive damage. That must be a hammer of healing.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Marullus »

How is everyone doing?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Faanku »

What's the DC for the last Fort save Pegg has to make?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Marullus »

Sorry!

DC 8. If you fail, take 1d4 damage.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by AleBelly »

Marullus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 am How is everyone doing?
Doing OK. Heavy workload thanks to COVID. This is a nice way to restore some sanity!

Looking forward to Chapter 2!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:33 pm Sorry!

DC 8. If you fail, take 1d4 damage.
Faanku, on second thought, just play on. That won't do enough damage to slow Pegg down and I'm allowing you to heal when you rest at the end of the scene anyway. Just RP her taking a blow and move forward to the Chapter 2 roleplay (including what you do with the kobold!)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Marullus »

Yep, quarantine is ending and work is picking up pace again. So, I'm less of a daily poster and making big posts takes some concerted time that I need to schedule. (You'll probably see it on a weekend.)

I'm pretty square on where we're heading for Chapter 2 at this point and resolved myself that you're in two groups diverging at this step. :) I haven't gotten to audit character sheets, so I appreciate if you help each other out with questions. I'll make whatever calls I'm asked to, but trust you all.

On the question of PCs, I'm okay with 1 or 2 in a group. Your choice if you want to to play 1 or 2, and if you want to play in both groups. I am okay with unused PCs fading to the background and don't intend to actively play any of the NPCs.

That also means that the following characters can be converted to PCs at this juncture before they fade away:
  • Ylves the Thief / Locksmith's daughter (and her tools)
  • Melikii (Saral's wife)
  • Neptisiss (Saral's daughter)
  • Janiiss (Saral's son)
  • Sailor #1
  • Sailor #2
  • Scruffy Northman (former prisoner)
  • Braided Sailor (former prisoner)
  • Matted Dwarf (former prisoner)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

Long week, work and a family crisis. All is okay and hopefully resolved. I have a few weeks at home as we prepare for and begin my daughter's virtual school. This may result in more updates (hopefully not less).

How is everyone else doing?

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by redwarrior »

I'm doing good.
In all honesty, and I feel a bit guilty for saying this, but the last 6 months have been personally awesome for me. I have a very stable job, so no income loss -in fact, income and savings gain, a little traction on my side hustle and starting a second side hustle in a few weeks. Restarted gaming right before this started. think I'm in 6-7 (waiting to see if one restarts after a hiatus and the the chat feature here going away) games of various sorts. Just kicked the Hobgoblin's ass in a Marvel Superheroes game this morning. :-)

For me, the loss of a commute and retirement from the reserves has given me an absolute gift of time to do a lot of my "someday, maybe" things. It took a while for me to really grasp that, but now that I have... Next up, depending on how much time second side hustle actually soaks up, looking to start learning Latin. Because how else do you summon demons?

Luckily, I don't directly know IRL anyone who has been directly impacted by the virus or the riots/protests. That said, know a lot of people in the virtual world who have, and when I get out and drive (at least a couple times a week), the number of places that I see that have not just shut down for the duration, but have clearly gone OUT of businesses. I really fear for the state of the country for the next 5-8 years as it digs out from all this. And especially my state (Washington, the other one.), I think it's going to be a nasty decade...

Return to “The Fires of Wrath (DCC)”