Off Duty 2 (OOC)

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Off Duty 2 (OOC)

#81 Post by Taaz »

How do you want to handle equipment that isn't covered in these rules but is in canon? I was thinking specifically the Giga-Meter but also the more sophisticated investigation tools, or are the PKE meters more or less sufficient? I checked and it is in the GBI manual or just assume we have "research equipment" however you want to handle it as a DM but I don't want to reference something we don't own but I'm imagining because half the fun of Ghostbusting is the toys.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Bluehorse »

I am going to tentatively rule that the PKE is sufficient for over 90% of what you will do here, however, given the current situation if you want to uses a gigameter or sniffer for more specific readings, let me know what your intention is and I will go from there, otherwise I consider that to be part of your general research equipment. I will also say that you can have these items at the firehouse.

Quick ruling on these items: Gigameter is a modified Geiger counter that can pick up radiation and in turn how paranormal energies and concentrated.

Sniffer: Used for detecting trace amounts of eco plasm within the air and measuring its concentration much how particulate matter is measure for allergins.

These are just quick rulings until I can find or come up with something better, also open to your ideas. :)
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Pulpatoon »

Bluehorse wrote:Please be clear that the PKE is not a separate piece of equipment but a function of your company phones, there is an attachment that acts as an amplifier and increases the range and accuracy. So the PKE attachments AND your phones PKE function are what is shorted out.
Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression we had old-fashioned PKEs in addition to phone capabilities.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Pulpatoon »

Bluehorse, Please let me know when enough time has passed that I can arrive back at the firehouse!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Taaz »

Thanks, I didin't want to go talking about "going and getting all the toys" if all the toys were rolled into the pke attachment :P Im not even particularly worried about modifying rolls or anything, just oohhh now i get to play with these things!
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Bluehorse »

Pulpatoon wrote:Bluehorse, Please let me know when enough time has passed that I can arrive back at the firehouse!
You're clear for takeoff! I already moved up the timestamp
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm running behind on my posting, due to a family full of swine flu. Please carry on without me, and feel free to NPC Etta until I'm available.
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Taaz »

Oh no hope they get well soon. I just started a new job so im watching and trying to not fall behind
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Bluehorse »

Okay... so a quick rundown, sorry if my own posting has not been up to par. Still having some health issues that there is no need to elaborate on since everything is doing well now and I am on the mend so yay! I just need a rundown of what everyone is doing.

I have Etta and Roy at the firehouse:
-Etta is partially NPCed at the moment.
-Roy fixed the PKE attachments, but not the phones (Repair parts subtracted, see inventory post)

I have Jason, Lionel, and Mac at the Historical Site by the statue of Bass Reeves.
There was talk of heading to the gallows, but I never spotted anything definitive as far as actions at the statue after the lore drop or if you were indeed moving south to the gallows or another location. Who wants to split the party? :twisted: :lol: oh wait... you already have!

I just need some direction of where you want to go and I will post up before the day is out tomorrow.

I hope you are all having as much fun playing as I am GMing this. It is a lot of work but sooooo worth it to watch you scamper about uncovering plot points I put in your path. The real treat is seeing what you pass by and what you persue. It makes me think of playing an odd kind of reverse cat and mouse, which is fun and makes me have to anticipate you moves more and learn what makes you bite or make connections. I have seen some really clever ones that I was not expected to come out yet just as I have laid out some and thought, huh... wow... okay I will make note of that for later, I guess. Either way, don't read to much into all that other than I am having a good time. Happy Tuesday yall!!!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#91 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel is there to keep the others company. He will defer to Jason and Mac in regards to where they go/ what they do.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Taaz »

Im honestly not sure becasuse Jason is going to wander around until about 6:40 then head back to the firehouse. Assuming he doesnt stumble onto any clues or hidden messages or codes, or uh clues... Jinkines....but yeah then getting ready to meet Gabby. Assuming we dont run into anything or find anything Ill type out what all he does until then. But really hes kind in investigation mode, and flipping back to his phone/books.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

other than helping fix stuff there is not much else Roy does other than read, play games and go on missions he only has that Scottish Rite meeting he plans to go to.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

If we have the time then we should go to the gallows and check it out. Seems a good focal point. If we don't get anything then we can head back for the evening.
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Taaz »

Yeah thats his next stop hes basically wandering around until the DM is like ITS JUST A GAZEBO MOVE ON!!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#96 Post by Scott308 »

I'm at Gary Con where my dice will betray me at a critical moment, I'm sure, and likely won't be able to post until Sunday night/ Monday.

After everyone has wandered around, checked out the gallows, decided there was nothing else here, Lionel will head back and get ready to head to the bar and watch the game. Unless we find something of interest here that needs to be dealt with tonight. The job comes first.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by Taaz »

im jealous, have fun at the con
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm back! Family is well! It might still take a day or two to get caught up on everything (turns out, I'm in a lot of games!), but I'll be up and running soon!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by Taaz »

Welcome back!
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Bluehorse »

Definitely welcome back and have fun at garycon. One day I hope to go to one of those.

Also, it is times like this at the Historic Site where I can toss stuff at you and see your reactions that I just love GMing you guys!

Return to “OOC Archive”