Out-Of-Character Chat

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Out-Of-Character Chat

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

eh don't you worry about that plenty of jobs to be had on the ship.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Baron
Scout
Scout

#83 Post by Baron »

I trust that our GM will work something out. no problem.

On an unrelated note re posts about crewman running past passenger cabins or whatever; the passenger deck is isolated, separate, from the bridge/cargo/ship's locker/crew deck. The only crewman up there is Olive, calmly checking in with the passengers.
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#84 Post by atpollard »

Baron wrote:I trust that our GM will work something out. no problem.

On an unrelated note re posts about crewman running past passenger cabins or whatever; the passenger deck is isolated, separate, from the bridge/cargo/ship's locker/crew deck. The only crewman up there is Olive, calmly checking in with the passengers.
Oops, I stand corrected.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by max_vale »

I have never had a head for numbers (I would have never known what the equation stuff was for example :) ); so the accounting part is not really anything that interests me; but as others have mentioned; turning "you need to get this cargo to person X on planet Y by this time.....and oh yeah; shady person Z whom you knew nothing about; shows up and says the cargo was stolen from him..." etc., etc. leads to nice role-playing elements.

Also; as for the crew vs. passengers debate; while I would agree that making the passengers more or less "crew" (a la the Tams and Book in Firefly) is something that is pretty much a "given" for long-term campaigns......a single adventure in a PBP game can take a LONG time; so I don't think it's as much of a big deal.

Just my two cents.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#86 Post by atpollard »

Pulpatoon wrote: September Looking at the cabin's terminal, he smiles to himself and gets to work.
[2d6] = 2
Ouch. :shock: ;)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Keehnelf »

Instant dramatic tension!
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by DadsAngry »

Keehnelf wrote:
Eugene: Baron and I had spoken prior to the post about Eugene grabbing the gun, limiting access to the weapons locker to Dars and Olive except in emergency situations where authority is specifically delegated elsewhere. However, because I didn't post anything in the IC thread about this, and because a retcon would eliminate some highly entertaining characterization, I'm going to pretend that Dars, in his haste, didn't quite fully latch the locker this time, though when Eugene was done he definitely slammed the locker so it's now secure.
I was just following the captains orders.
Baron wrote: Dars gets to his feet, addressing his two bridge mates. "I'll go. Watch me on the feed. When I'm at the hatch to Cargo, toggle it open. Lock it behind me. Live audio feed. If this is a hijacking attempt, I'll want you to trigger the program. Once our First is back, seal the lift to the passenger deck. And let's all arm ourselves."
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Keehnelf »

Good point! I overlooked him recommending that course, and was just trying to clear up any possible future confusion that might happen if I followed the guidelines Baron had initially set out--of course ending up misleading or confusing things further instead :)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Keehnelf »

atpollard wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:Vinnie is able to tell that the problem is not software related but electrical. Someone has shorted a system somewhere in the ship that's connected to the computer.
As the reality that the problem cannot be cured with a simple reboot sets in, Vincent's smile disappears. Doing nothing about a problem does not sit well with him, yet what can he do.
I guess the crawling around in Jefferies Tubes and realigning the warp core will be left to younger knees.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by atpollard »

Keehnelf wrote:I guess the crawling around in Jefferies Tubes and realigning the warp core will be left to younger knees.
:lol:
Amalric
Strider
Strider

#92 Post by Amalric »

Keehnelf wrote:Weekend-catchup post. Just to let everyone know (I realized this weekend that I never officially said anything about this), I don't generally post action updates over my weekend (I'm UTC-8, US pacific time) but will post minor ooc or small clarification things. I spend as much of the weekend as I can with my family, including my one-year old who doesn't like to give me a lot of extra time for other stuff since we don't see each other all that much during the week.
Glad to hear it! I have a lot of family commitments at weekends also, which means my posts then are few and far between.
For the record, I'm GMT-0.
GreyWolfVT

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I've got two kids myself but on weekends when they are in bed I am still up and like to hop on and post. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Baron
Scout
Scout

#94 Post by Baron »

Yes, I wanted the bridge crew armed.
I didn't expect 'Starship Trooper' over there, though... ;-)

Pacific Time, eh? I'm in SoCal.
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Keehnelf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I've got two kids myself but on weekends when they are in bed I am still up and like to hop on and post. ;)
It's usually about 10pm by the time I've discharged all family obligations on the weekend, so I'm mainly looking to do a bit of reading by then :)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Keehnelf »

Baron wrote:Yes, I wanted the bridge crew armed.
I didn't expect 'Starship Trooper' over there, though... ;-)

Pacific Time, eh? I'm in SoCal.
Oregon, here!
GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

starship trooper who me? lol oh no no no. EST in a cold Vermont.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Keehnelf »

My wife and I have decided if we ever move back east it'll be to Vermont. We're both from Maine originally.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Keehnelf »

Nuke66 wrote:North Dakota here.
I'm so sorry.

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”