OOC

The_Wanderer
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#81 Post by Paladin »

Okay, thanks! Do we get to swap one score or sacrifice points to raise prime attributes with their scores, or do we have to leave them as rolled?

Pardon the deluge of questions. Just making sure I get it right.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by The_Wanderer »

Paladin wrote:Okay, thanks! Do we get to swap one score or sacrifice points to raise prime attributes with their scores, or do we have to leave them as rolled?

Pardon the deluge of questions. Just making sure I get it right.
Yep same rules as main character creation...in case these become your main character. ;)
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by The_Wanderer »

Alright, I've broken down...when you get a chance, please change your character sheets to this:
Here's the character sheet we're going to use:

To use the formatting, quote this post and copy the formatted text, then paste it to your own character sheet.

== Name ==
Gender Race/Class/Level
XP 0/0

== Attributes ==
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

== Background/Languages/Skills/Abilities ==

===Background===

No more than 100 words, please.

===Languages===

Feel free to leave language slots open and add them during play. For example, we meet some kobolds, you want to talk with them and have a language slot open, you just say that you can speak kobold.

===Skills===

== Combat ==

AC AC is ascending, added to 10.
HP x/x
Movement Rate
Attacks

*Primary Melee Attack:
*Secondary Melee Attack:
*Primary Ranged Attack:

Saves:

== Equipment ==
*Carried Wealth:
*Equipment
**Quick Items:
**Backpack Items:
It's just a bit quicker and easier for me I think. No rush for this though, just consider creating henchmen this way.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#84 Post by The_Wanderer »

As I see the current situation, you guys have just hired some extra hands and know where you want to go. I'll give you some chance to do anything else you may want to do in town and then move the story forward.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:As I see the current situation, you guys have just hired some extra hands and know where you want to go. I'll give you some chance to do anything else you may want to do in town and then move the story forward.
Brignum's good to go! I'll work on switching over my character sheet.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by tibbius »

Egbald knows of nothing more to do in Tanwen's Field.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by The_Wanderer »

Yesterday got away from me. I'll move this forward today.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Paladin »

My apologies, guys. The last couple days have been so chaotic.

I hate to do it, as I'm enjoying the game, but I have to bow out. Everything is okay, just incredibly busy. I thought I could make time for posts, but that hasn't been the case.

If anyone wants to puppet Marcus and his killer bow, please feel free. It's a cannon. :lol: Thanks for running a fun one!
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by The_Wanderer »

Paladin wrote:My apologies, guys. The last couple days have been so chaotic.

I hate to do it, as I'm enjoying the game, but I have to bow out. Everything is okay, just incredibly busy. I thought I could make time for posts, but that hasn't been the case.

If anyone wants to puppet Marcus and his killer bow, please feel free. It's a cannon. :lol: Thanks for running a fun one!
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with everything.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by The_Wanderer »

In game our assumption will be that Marcus and his two henchmen didn't join the party north...
sirravd

#91 Post by sirravd »

Foolishly, I forgot to select Mirwydd's languages. Would it be ok to choose Goblin, since I know that that's what we'll be facing, or would that be too metagamy? (And what are the available languages?)
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by The_Wanderer »

sirravd wrote:Foolishly, I forgot to select Mirwydd's languages. Would it be ok to choose Goblin, since I know that that's what we'll be facing, or would that be too metagamy? (And what are the available languages?)
Actually I am totally ok with adding languages as you go. Just leave slots open for extra languages and fill them in as Mirwydd is faced with language opportunities.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by The_Wanderer »

So help me out here. That bugbear is clearly retreating. By the book:

Retreating
It is up to the Referee to decide if there will be any special rules for retreating away from a melee combat. Most Referees allow the enemy a free attack if a hero (or monster) tries to move out of the ten-foot “melee range.” In some cases the free attack is made at +2 to hit.

I read this "free attack" to be the same as an attack of opportunity in 3e/4e/5e etc.; so basically an attack you can make on your opponent's turn. That was my intention in my post as to invite basically two attacks from anybody who was around the spear carrying bugbear.

Nobody took what looks like a "free attack" to me though. Am I reading the intent in this rule incorrectly? Or maybe I wasn't clear enough?
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by tibbius »

Wow ... that poor frickin bugbear. Of course Egbald and Nasty would pile on ...
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:So help me out here. That bugbear is clearly retreating. By the book:

Retreating
It is up to the Referee to decide if there will be any special rules for retreating away from a melee combat. Most Referees allow the enemy a free attack if a hero (or monster) tries to move out of the ten-foot “melee range.” In some cases the free attack is made at +2 to hit.

I read this "free attack" to be the same as an attack of opportunity in 3e/4e/5e etc.; so basically an attack you can make on your opponent's turn. That was my intention in my post as to invite basically two attacks from anybody who was around the spear carrying bugbear.

Nobody took what looks like a "free attack" to me though. Am I reading the intent in this rule incorrectly? Or maybe I wasn't clear enough?
That's how I would rule it, yes, but I'm not sure why we would get two attacks. Since the bugbears won initiative they should be able to retreat (as movement) before the adventurers go. So, technically, the bugbear starts to retreat, everyone gets a free attack, and then the players' turn happens, where we can either move after the bugbears and try to close the gap to attack in melee or fire a missile without moving.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by sulldawga »

If by two attacks, you meant an opportunity attack on its turn plus a "normal" attack on our turn, that sounds logical to me.

I didn't take an extra one because Ender isn't in melee range.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote: That's how I would rule it, yes, but I'm not sure why we would get two attacks. Since the bugbears won initiative they should be able to retreat (as movement) before the adventurers go. So, technically, the bugbear starts to retreat, everyone gets a free attack, and then the players' turn happens, where we can either move after the bugbears and try to close the gap to attack in melee or fire a missile without moving.
Yeah, this is where I didn't clarify the situation. It could only move 30' so while it is retreating, it has a hard time totally breaking off from being attacked. So top of initiative: it begins to retreats, free attacks happen, it moves 30'; bottom of initiatitive: anybody can try to close and attack.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by tibbius »

edited IC post to account for thirdkingdom's insight about movement rates.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
sirravd

#99 Post by sirravd »

I rolled Quellax's stats iron-man, but she wouldn't qualify as a ranger using the ability score minima. Are we using those?
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by The_Wanderer »

I don't think there is a min stats requirement in S&W Complete. Also remember at Level 1 she has 2 hit die (2d8).

Pasting here:
Prime Attribute: Strength, 13+ (+5% experience bonus)
Hit Dice: 2d8 at first level, 1d8/level thereafter. (Gains 2 hp/level
after 9th.)
Armor/Shield Permitted: Any.
Weapons Permitted: Any.
Race: Only humans may be Rangers.

Return to “Broken Valley (S&W Complete Hexcrawl)”