CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#81 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy blossoms into a bouquet of toothy grins at the slop placed before him. "Aw, j-j-jeesh! Thish issssssssh great! Thhhhhhhanksh!" He tucks into the meal with disquieting relish. Having been the subject of amazement, ridicule, and revulsion his entire life, the grotesque spud doesn't notice the Slaver's derisive laughter.
Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx at the Tavern

"Beer good sir and a couple of your delicious patties please." Blixx asks the Barkeep
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack raises his mug to the barkeep "As always appreciate your excellent service Gunas."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank gets a glass of brew and some dried meat to chew on and looks at the laughing slaver with a scowl and a hard look to his eyes. He doesn't appreciate any friend of his getting laughed at, but as Jiminy didn't seem to be bothered by it, he'd behave himself….for now…

Turning to the others, Frank shrugs and says; "Well fellas….what now? I'm game for travellin' to wherever people want to go".
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Urson »

Belial laps at his water. I'm good with anything. I found an awesome shirt I want- anyone mind if I take 15 to pay for it?
FA FO
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Gunas serves Blixx, Frank and thanks Jack for his compliment. The slavers bid Gunas a salutation and leave to the east side of town. “Don’t tangle with them,” he says to Frank. “They have many allies in these parts, because coin is king.”

Based on the party’s travel rates, here is the breakdown:

Map

• It is 15-days travel to the Marker Stones at the edge of the salt waste.
    It is 27-days to the point that you exited the Gam’A Zone.

The Gam’A Barrier is 1-day south of the Marker Stones.

The above travel times are one way.

Actions?
GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "I'd imagine we'd be best to head back and see what else we can gather from the Gam A zone. First I think I'll go talk to Den Lo-Chis." the one time lawman walks off to speak with Den Lo-Chis about gathering items from the Gam A zone and how much the merchant is willing to pay for it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning

Jack makes his way to Den Lo-Chis’ establishment (10). The haphazard building is built from many disparate metal, stone, wood and synteen (plastic) parts. A giant synteen head of a stylized beast’phant is mounted on two poles and overlooks the main causeway of Hagalton. He enters the front, open doorway and stands inside the unoccupied building. A counter runs the full width of the shop and the walls and ceiling contain curios of varying size and shape. You can hear conversation or argument coming from a room behind the counter. A large red bell sits at the center of the counter with the sign “Ring for Service”.

Actions?

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#89 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"GAmmma!" Bart humphs, in agreement.

Barts thoughts swirl to fantasies of testing his Ewhip on the slavers.
"Gunas, beer. And do you know a place to charge bottled lighting devices."
He shows him the eggs on his belt.
GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack walks to the counter and rings the bell for service and quietly waits for the shopkeeper.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx seeing Jack leave follows behind soon after hoping to get a deal on some supplies for the group with Jack's merchant contact.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Namárië
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy: "Guysh! Are we heading owowowout into the zhone? What wwwwwwil we be lookinginging for? Do we need anything? Other than fffffffood?"Dropping his many-mouthed voice to a gurgling whisper, he adds, "Cause I have 7 pennies."

The blob sloughs itself up with pride at this announcement.

Then, as an afterthought, adds at regular volume, "Oh, and 13 pounds of gold."
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank follows Jack, curious about what this shopkeeper may have to say...
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Urson »

Since no one objected, Belial knuckle-walks back to the tailor and buys the makeshift Hawaiian shirt. He'll rejoin the others as soon as he can, wanting to show off his new finery.
FA FO
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning
Broggrim wrote:Bart, MH
"Gunas, beer. And do you know a place to charge bottled lighting devices."
He shows him the eggs on his belt.
Gunas looks at the ‘eggs’ on your belt. “No,” he replies. “But, Teeko Stooart might have some for sale.”

Teeko is at (11)

---
GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack walks to the counter and rings the bell for service and quietly waits for the shopkeeper.
You ring the bell and a scream comes from the back room. “See what you made me do!” yells a disembodied voice. “Let’s go and see who is out there!”

A 4 foot tall, mutant raccoon parts the curtains and enters the main room, followed by a small, mutated insect that flies out and lands on some piled merchandise. The insect sits there buzzing its wings and darting its head from side to side.

The raccoon-man steps up on a stool, looks you over and slyly asks:

“Alright, I didn't do it. What do you want and who sent you?”

---
Urson wrote:Since no one objected, Belial knuckle-walks back to the tailor and buys the makeshift Hawaiian shirt. He'll rejoin the others as soon as he can, wanting to show off his new finery.
Belial returns to the tailor and gives Jeffs 15gp for the Hawaiian short. It will be ready for pick-up tomorrow, after he tailors it to fit around your wings.

---

Blixx and Frank are with Jack

Jiminy eyes around watching his new friends scatter without discussing travel and supplies.

What are you doing while everyone visits various sites?

GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack looks at the mutant racoon "Gunas said you were the one to talk to about items salvaged from the Gam A Zone, happens to be that myself and my friends are preparing to make a second trip in unfortunately they already sold what we found the first trip in, but I was wondering since you were highly recommended by Gunas that I should stop by and see what sort of deal we might make with you since I am sure we will likely be going back to the zone and coming back here after I'd hate to give the things we find to someone that wont appreciate it as much as youself and I prefer to go to the best. Word has it that is you."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Norjax »

To Jack:

"Gunas, huh? Second trip?” The mutant ‘coon smiles. “How far in have you been? What have you seen? Where did you enter? Did you encounter any of Motter’s machines? Did you happen upon any anti-gravity plasma?” Den is visibly excited, talking in a hyper-active manner. The mutant insect next to him buzzes with glee.

GreyWolfVT

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Well it felt like we went in a long ways, but I think now that it wasn't as far is as we had originally planned. We entered from about the most northern section of the zone followed some mounds that used to have some metal structures atop them but something had already scavenged most of the metals from the place. I think it was either old bunkers or possible old wind turbines. We did encounter pigmonn and some metal insect creatures that retreated back to their den though we essentially defeated all that attacked us in the night then after having to destroy our cart in a pigmonn attack we turned back and headed this way to restock and sell off anything we didn't need for a return trip. Needless to say we plan to go back and perhaps enter from a different section maybe a point not far from the stones markers, though I am not entirely sure of that at the moment." the former lawman relays the journey in a fairly decent manner though not entirely sure what the mechanical insects were but recalling definitely the pigmonn. "Them pigmonn are planning something for sure in the zone dunno what exactly but we did give em something to think about when we ambushed them in their camp after they had jumped us on the journey into the zone."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#99 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart goes to talk eggs with Teeko.
Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx listens to Jack and the merchant, antennae twitching as he nods affirmation to Jack's tale.

Namárië

Return to “Archive”