Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

#61 Post by SlyFox »

Rubesca pours some of the wine from a copper pitcher into a cup and takes it to Biblo. She takes a seat by him. "You should eat something. I overheard Corun talking about the goblins that are being held prisoner here. There's a pretty good chance we could get them to help us in a fight against the rest of kobolds. Let them go at it and we can pick off the week goblins once the battle's over. There's every reason to believe they want revenge against the kobolds and would worry about them before worrying about us."

The clerics are getting very serious about seeing to it that everyone eats something before resuming any further activity. Dakara goes so far as to dig around in people's packs and shoving food at them if they are not already eating.

Corun and Rubesca both question the others on how they think they should proceed from here. Corun thinks its a good chance the goblins being held prisoner might actually serve some purpose to the party, but that would mean heading through the secret door to the south and facing off with at least two of the kobolds that escaped, if not more that might not yet have made an appearance. He also thinks questioning the goblins (if they're agreeable at the time) might get them more information than the kobold could give since they've lived here a lot longer.
Life is that thing that gets in the way when you're trying to live.
DM - Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence
Xerea, Barbarian Amazon - A People Divided
Gilgalore, Elf F/Th/MU - The Haunted Mines of Gomor
DesertFox, Tribal Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Nordbo »

Merthyr

Did Merthyr perceive that Fanxyl took the shield that was offered ? Or did it just fall to the ground, clanging but unnoticed, as soon as Merthyr let go of it.
SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by SlyFox »

Haha! DM has made a note that Fanxyl has the shield. Now eat your lunch and keep your strength up before Dakara starts cramming food down your throat.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Dram »

Flanxyl takes the shield offered by Merthyr.

Thanks s this shield will offer me some protection till I can get my armor the rest of my gear.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt "Alright well I think out best course is to deal with that secret door first before we get more kobolds on both sides of us. After that we can work on the other caves and spiders if there are actually any spiders in the web cave room."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Dizlexus »

AleBelly wrote:Adel is appalled at the discussion taking place before him. As Freddie walks away, Adel follows him, getting between Fred and Jenn. He whispers, almost hisses, to the foppish dandy. "Perhaps in the future you'll be more judicious on who you charm, you vain little elf! She shouldn't die simply because you wanted a trinket of hers."
Adel is NOT privy to this discussion -- these ideas were whispered.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Zhym »

Llewellyn DeNonce, Lawyer-Assassin

"That is fascinating," he tells Jenn. "You are quite fortunate to be in a position to follow your interests and do what you enjoy. So few are. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, however: your beau Freddie will be safer if you return to Farmtown and wait for us to return. I know it would be difficult, but you know how men can get distracted when the objects of their affection are around! They cannot think straight, and that's dangerous in a place like this. I must also ask lady: can you handle a weapon? If not, then one of our number would be tasked with protecting you instead of battling monsters. Sometimes love means keeping some distance, when necessary. It is not my place to say, of course. Merely free advice from one who is usually paid for it." He smiles and stands up. "Now, if you will pardon me, I must speak to Freddie for a moment."

Llewellyn walks over to Freddie. He lays a hand on the fop's shoulder and speaks quietly to him. "I must inform you that I cannot represent you in the contract matter we discussed earlier. There are certain complications that would make such a representation both expensive and unwise. My sincere regrets."
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Dizlexus »

Zhym wrote:Llewellyn DeNonce, Lawyer-Assassin

"That is fascinating," he tells Jenn. "You are quite fortunate to be in a position to follow your interests and do what you enjoy. So few are. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, however: your beau Freddie will be safer if you return to Farmtown and wait for us to return. I know it would be difficult, but you know how men can get distracted when the objects of their affection are around! They cannot think straight, and that's dangerous in a place like this. I must also ask lady: can you handle a weapon? If not, then one of our number would be tasked with protecting you instead of battling monsters. Sometimes love means keeping some distance, when necessary. It is not my place to say, of course. Merely free advice from one who is usually paid for it." He smiles and stands up. "Now, if you will pardon me, I must speak to Freddie for a moment."

Llewellyn walks over to Freddie. He lays a hand on the fop's shoulder and speaks quietly to him. "I must inform you that I cannot represent you in the contract matter we discussed earlier. There are certain complications that would make such a representation both expensive and unwise. My sincere regrets."
Freddie The Fop

Says to Llewellyn, in a time and at place Adel can not hear shit:

I understand good sir. A professional must maintain a clean store front, so to speak. I'll stage an accident or something. I appreciate your consideration of the matter. If you have any ideas to help Freddie out, please do share.
All GMs are evil.
SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by SlyFox »

DM ruling on secret conversations: Put them in a spoiler and anyone wanting to listen in will first have to make a roll for 'hear noise' before deciding to go to that area. Those in private conversation will get a roll to see if they notice the person first and stop talking.
FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by FronkyDondo »

Gwydion, Elf Ranger
(having thankfully overheard *nothing*)
"When everyone is ready, we need to decide what to do, i.e. enlisting goblin aid, tracking down fleeing kobolds, opening secret hatch. I have heard talk of each of these options. What is the consensus?"

Coppish, Elf F/T
(having overheard *something* - not sure what, dismisses it as having heard wrong - that the Fop, while lazy and afraid of battle, is surely not Evil. I mean Chaotic Neutral is one thing, but that is EVIL. Someone like that would deserve to be tied up and left in a dark, kobold hole and left for dead. Just sayin'. Llewellyn - at least he's honest about who and what he is...)
He eyes the seductive Dakara - wishes he could get her attention. Sigh...
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.
GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gwydion, Elf Ranger
(having thankfully overheard *nothing*)
"When everyone is ready, we need to decide what to do, i.e. enlisting goblin aid, tracking down fleeing kobolds, opening secret hatch. I have heard talk of each of these options. What is the consensus?"
Trendt "Gwydion, I've offered a plan just waitin' for others ta chime in."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by Dizlexus »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Trendt "Alright well I think out best course is to deal with that secret door first before we get more kobolds on both sides of us. After that we can work on the other caves and spiders if there are actually any spiders in the web cave room."
I agree, says the Fop. Shall I take the honors of entering first? I wish not to be presumptuous . . . but I am willing.

Correcting Coppish, Freddie is not afraid of combat - but he is lazy. But combat is dirty. And Chaotic Neutral is WAY a murder alignment-- big time. That's why all the funny memes about CN
;)
All GMs are evil.
SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by SlyFox »

I was just reading that alignment definition last night too. Stunned me!
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by Nuke66 »

Sammy the Barbarian

"I say we clean out this kobold den through the secret door, then the spider caves, then the trap door. Seems the safest plan to me."
Sammy rises after eating and stretches a bit.

"I am ready to go." he says
FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by FronkyDondo »

Coppish
Whispering, so as not to be overheard by the clerics Rubesca and Dakara,"does anyone else get the impression that the clerics are trying to fatten us up... Like to be fed to something?"
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by AleBelly »

FronkyDondo wrote:Coppish
Whispering, so as not to be overheard by the clerics Rubesca and Dakara,"does anyone else get the impression that the clerics are trying to fatten us up... Like to be fed to something?"
Adel approaches Coppish and whispers
"Maybe Trendt has a detect evil spell...clerics know that one, don't they? Perhaps you should talk to him."
Out loud, he proclaims "Sounds like there's general agreement to head south. If we hurry, our enemies won't have much time to assemble a plan of defense."

He takes up a place in the marching order near the secret door to the south.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Nordbo »

Merthyr

With this 'ability' roll: d20 roll: [1d20] = 17 I'd like to find out if Merthyr has been able to hear/cottoned on to/guessed/otherwise sensed the internal murder plots being discussed by members of the group?
SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by SlyFox »

N.B. Corun Felcar (Ranger) is everybody's best buddy and gets around. He knows pretty much everything about everyone and everything, except for what's in this cave. He can be talked to, openly or pulled aside, and will freely share any and all information anyone needs or wishes from him, but will never give secrets that might endanger someone or betray a trust. Use him for info if you need to. He only has everyone's best interests at heart. I'll post up a main post tonight to get things going after the party's lunch break. I think the general consensus is to go south through the secret door.

Merthyr notices some whispering and strange looks while others seem a little irritated, but he catches the conversation between Llewellyn and Jenn and sees that the belly dancer might just be talked into going back to the village. He definitely understands Dakara was worried about the food consumption, but couldn't catch the rest of it.

There is then the rumbling sound of both secret doors shutting themselves, as happened just before the kobold attack. The dead kobold prisoner had mentioned a lever behind the torch for the secret door, much like the one in the other room where the trap door is contained.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl ask Corun What has this group been hired to do here in these caves? Where is this secret door you are all talking about?

I vote to wipeout the rest of the kobolds. Then moving onto caves. Then this trap door
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nuke66 wrote:Sammy the Barbarian

"I say we clean out this kobold den through the secret door, then the spider caves, then the trap door. Seems the safest plan to me."
Sammy rises after eating and stretches a bit.

"I am ready to go." he says
Trendt
smiles when he hears Sammy's input.
"Sammy I think that this is going to become a great friendship between you and I."

Return to “Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence (1ed)”