Barrowmaze: Repatriating the Red Lion of Aerik

Spearmint
kwll
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Barrowmaze: Repatriating the Red Lion of Aerik

#641 Post by kwll »

Genaromes ponders. "Should we go west?" he asks around.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#642 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
West it is. Through the double doors or the western hall on the south end?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#643 Post by Spearmint »

edit

Sorry I corrected my error here:
The lantern stops its motion, shining light in a directly south-west compass setting.
Which would make Fydmar's suggestion
Fydmar
West it is. Through the double doors (west) or the western hall on the south end? (south-west)

Straither
Tracker
Tracker

#644 Post by Straither »

Wrathbone

I made a comment before that 'double doors lead to double trouble', so I might stick with that and think at least exiting these interior crypts and going South & West (if not Southwest) may being us more on a parallel with the Harpy shaft and our previous thoughts that Sir Guy O'Veargne is not buried too far away from the Harpy area, rather than heading further away.

Mindful of that area was where the ghouls came from, we should proceed with Undead dangers in mind.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#645 Post by Spearmint »

This is a current map portion, showing the interior crypts and the Harpy Shaft area (the rubble in the lower right corner).

Health Starus:

Durgo Brightboon: 26/29hp
Fydmar: 17/24hp
Wrathbone: 12/12hp
Bhelnus: 9/12hp
Genaromes: 4/4hp (8/8hp with Wincy weasel Familiar)
Bro Symeon: 12/18hp
Yngvar: deceased
Rickford: 5/8hp
Duvall: 8/8hp
Brutus the mastiff: 4/8hp

Attachments
Screenshot_2024-04-12-15-55-56-069~2.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-12-15-55-56-069~2.jpg (161.53 KiB) Viewed 126 times

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#646 Post by kwll »

"Going south and west might be more prudent. But I think we should make an attempt to at least locate the exact position of the remains of the Red Lion." proposes Genaromes.

Straither
Tracker
Tracker

#647 Post by Straither »

Wrathbone

To avoid other characters falling to temptation. I will go to the Obelisk in crypt room D, and cover it with a large sack, tying a note with a warning upon it.

I am fine to scout ahead or lead the way. I remember noting this when we first entered the Harpy shaft (from Durgo & Fydmar's previous adventure here)
Some of the dead do not know they are dead, they act as if still living. A 'grisly scholar' stalks those western hallways seeking books and tomes not tombs.

We did not ventured far, we were kept here to ... do unspeakable things ..."
That certainly clues in a link to Crypt of Librarians'.

Brother Symeon is being npc'd now. Does he have healing spells left. He used a CLW in myself. I would ask he use others now rather than later to boost those in lesser hp.

Maybe Bhelnus can take and train Brutus after he lost Bucky?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#648 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo stows the trinket and speaks the command to extinguish it's holy light.

"Good work everyone. My mind has been forgetful lately. Southwest or generally in that direction. Good thinking Wrathbone to cover the obelisk if the warning will be heeded. Check your gear secure you belongings and let's move with purpose and care my friends. We lost a good person and I still have concerns for Gen. The rest of you also. I take your safety personally all of you. So, be wary and alert.

Durgo stays near the front with Wrathbone and Fydmar. Shield and lantern as needed with a prayer, "St. ygg bless us as we continue our search for the faithful Red Lion of Aerik"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#649 Post by kwll »

Genaromes raises an eyebrow at Durgo but says nothing more.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#650 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
South & west, got it. He will take point & move down the southwest hall in a (poor) attempt at stealth
Rolls if needed..Thief skills [1d100]=94, [1d100]=64

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#651 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Bhelnus

Falls in behind Fydmar with his shield and assegai at the ready.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#652 Post by Spearmint »

Exploring beyond the Harpy Halls.

A good job stealth is not needed, yet at least. The group exit the interior crypts and decide to follow the guidance of Durgo's lantern. South of those crypts are two passages, both leading west into darkness. Each one has a branching angled passage that may proceed to one and the same crypt. There is another one that was spied previously by Wrathbone but not explored. For prudence sake, it is investigated so you leave no stone unturned. Inside, this chamber is roughly twenty feet square with an angled entrance. The floors are bare flagstone, the walls covered in dusty spider webs that veil the back wall of burial alcoves. The many alcoves have bones and skulls, many of which show signs of being cracked or broken, the testimony of violent deaths. The memory of who they once were lost beneath the layers of grime and relentless march of time.

In the lower passage, two closed crypt doors offer alternative search options. As yet, no one or no thing seems alerted to your search.

continuing actions please.
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-05-18-20-42-08-644~2.jpg
Screenshot_2024-05-18-20-42-08-644~2.jpg (88.42 KiB) Viewed 65 times

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#653 Post by Cwreando »

Drugo

"Folks we can search rooms as we go. Just so we don't leave something behind us. I'd rather it be cleared as best we can. I'd rather fight something in a room as before heading further and it comes behind us if we skipped searching."

Durgo stays ready. He stows his shield and readies his bow since the are some in front of him anyway. If anything happens, he'll set the lantern down to use both hands for the bow.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Straither
Tracker
Tracker

#654 Post by Straither »

Wrathbone

Wrathbone: random blessing [1d8]=5

Looks through the burial alcoves, trying to spot any 'bleeding bricks'. Sounds either like a cairn of stones raised after a bloody battle or an actual wall that bleeds. Actual blood or some crimson dye or maybe something like sap from a fungus.

He speculates a few thoughts, trying to focus on various meanings so we don't overlook an obvious sign. He reaches into the alcoves to touch any back wall, maybe if his fingerprints looked bloody afterwards it would be a sign. Trusting not to get bitten or poisoned mind you!

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#655 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Wrathbone, we might need to burn some of those webs to see the rear alcoves. Will assist while keeping watch for spiders.
Check behind the doors southernmost passage as we proceed west? Then the middle diagonal?

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#656 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Bhelnus

Works along side Wrathbone to clear the room the with the alcoves looking for a evidence of "bleeding walls" , secret doors, or valuables using his assegai to clear the cobwebs and detritus.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#657 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo posts guards at the North junction Duvall and Rickford looking East and West and himself in the Southern junction looking East and West, "You lads cover our blind spots. Duvall North looking West and Rickford North looking East. Watch our backs and no heroics alert us immediately fighting retreat to get behind us. I'll watch the South looking East and West while they search the alcove area."

Durgo moves to the South hallway to see East and West.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#658 Post by kwll »

Genaromes joins his companions in searching the alcoves in the yet unexplored crypt, while being very cautious not to be too far away from them for safety purpose. He pets Wincy again, trying to obtain his appraisal of the place.

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”