A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A blast from the past... (Raven's and Perma's next arc)

#81 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:And here is a post that I thought I had done.

Raven realizes what he was starting to do and quickly snaps out of it, pushing his emotions back inside. He then continues checking for ferry times and locations via the computer, "We should head to the island unless you wanted to stay here some more. You don't need to worry about my injuries, I will be fine."
I did not recieve or see this post at an earlier time. Wasn't there for me to respond to until now. I do not know what sort of methods you are using to post your messages, but it would appear as if only the ones from a computer is working?

I will wait on Tooley for a response on the current in-game situation and then move from there.
It's very possible that I didn't post and just thought I did, the other couple of times I know I posted but it got deleted or something. This time is probably just me being a scatter brain :lol:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven turns his head and see's Elsa there and then turns his head back to the computer, "Looks like we are walking to the coast and getting on a ferry in the morning, we can make our way from it's closest stops to the island. Either by ice or air. That ok with you?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by tooleychris »

"Or...." Elsa says placing her hands on his shoulders, "Maybe you could do that magic you do and poof us somewhere nearby? That's a long walk.."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by MonkeyWrench »

"I could try, I would need a picture of the area though. I need to see it in my head, and we may need to do it a few times before getting there." He turns his head to look at her, "I am willing to try it whenever you are, I just need to pack up the suitcase and we can go."
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tooleychris »

She turns and looks forlorn at the bed. "so had hoped for a nights rest first...but if you are anxious. Maybe we can find a picture of the ferry or another building on line? "
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven follows her gaze to the bed, thinking for a moment. "I suppose it could not hurt to stay a night, rest from our previous encounter And you are right, I do need to research some pictures and... some other things. Go ahead and get some rest, I can sleep somewhere else and then we can leave tomorrow morning." Raven then takes out the tablet from the suitcase and heads to the window, looking out at the area outside of the motel as he idly scrolls through it, looking at pictures.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa:
"ZzZzZz..."
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tooleychris »

The next morning...
"Morning. Find anything more last night?" she asks going to brush her teeth.
"I'm starving! Think this place serves Bacon and eggs? ...Ooh, eggs...sorry... "
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Rukellian »

Teleportation
The character may teleport a number of sectors equal to the Rank Value of this power in a single turn. Teleporting requires the player to roll d% on the Master Table using the Rank Value of this power. A result of Black means the character arrives dazed at the destination sector and must spend the next turn recovering (the character may take no actions that turn).

If the character is unfamiliar with – or cannot see – the destination sector and teleports into a solid object – which can include the ground – the player must roll d% on the Master Table using the Rank Value of the character’s Fortitude. A result of Black immediately bounces the character back to the starting sector where the character is dazed and must spend 1-10 turns recovering (taking no actions during that time). Any other result immediately bounces the character back to the starting sector where the character is dazed for one turn.
Even with the highest rank value for teleportation, you cannot teleport yourself that far of distance (Montana to say Rhode Island).

Raven, while flipping through his tablet last night, was able to find some pictures of the city.
atlas city from afar.jpg
atlas city from afar.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 348 times
atlas city inside view 2.jpg
atlas city inside view 2.jpg (49.19 KiB) Viewed 348 times
atlas city inside view.jpg
atlas city inside view.jpg (45.23 KiB) Viewed 348 times
atlas city ariel view.jpg
atlas city ariel view.jpg (54.12 KiB) Viewed 348 times
As the two supers wake up and get ready for the morning, Raven's back a bit stiff from the floor, a knocking can be heard on the door.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I knew that a distance that great was impossible, was looking more for the length of a sector to see what my total range was.

Raven looks towards the door, He looks at Elsa and then simply nods to the door. When her sight is directed off of him Raven vanishes, the stairwell leading to his floor in his mind.

Teleportation 40: [1d100] = 74

Intent on seeing who is at the door without them knowing due to a possible ambush.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rukellian »

Movement

4C games are played on a map divided into individual areas known as sectors. The number of sectors a character may move in a turn is determined by the Rank Value of Coordination. Sectors are measured by feet, 10 feet per sector.

1-2 = 1 Sector per turn
3-29 = 2 Sectors per turn
30+ = 3 Sectors per turn

Climbing: The above table assumes a character moving horizontally along the ground; if the character is moving vertically (i.e. climbing a wall) use the following:

1-29 = 1 Sector per turn
30+ = 2 Sectors per turn

Some powers grant characters special forms of movement. See the individual power descriptions thread for details.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rukellian »

Looking afar from down the hall, Raven can tell that it is one of the cleaning maids for the motel, she seems to be holding a package with a card on top.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven stays where he is, waiting to see if Elsa opens the door.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by tooleychris »

"Slipper devil" she whispers as she looks out the peep hole.
Opening the door she smiles "Good morning."

Yeah as a player I knew he couldn't poof that far, but Elsa had high hopes ;)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven watches from the corner and keeping out of sight, if something seems amiss he will attempt to intercept.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rukellian »

She blushes as she sees Elsa in but a bath towel, and extends the package while looking away. "A package arrived for Mr. Warren. The person said it was from a friend, the card should explain." She then does a quick bow and leaves quickly, her cheeks still blushed.

As Elsa closes the door and looks at the card, she notices that it is signed by Blake and writes as follows:

I am hurt that you hung up so quickly on me Nelson, or Raven as you call yourself now. I hope that this package will help finish the conversation we had over the phone and convey what I was trying to say.

-your old friend, Blake

The package itself is loosely wrapped in christmas wrapping paper, the contents, another laptop.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven attempts to teleport back into the room, into the rooms bathroom but something seems to have messed up his concentration...

Teleportation 40: [1d100] = 22

Judging from the master table this is a failed attempt correct?
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tooleychris »

botched teleport=naked in hotel lobby :?
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Raven attempts to teleport back into the room, into the rooms bathroom but something seems to have messed up his concentration...

Teleportation 40: [1d100] = 22

Judging from the master table this is a failed attempt correct?
Sort of... here is what happened.
A result of Black means the character arrives dazed at the destination sector and must spend the next turn recovering (the character may take no actions that turn).
Pulled from the power explanation of Teleportation. You arrive in the bathroom, but you are dazed and cannot do anything for the remainder of the turn or next. If Elsa were to walk in on you, it would look like you slipped and fell on the floor, unconscious.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa thanks the girl, tosses the package on the bed, and getting dressed, starts to look for big bird. Finding him in the bathroom she rushes to his side and calls his name, slapping his face gently.
if this doesn't work, a bad chill in the crotch might do it :)

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”