DOMAIN OF EVIL - Episode One: Crash Landing

smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

Re: DOMAIN OF EVIL - Episode One: Crash Landing

#61 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane Corb
"Jane Corb your friendly neighborhood bounty hunter. I am here to help if the pay is right. If not I will go on and steal my ship my self."
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by kipper »

"How do we know you're not going to turn us over to the rest of them the first chance you get?" Clark asks bluntly.
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#63 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane Corb

"You can never know for sure but what you do know is without me you will over run by the others all I can say is they are down down 3 men 2 dead and the other is standing before you.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Zinn rummages around his gear, looking for emergency ration bars or something that he had to have tucked into his gear at some point. He knows they need to get some kind of nourishment, and soon, or they were going to be in real trouble.

Then suddenly it seems they are in real trouble, as a bounty hunter slips into their camp without them catching his presence beforehand. Zinn is somewhat confused by the fact that the man seems to be asking them to hire him, even though he has just been busy helping to shoot them out of the sky. Raising an eyebrow, he asks, "Why are you jumping ship? Seems to me you had a fairly cushy gig with those other hunters. What happened to the two men who were with you? And why would you be willing to help us, knowing there is still a team of bounty hunters out there who are after our heads?"
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#65 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane
"I am jumping ship because I didn't like the company that I was keeping.The two men I was with are now dead probably food for some nasty swamp creature because they decided that my offer of partnership was not agreeable so they tried to kill me.The reason that I am willing to help you is you might have credits which is my calling card and you need a ship a gun and someone who is better than the hunters chasing you that means I am your man. That is if you are up to a little theft."Jane says with a smirk.
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by kipper »

"Well, if you're here then make yourself useful." Clark says to Jane. "There's got to be something edible around here, and we need it."

Clark attempts to focus his mind to think of something he can find/catch, and then sets about putting in motion the plans to get it.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Jumpin ship but where were you when yer ship was shootin at ours?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#68 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane"I was waiting for a time to jump ship."
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#69 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Zinn looks sidelong at Jane. "You'll have to forgive my caution here, but I'd think you'd agree that it's warranted, given the circumstances. I'm curious why you'd bother asking us to hire you, when you've just said you're looking for the opportunity to steal. You're obviously in better shape than we are at the moment; why are you making the offer, rather than beating us into unconsciousness (or worse), and taking what we have? I, for one, would certainly like to be able to take you at face value, especially in the dire circumstances in which we find ourselves; but I am having trouble with these points of interest..."
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#70 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane"Truth be told I was on my way to steal a ship when I found your camp.I looked you guys over knowing you guys need help I figured why not just get off this rock but make some credits. The reason I don't club you all and take you in is because I couldn't drag all of you to the ship before the other hunters caught me."
GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "I'll be honest I don't trust you...yet. But I do know we need to get the frack off this planet."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#72 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane"You are a smart man knowing that you need my help. So let's now tally to long because if I found you by accident then it won't take long for the other hunters to find your little camp."
GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Agreed lets move on out."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Okay, I guess I'm doing a bad job of explaining this clearly, my apologies, but everyone except Jane is just about to faint from hunger and thirst…..

The energy spent getting through the battle in the sky and then getting to this island and then setting up the shelter has pretty much just about used up everyone's strength. Basically, if any of you attempt to get up and move anywhere; you're gonna be wobbling on your feet and likely falling on your face. This rationale conversation most of you are having with Jane is coming out sounding like a bunch of people talking in their sleep.

So….Corb, while you're not a survival expert you would know that basically, they're gonna need some water before they can do just about ANYTHING. After that, they MAY be able to stumble around a bit; but they're getting no-where fast.

Clark would know that the snake-like reptiles they've seen in some of the trees, along with the flying reptiles that also live in the trees would be the closest form of meat….and they're MAY be some fruits, berries or fungi in the plentiful fauna nearby they could attempt to consume. Water is VERY easy to get here; though it would be best to boil it first.

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure everybody really understood their condition……my fault for not really spelling it out earlier….sorry!
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#75 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane starts searching the area looking for fresh water and any food he can find moving quickly knowing that the hunters could be closing in.
GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin sleeps then does all the other stuff when he is awake in the morning.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Zinn drifts in and out of consciousness, his strength long spent through the arduous events of their day. He vaguely remembers speaking to someone claiming to be one of the bounty hunters who had been chasing their party; through the fog enshrouding his brain, he seems to remember the man offering to help them in return for being paid.

Just now, though, these fleeting thoughts don't hold his attention for more than a few moments; he quickly succumbs to the dire need for rest yet again, becoming, once more, dead to the world.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by max_vale »

Jane Corb uses the last of his water and rations to pass out amongst the severely dehydrated and hungry Rebels and then starts a quick fire with some branches from the numerous nearby trees and some torn cloth and a muffled blaster shot due to the wet nature of the wood being unlikely to light using other means at his disposal.

He then takes his emptied flask of water and fills it with marsh water and boils it over the fire and waits for it to cool down before spreading it amongst the five in-and-out-of-consciousness Rebel Agents. Then he takes a Vibroblade from Professor Clark and uses it to take out a large snake wrapped around a tree that had been slowly moving in the direction of the shelter created by La'Reth; intrigued by the possible new prey, no doubt.

It wasn't pretty, but soon he had made a make-shift spit over the fire with some roasted snake and the smell woke up the starving Rebels and soon all had eaten enough of the not-particularly-tasty-but-nonetheless-WONDERFUL meat and everyone was feeling MUCH better. Corb was now the tired one; but as he started to find a place to lay down in the make-shift shelter in the darkness of night; he felt as if he was being watched.

He wasn't alone; everyone had that feeling and the suddenly, eerily silent night appeared to be filled with red or green glowing eyes in the darkness outside the fire-light. Everyone passed through an unsettling night; everyone waking up every hour or so; convinced some dread creature was about to strike; only to find nothing there.

Morning finally broke and the Rebel band plus recent Bounty Hunter were woken up by drops of fresh falling rain; though thankfully the morning rains didn't appear to be a violent thunderstorm like the one yesterday and though everyone griped about the rough way to start from a rough night; the rain soon passed; leaving the band to choose which course of action to take....
smoke warrior
Tracker
Tracker

#79 Post by smoke warrior »

Jane Corb"Our best bet is to head out towards my new Ship" Jane says as he packs up his gear and checking his weapons.
GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "That may likely be our best option at this point."

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”