#61 Post by Teflon »

" have you changed anything recently like pay or hours?"
"anything that might have caused resentment"
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Adventure Section 1.0

#62 Post by MajorTom »

The large and youngish human who arrived late and followed the group and Mr Garret with no specific invitation, goes and gets a drink, looking a bit guilty since he is probably a bit young to be drinking. He is also not the brightest person in the room. Storyck offers simple and rather obvious advice, "maybe to start with, you need better bodyguards." Clearly Storyck is thinking that he would be a better bodyguard than the guys that Garret fired.
cryominer
Scout
Scout

#63 Post by cryominer »

Vigg is beside his drasalite self... this is a job!!! Which is very good because he is running low on credits.

"Human Garret, Boss, Sir, uh... Boss, not to be impolite, but us working types need to eat. What is the pay for this 'consultant' work?" After a brief pause, "if that is impolite, I am certainly willing to help you look into this. It should be a piece of pie!"
Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#64 Post by Hagakuri »

"Sir, what does your mine produce, also do you have any government contracts"?
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Teflon »

"same, im interested in eating also so that is also a good question.
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Garret turns to T'prin, "My employees get paid 200 credits a day for work. They have rent free housing and live near the mine site itself. A small town sprung up nearby that I help build and moved the families of the miners into that town to keep everyone happy and eliminate long commutes."

"Gentle beings, if you agree to help me with this situation, I am willing to pay you 110 credits per day of work. If that is agreeable, then consider yourselves employed."

"My mines produce molybdenum. It is brought to the surface, shipped to Thornton Town, put on shuttles, then shipped on system starships here for processing. I do have some government contracts, but only that they buy 20% of my ore and the rest is mine to sell as I see fit."
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by MajorTom »

Wow, Storyck thinks to himself. 110 credits a day! With that kind of money, he can afford to buy a gyrojet pistol and rifle in no time!

"Count me in!" he says to Mr. Garret.
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Teflon »

T'prin scratches his chin hair
"that is acceptable, i also am in "
Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#69 Post by Hagakuri »

"If these other fine gentle-beings will have me, I accept your offer", Thomas states simply.
Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#70 Post by Hagakuri »

Thomas turns to T'prin. " I feel that if any of us have law enforcement contacts perhaps we could ask those ruffians a few questions. "in addition, a future visit to this company town may be in order."
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by MajorTom »

Storyck (Rick for short) looks at Thomas (is Thomas a human?) and says, "I was just thinking that. Why don't we just go to wherever they was tooken to and ask them why they attack Mr. Garret?"
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Teflon »

T'prin nods his head and says"my first thought is to check this town, get a feel for whats going through the workers minds, i really doubt the locals will allow us access to the humans as they are facing serious charges, not the least of which is murder."
"also, we should watch our backs, humans who shoot others in the back, will not have been alone, they probably have others they are working with. And if they dont know about us working for garrett yet, they soon will."
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Teflon »

"I need to find an access point to the world info net."
(ooc)wanting to do a news search with garrett mining as a keyword
I like to know who im working for
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by MajorTom »

Storyck nods as the yazirian comes up with ideas but secretly wonders if he is smart enough to be of any use. Until he arrived in the big city yesterday, he had never before seed a dralasite or yazirian and now he be sitting at a table with two dralasites and a yazirian who clearly be way more educated than he.
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Teflon »

ok gang, heres the info i was able to gather
Garret Mining Inc.
Established 5 years ago on Pale with office on New Pale. Herve Garret CEO/Owner.
Economic Rating: A
Ecological Rating: A
Safety Rating: A-
Employee Rating: A+
Diversity Rating: A
Government Rating: B
Estimated Staying Power Rating: B+

Overall rating of company is excellent. Has gone above and beyond to help those under their employee. Highly recommended for employment opportunity.
not much help i'm afraid
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by MajorTom »

"Maybe he be victim of success? Like someone else who doan like him send in, what be the word? Agitators?"
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Teflon »

I looked for competing mining companies, nothing came up
i'm thinking our best bet is the mining town.
Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Teflon »

"I will return momentarily I need to check one more thing."
(ooc Im going to go back to the info terminal, i want to do a search on our mr garrett hiomself, not just his company.)
MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by MajorTom »

"Hokay," the big but youthful human says. "How we get there?" He looks uncertainly between T'prin and Mr. Garret."
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Garret looks very pleased and says, "I will provide transport for everyone." Garret activates a comm unit and waits for 10 seconds, then speaks, "This is Garret. Get Busty Laischa ready for launch a.s.a.p." Garret turns to the group again. "Before we leave, is anyone lacking a weapon?"

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”