KNO: 2D | Skills:
MECH: 3D | Skills: Navigation +1 Heavy Weapons +1
PER: 3D+1 | Skills: Gambling +2 Hide/Sneak +2 Search +2
STR: 3D+1 | Skills: Brawling +1 Climb/Jump +2 Lifting +1 Stamina +2 Swiming +1
TECH: 3D

Talents:
Teleportation (Moderate)
Hyper Perception (Minor)

I was thinking he'd be 24, I'm not sure what a proper rank for him would be but I don't really see him in a commander role.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: WW2 Supers d6: OOC

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think there was a goof up on the Hair and eye color for Wade MacGyver he has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Despite the two names i mashed together both being blonde hair and blue eyes.

Wade Wilson & Angus MacGyver.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by max_vale »

Hey fellas; sigh....another day I had planned to do more....and sadly, ran out of time....sorry for the delay...HOPEFULLY I can get some good stuff up this by/during the weekend!

Hadarai: Teddy looks good; if you can think of a Minor Quirk for the Teleportation power (always happens with a flash of light or "Pop" sound or something) let me know....also, at 24 he'd probably be either a PFC about to be promoted to Corporal or a Corporal who just got promoted to that rank....

Greywolf: Sorry about that....I'll fix the character description here shortly....
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Hadarai »

Sounds good! How about the teleportation sounds like a whip cracking and leaves a smell of ozone in the area?
GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No worries Max I thought I goofed up somewhere and said brown and brown. Appreciate the fix when you are able to do so. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Zhym »

I'm heading out of town this weekend, so I may not get a chance to post until Monday or so. I don't expect the game will be running by then, but I wanted to let you know.

(I know, I know — travelling, now? But I'm driving, and we're going to a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. We'll be more socially distant than we are here in our townhouse.)
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok, Marvin will change a few skills and traits.

KNO: 2D+1

MECH: 2D
-Gunnery: 3D+2
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by max_vale »

Hello one and all; I've had an insane week (as I'm sure all of you and all of the world for that matter) as my job (I'm a gov't contractor) continues to try and figure out exactly what their plans are in the midst of this crisis......for now, they've divided the work force in half and are having one half continue to work while the other half stays home for 2 weeks and then we're going to switch.....

Of course, this is easy for the Gov't employees....for us contractors, they're still working out the details.....for the moment, I'm working the next two weeks....but that could change as early as tomorrow....so needless to say, this week has been pretty crazy for me.

I sincerely hope all of you are doing as well as can be hoped for as well.......in any event, I WILL be throwing up the first "in game" post for this game this weekend as well as trying to get more background, rules mechanics and character sheet update posts as well up. If you guys can post replies/answer questions/ask questions, great...but certainly, it's no big deal if not and my apologies for the delay!

Stay safe and stay sane!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Zhym »

Let's go ahead and fill in some physical attributes for Mediocre Fred:

Height: Average
Weight: Average
Hails From: Lebanon, KS
Physical Description:Kinda, just, normal-looking, y'know?

(If that's a bit too glib for this campaign, let's make him 5'9", 165 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rex »

Just looking Gurung's sheet over again after reading your explanation of how damage is calculated I thought of a question and idea.

His sheet shows his armor as boosting his Strength to 5d vs attacks, but since it is already 4d, should it boost it to 6d? I seem to recall you saying somewhere a minor talent was +2, but maybe I have it wrong.

Reading how damage is done in your post, Armor is weaker that a minor power in Strength which would apply to damage resistance and other things where armor only applies to damage resistance. Maybe to differentiate them some, Armor doesn't change his Strength roll vs damage but reduces the damage class suffered by 1. So a Mortal wound would become Serious etc. just an idea.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by max_vale »

Hey Rex;

So Minor Powers equal 5D, Moderate Powers equal 7D and Major Powers equal 9D (if the Power works out in a Die-Code manner); for someone with a 4D, this may not seem like much of a gain; but if your attribute is 2D it certainly is.

Also, the way I envision the Armor power vs. the Hyper STR is the Armor actually makes the body impenetrable; so if something was poison tipped or gas, etc. Armor would protect against it while Hyper STR would not. In addition (and I'll add this to the description); when the Armor power is active, Wounds and Serious Wounds count as Stun damage (i.e. bruises, possible concussions, but the skin isn't broken); only Mortal Wounds break the skin; causing a Knockout (Unconscious) and Wounded state.

Another way it may be useful is that let's say a guy with the Amor Power active and another guy with the Hyper STR power active both get shot. Let's say the Hyper STR (5D STR stat) character gets hit with a Rifle Shot (5D) damage and the Rifle does 16 damage and the Hyper STR roll is a 20. The shot grazes the Super, but doesn't do any real damage. However.....if that Super is stuck in the jungle for a week....maybe the minor graze becomes infected. The guy with the ARMOR Power; unless he's Mortally Wounded by a hit; is NOT going to have to worry about any infections from the minor cuts/scrapes.

That make sense?

Also Everyone: For character actions; I can have character's 'drop' actions; like if you tell me he's going to rush a Japanese Officer to hit him in the head, but before he gets there, another Super TK lifts him 20 feet into the air; it makes sense to have the first character stop his swing. However, I can't really do 'conditional' actions like: 'If the first guy falls, his second shot will be at a second target, if not, he shoots the first guy twice'; the reason why is that many factors for the dice rolling can change dramatically. These actions are all taking place pretty close to simultaneously and within split seconds of each other.

Also, the more specific you are with your action choices, the better it helps me out. If you say; "Joe shoots at the best available target" or "the next guy over there"; I might interpret that differently that you meant....you might have REALLY wanted to shoot at the LMG guy....but if I don't read that, I'm just making the best choice I can. Likewise, things like; "He blazes away"; I can run with that in many different ways....it also can impact how many dice I"m rolling for each action...i.e. I can read "blazes away" to mean he shoots 3, 4 or more times; which means MUCH less chance of actually hitting anything. Just keep that in mind, thanks!

I hope I'm doing okay and you guys are enjoying the game!
GreyWolfVT

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max I'm a very visual guy so unfortunately my actions and wording for them is limited not having a visual of the situation so if you would like more detail on my part it would help see the battle scene physically rather than what i can picture in my head based on the written text.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by max_vale »

Ummm....not sure what I can do there amigo being as it's a PBP game....I SUCK as an artist, but if it would help, I can draw (badly) some maps with X's and O's for where people are and try to scan them in as attachments if that would help?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

Thanks for the explanation Max, that works fine. Just trying to make sense of in my head.
GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

max_vale wrote:Ummm....not sure what I can do there amigo being as it's a PBP game....I SUCK as an artist, but if it would help, I can draw (badly) some maps with X's and O's for where people are and try to scan them in as attachments if that would help?
Yes that absolutely helps it is some sort of visual aid. I'm not looking for a Picaso just something that visually shows the setup.

If need be I could try and collaborate with you on a map using Roll20 that is how i make maps for the games i run. If I can help just let me know.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by max_vale »

No problemo amigo, also, since I've finally had some time to devote to this game, I'm going back over things and adding things, etc.

Couple quick questions: Rex and Teddy; Physical descriptions of your characters? (i..e hair and eye color, height, weight, anything noticeable about your guys like scars, 'air' about them, etc.)

Also, Rex: I forgot to add that while an Armor Power is active, any Brawling attacks would deal increased damage; for Gurung this means +1D to STR for Brawling attacks (5D damage....he hits like a Sledgehammer)

Rose: You never listed where Marvin was from; since his last name is Acme, I came up with Albuquerque....thought it fit the Looney Tunes mold (as in; "I must've took a wrong turn at-")....let me know if that's cool.

Zhym: I'm also realizing that for your Shape Change power; I need to make a Quirk that can actually be stopped; so how about in addition to your only being able to shape into the 'Wolf Man"; you have to HOWL while activating it? This way, if you're gagged, you can't transform. I think it fits....thoughts?
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by max_vale »

Hey Greywolf, I'll see what I can throw up....and I'd rather not have yet another log-on and I'm computer stupid anyway, so I'll just draw and scan what and when I can. I'll get something up today....thanks!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rex »

Gurung has black hair, kept very short or shaven, a clean shaven face and dark brown eyes. He is 5' 4" tall with an athletic build (150 lbs of all muscle), he is tall for a Gorkha. In the picture he is carrying a wounded fellow soldier. He tends to be quite and soft spoken, choosing action over discussion or deliberation and like most other Gorkha he follows orders literally and without question.
Attachments
Gurung.jpg
Gurung.jpg (99.3 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by max_vale »

Thanks Rex, that's awesome! For age, I listed him at 25, does that work for you?
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Hadarai »

Totally forgot about Teddy's physical description as well!

He's 5'7" with an average build, dark tan skin, brown eyes and black hair cut into a flat top. He's clean shaven and still a bit baby faced with a small on the left side of his chin.

Return to “WW2 Supers d6”