The Fellowship

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Fellowship

#1 Post by wolfpack »

The two parties stand in the temple of Rongo.

Townspeople all stop and turn to look at the two heavily armed and armored groups, something not common in their small city.

Maxim the High priests second stands with one group and waves the other over.

I believe you all should talk, I will take you to a private area

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Fellowship

#2 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

"You'll have to pardon my seemingly uncouth nature but it has been a hard days trekking to get here. Now with Rongo being so venerated for all things fertile, crops and hops, I'll be hoping the good lord has seen fit to spare a flagon of ale and perhaps a little cornbread."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Following the priest, acknowledging the other party: Not sure what is going on here but I am Ruthgar Cass, Curate of Tyr, I will let me esteemed colleagues introduce themselves.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar eyes the other half-elf thinking back to something from his past "I am Balasar Qinro, fighting mage. Second born of my father. Just returned from fighting off some cultists and heard the news."

Sarin wonders why he is being eyed by the half-elf wearing a robe over armor. "I am Sarin, we came here from afar seeking to locate a leader of a cult named Cillian. Another church in another city sent us here. We arrived not long ago and had to help fight cultists and demons in this very temple."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

maxim signals for some food and drink to be brought and joins you in a room separate from the main worship area.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"I am Hildr, Priestess of Odin and sister of Sarin. The two of us and Felix were sent here in pursuit of a demon worshiper named Cillian. We were joined by Xanthe in the fight to protect this temple of Rongo from demons."

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by redwarrior »

Phil walks up to the new group, sayingI am Phillonious, a warrior, you may call me Phil. Tell me, did you keep them from the cursed gem?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Xanthe

"Xanthe, messenger of Hermes. I was present in this temple when it came under attack by demons. We were able to repel them but at great cost. I have joined this group" waves towards Hildr, Sarin and Felix, "to right the wrong done here and prevent future destruction."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Storm11 »

Storm enters and tries to catch his breath from all the running.

The small elf adjusts his robes and leans upon a pillar.

Storm .... he gasps. Magi ....... then he waves and sits in a pew to recover.

So it IS gone then? he asks the temple clerics once he can talk again.
Greys Campaign.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by spanningtree »

Last edited by spanningtree on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by spanningtree »

spanningtree wrote:Ruthgar:
Rex wrote:Hildr

I am Hildr, Priestess of Odin
Walks forward and offers a hand: Sister (with the greatest respect), we have many questions and have our own answers to yours. Lets take time to knit things together.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Darklin2 »

Felix

I am Felix. Well met. I am a warrior and Mage. Hopefully you had better luck stopping the demons than we did. Everything went bad here. 2 turkey demons, tons of fat drooling blubber demons and some hot shot in Red plate with wings and horns.

Shakes his head.

We were out numbered and out magiced. We all would have fallen if the Red One wanted to fight.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin shakes his head "We did our best to try and stop them from getting the box with the stone but the red armored one teleported almost seamingly at will. A lot of good men died in the fight, and more were left injured. We had the aid of the temple's very own guards and priests."

Balasar listens to the retelling of the fight in this very temple and looks to Felix "Well met sir Felix we are but two of a kind. Perhaps you would be interested in sharing some spells with Storm and myself."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

at the question of the stone Maxim sighs and shakes his head.

It is gone. Somehow a demon opened a portal into our inner sanctum and brought with him a small army. We tried to stop him and lost many brothers in the process. The high priest believes the only way he could have opened a portal there is by drawing on the power of the other stone.

The one you brought us was still locked tight in its box. in fact the demon started to burn when he touched it but manged to get it into a sck.

We are hopeful that even though he has taken it he will be unable to remove the box.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

"Great let's stay hopeful," he says while munching on a buttered corn cob.

"Demons sure diligent though. Suppose he finds a way. Gets into the box and lays his hand upon these 'stones of power'. Then what? I mean reading that diary sounds like we got a demonic inter-war going. Pazuzu wants to best Orcus, that devil wants to stay top of the undead pyramid of bones. Does stopping this ritual defeat one but aid another? Seems to me best let them fight it out themselves."

Saxony offers some pragmatic thoughts.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

it is our belief that through some demonic means these stones can be used together to power a gateway that will allow pazuzu and his demons to enter the world directly not just as an avatar.

When demons and devils enter our world it is just as a form of their true selves, when they are killed their form here dies, but the true demon still resides in the lower planes. demons true forms are far more powerful that what we face here in our world.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Storm11 »

Storm nods as the clergy speaks. Seems risky that they would want to chance entering this plane for good. One things for sure. We are not powerful enough to go up against actual demons of consequence.
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by wolfpack »

If they open a portal to allow them flow freely into our world then all would be lost I am afraid, there are millions upon millions of them.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Storm11 »

But why would they want to come here permanently?
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by wolfpack »

he shrugs

to have a world to dominate, to ravage and destroy for the love of chaos, because they need living beings to make undead,

I am not demon lord so can not know his mind. Although I imagine such a gateway would work both ways and they could come and go as they please and would not be locked here.

this is all speculation you understand

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”