Re: And the Quest Begins....

#81 Post by greyarea »

Trotter watches silently, interested.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#82 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As Halo moves forward and uses his ability to sense evil, he detects none at all from the plucked creature. In fact, he senses no evil in the entire area.

The bird man that is tied to the post appears to be rolling in and out of consciousness as his head bobs up and down repeatedly.

When Bernhardt hears some of the Dwarfs insults, he motions to one of the lesser Clerics and points in the direction that he heard it from.

Bernhardt

Well?
Who will it be then?
We haven't got all day, there is still the matter of this demon to destroy you know!

With that, the subdued crowd let's out a few more shouts of "Burn it" and "Vanquish the black sky Bernhardt"! They still seem as though they are behind the clergyman even as they move out of the square to make way for the combatants.

Bernhardt moves towards Murdoch who is stretching out and waving his huge sword high above his head doing some extremely impressive sword fighting maneuvers. The fat man slaps the fighter hard on the shoulder and whispers something into his ear.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Scott308 wrote:I am willing to fight on behalf of this poor creature. However, to make it a true test of combat skill, I suggest we do not use armor or weapons. Fight hand to hand in order to determine the champion, unless your proposed warrior is afraid...
Not sure if Scott is going to say anything further or if he has been waiting on the response. I believe we nominated him as the champion since this fight is tailor made for him?
Thomas allows room for the Monk to move between him, making himself more known.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Storm11 »

If the halfling can gain footing unnoticed upon the dais next to the bird man, possibly using his boots to lift himself up, he will try to.

This creature is not evil! he will cry out to the others, hoping that the other adventurers at least will understand what is at stake here.

This cleric leader might be a vicious zealot but given he is not actively evil the halfling will ponder some other solutions to simply sending him to meet his maker, should things turn south with the combat.
Greys Campaign.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by greyarea »

Trotter also makes his move. He too vaults to the dais, his belt giving him strength to make the jump.

Listen to my halfling friend: his gift is in knowing the blackness in one's heart, and if he says this one is not evil then he is not. As protector of the Duke's woodlands, good creatures, and the West, I say enough. We must discover why he is here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez greets Trotter "Glad yah could join us." then tries to be sneaky and quick checking to see how the birdman is bound in place be it with chains, rope, shackles etc. He will attempt to pick any locks if any are helping bind the birdman. Otherwise if it is rope he will attempt to cut it swiftly without notice.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Dram »

Xano moves stealthly around behind the 2 acolytes of brother Bernhardt. If they try to cast any spells she will disrupt there incantations.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#88 Post by Scott308 »

The monk says, I will stand as the champion for this creature. What are the terms of the combat? Is this to the death or surrender? If we are not using armor, I think a real man would forgo use of all weapons as well, and fight with bare hands as a true test of skill and power. As such, I choose to use no weapons, my friends will hold all my equipment. I shall fight with nothing but the shirt and pants I currently wear. Will your champion rise to this challenge or lower himself to using a weapon?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#89 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I know this is a fantasy game guys but, can some of you try to be just a little more realistic with your actions? And what is this unhealthy obsession for almost everyone wanting to be up on this tiny stage? Are you all groupies in the kiss army or something? :) You're not hot chicks and this ain't spring break! :mrgreen:

Trotter: Although the Giant strength does make you much stronger than the average Halfling, it certainly doesn't allow you to leap 150' through the air. I will consider you to be heading up towards the stage through the dispersing mob of villagers. Your dialogue is fine but won't be heard by everyone.

Halo: Your dialogue is fine as well but do you really want to try to levitate up to the platform with Bernhardt and his champion standing right there ready to punt you back into the crowd?

Drez: Bernhardt and Murdoch are still up on the platform. Do you really think you could get up there and cut the bird-man free without being noticed? Especially when Murdoch has his huge sword at the ready? Especially after hurtling insults at Bernhardt? (You can't expect me to allow you to say that you are hiding from the cleric one round and then be standing right next to him in the next round)
Bernhardt seems to by trying very hard to ignore this blatant invasion of his sacred platform but his patience is obviously wearing very thin.

What's wrong with you idiots? And who is the Duke you keep raving on about? He has no power or influence here. I've never met the man, but all I've ever heard about him is that he's a useless womanizer and a drunk! I know for a fact he has no armies and like I said, he has no power here whatsoever so don't think I will be swayed by your empty threats!

Now! I said get down from here and I MEANT IT!!! I will not allow this trial to precede one step further until this platform is cleared of anyone but the trial overseer, ME! My champion here will cut down anybody that won't leave this platform or anyone else that tries to enter it!

He looks again to the crowd of villagers now clearing the square.

These strangers are obviously in league with this demonic creature! Don't listen to a word they say! Their words are made of the same poison that obscures our beautiful skies with darkness! When the combat is over you will all see that I am right! Let the Trial by Combat commence! Clear the square and prepare the......

He then looks to Monk after hearing his proclamation.

WHAT!?!?! You think you're going to waltz into town and put your stipulations on our ages old traditions and ceremonies? You FOOL! Who do you think you are?

The terms of the combat are NOT negotiable, by you or anyone else! If you choose to fight with no weapon,

He looks over at Murdoch and rolls his eyes.

then that is your choice. The "rules" will definitely not be altered by you rabble! Oh, and the final result is entirely up to each combatant. You will fight until one or the other is either dead or unconscious, there will be no surrendering.

Are you ready to proceed or do you want to reconsider? Then you and your cohorts can remove yourselves from our village so we can go about our business?

The square is cleared out and the villagers surround it to get a better view for this unexpected extra entertainment.
Let's just try to get through this part without having a combat with the Clerics and 200 angry villagers please? :lol: Spoiler: The adventure is designed with the intentions that you are obviously supposed to win this, but we will still duke it out and let the dice decide what happens.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas got off the stage already! :P

Thomas stands at the edge of the trial circle, his arms crossed and waiting for the fight to begin. He stares at the cleric yelling on the podium, his eyes filled with pure unadulterated rage.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Storm11 »

you are a despicable creature Bernhardt.

Halo activates his boots and float above the platform, leaving the platform.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll give you that I was not aware the stage was so tiny so then standing near the stage now. Not trying anything sneaky for the moment.
Drez standing near the stage as it apparently is extremely small "I'll give you that. The duke is a wee bit of a womanizer a drunk nah that'd be my game from time to time." then in looking to the Monk "Just obide to their rules, You can take em." ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Dram »

Xano stands ready for the Paladin to give the command to attack(subdue, not harm) the 2 accolytes. She also tries to get Drez's or Morgi attention to help subdue one of the other clerics if needed. In Theives Cant--> We may need to at some point remove these 2 from equasion. Not harm just subdue.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#94 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez notices and replies in kind using Thieves Cant Sure you take the big one I take the small one?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#95 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott, If Monk agrees to the terms, and when you get time, why don't you just make a bunch of attack rolls in a row. Then I will roll for both of our initiative for each round and make my attack rolls. I can then put it all in one post. That way the others don't have to wait for this entire combat to play out. Good luck!!!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Dram »

Xano replies back in thieves cant. Sure big boy. Would'nt want you break a nail. She gives Drez a big smirk.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#97 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will remove all his magic items and give them to the paladin for safekeeping during the combat. Do any of our spellcasters have Detect Magic prepared? I would appreciate it if someone could cast it on their champion to make sure he is following the rules. I will abide by the rules, but do not trust them to do the same.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#98 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The lesser clerics will test you both with a Detect Magic, but you are free to not trust them if you want to cast your own.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#99 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

Wyntar is watching the spectacle ensue, he'll be standing within a 30' radius of both the greasy black haired cleric and Monk's combat fighter.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#100 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Clerics actually all have mohawks but the fat ones beard is black. Not that it really matters.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”