Re: OOC

#281 Post by Rex »

Dice roller didn't favor me tonight.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#282 Post by redwarrior »

Has the eye used its detect magic for the day? Do we want to use now, on the chance of magic armor? Or do we just want to carry what we can? I kind of think we should hold off until we have more stuff to scan, unless someone has also memorized detect magic as a spell. Does the party know about Xanthe's bag of holding? Even if not magical, I would hate to leave the plate. But I don't want to carry it either.... I suspect the battle axe is magical - the prospect of which has Phil salivating.

What time of night is it? Do our once daily item effects reset at midnight or dawn?

Lotsa questions. :geek:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by wolfpack »

The eye has not been used for the day as You spent a day traveling. xanthe has informed the group about her bag as she put the extra containment boxes in it. It is late around 11 pm. Effects reset at dawn (a new day)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by wolfpack »

Rex wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:32 pm Hildr

What are Hildr's new XP? I don't have time now but will update her sheet tonight after work.
4,500 3rd level 1/2 way to 4th

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Rex »

Thanks, I will get her updated.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Rex »

Sheet updated.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#287 Post by redwarrior »

Metagaming ahead:
So, I'm kinda torn on Allan's offer of the lesser healing potions.

On the one hand, we have 3 fighters under 10 HP (Phil, Sarin, Xanthe) and 3 potions - and 1 currently right at 10 (Sax). Using them before watch would make it much more likely that they could each take at least 1 melee hit without going down. Which could be key to surviving the night.

OTOH, given the house rule that any healing takes you to 1hp, it makes a lot of sense to hold those lesser potions as "reserve" healing for characters that go negative.

OTOOH, It would be really nice to see the party get up to full strength before pressing on - especially if there are more exploding undead. But I don't know if that's even possible with ALL of our on-hand healing, depending on how the dicebot goes. And if we use all our healing first thing, then we have none left for emergencies, making for a really cautious day.

If I thought we could do it, I would almost argue for returning to the inn and healing for a couple days... But pretty sure there will be a REAL guard mount next time we pass that way.

Thoughts?

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#288 Post by Darklin2 »

Spend time healing here with the door closed. Nothing will come in here if they still think the Wraith (Or what ever it was) is here.

Magic healing (Potions) should be saved for emergencies. We are in an area where there can be ancient undead so they will be more powerful. Heal up with rest and Clerical healing before going on is my vote.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Stirling »

How long do we wait here? Until healing spells can be cast? It takes a long time and I feel we are already behind schedule.

Saxony will offer scout further if folk want to wait behind.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#290 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I agree on saving potions but I also agree it would be nice if we were all back or as close to full HP before pressing forward.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by spanningtree »

I vote to rest as well, we could easily overextend ourselves without sufficient healing. Otherwise we are carrying our dead and operating at a very reduced effectiveness. Also, it is not just healing spells that increase the groups ability to engage. I am not saying time is not an issue but at the end of the day success probably depends on "all hands" on board and running optimally.

Also, did I miss something? Is there another entrance/location anticipated in the other foot?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#292 Post by redwarrior »

I don't think we have any reason to think we have any mission in the other foot, though that could change.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Rex »

At this point I don't think we have any reason to suspect the other foot but who knows what the future holds.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by wolfpack »

Sorry I have not been as active this week. We moved my daughter into her apartment for college this week and yesterday we started replacing pour flooring with vinyl planking.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Rex »

No problem, family first.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#296 Post by redwarrior »

yay for college! It's nice to see/hear anything that's even a little bit normal!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by wolfpack »

redwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:37 pm yay for college! It's nice to see/hear anything that's even a little bit normal!
well not so normal.

originally she was supposed to be playing volleyball this fall and had one class on campus he rest online. now they have canceled fall sports and moved all her classe sonline.

we had already signed the lease for the apartment however.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#298 Post by redwarrior »

wolfpack wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:45 pm
redwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:37 pm yay for college! It's nice to see/hear anything that's even a little bit normal!
well not so normal.

originally she was supposed to be playing volleyball this fall and had one class on campus he rest online. now they have canceled fall sports and moved all her classe sonline.

we had already signed the lease for the apartment however.
Oof.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by ravenn4544 »

I am in the same boat. My daughter's college made the decision to have hybrid classes and we signed the lease - then they changed it to all virtual. Under their FAQ was an area for people that had signed off-campus leases. Their suggestion? Try and sublet. Really? That annoys me to no end really.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by wolfpack »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 pm I am in the same boat. My daughter's college made the decision to have hybrid classes and we signed the lease - then they changed it to all virtual. Under their FAQ was an area for people that had signed off-campus leases. Their suggestion? Try and sublet. Really? That annoys me to no end really.
yeah it sucks, with no sport or class she would have stayed home and saved us a lot of money

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”