13. Remaining in O'Hare (Updated: All players)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 13. Remaining in O'Hare (No Alethan and Stonjuz)

#61 Post by saalaria »

A look of resignation on his face, Kaltar followed Ewell into the boozer...
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by dmw71 »

"Out!" Gustov repeats his demand, speaking even louder this time. Still, no other patrons react to the potential situation unfolding before them. "Do not let this come to force." the innkeeper warns.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tooleychris »

the other patrons are thinking "eh, gustov is a 15th level assassin..He can handle it."
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:the other patrons are thinking "eh, gustov is a 15th level assassin..He can handle it."
:lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:"Out!" Gustov repeats his demand, speaking even louder this time. Still, no other patrons react to the potential situation unfolding before them. "Do not let this come to force." the innkeeper warns.
Ewell grins and quips,
oh yeah...how are you going to kick us out? Be nice to my friends and I will forget your disrespectful tone... if not... he turns his sword so the glimmer shines around.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by tooleychris »

Grim laughs from the bar as he finishes pouring wine from bottle to skin. He sets his hand axes on the bar and shouT's to Ewel : "Weez done wit chattin dem up already? "
He gives a grim glare to the bad man.
"Suits me. "
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by onlyme »

tooleychris wrote:Grim laughs from the bar as he finishes pouring wine from bottle to skin. He sets his hand axes on the bar and shouT's to Ewel : "Weez done wit chattin dem up already? "
He gives a grim glare to the bad man.
"Suits me. "

Ewell flashes his grin, while rubbing his beautifully manicured 'stache and replies to Grim...Nah, you can still chat em up. It's just a question of whether they stop being cooperative... Right Mr Innkeep?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

"Out!" Gustov repeats his demand, speaking even louder this time. "Do not let this come to force." the innkeeper warns. Ewell grins and quips, "Oh yeah, how are you going to kick us out?" he begins to angle his sword, causing the light to glimmer off his steel.

Ewell, and Strom standing next to the young knight, both feel extremely relaxed and, an instant later, fall into a comatose slumber.

Across the main room, a young pair of humans stand just outside the back door leading to Gustov's chamber.

The innkeeper grins at the party members still awake. "As you can see, I have abilities beyond what you've seen. Now, the rest of you, collect these two--" indicating the sleeping knights "-- and exit my inn. I will not hesitate to provide further demonstrations of my abilities if you fail to comply."

---

Actions?
-- Project --

-- DM --
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by tooleychris »

who need to be a 15th level assassin when you have a 1st level magic user spell? :shock: Does Gustov know Grimnail wwas with the others?
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:Does Gustov know Grimnail was with the others?
He hasn't let on that he knows, and might not, but you can't know for certain. ;)
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by saalaria »

Dave when you say 'back door' its still an internal door isn't it?

Kaltar shakes his head at his friend's predicament and will start to get Strom out.

"I will get them out but I have a feeling they will want to come back again."

Kaltar will take Strom out and down the street slightly and return and do the same for Ewell. He will then try water and then slapping to wake them.

TC stay undercover and see what you can learn.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by tooleychris »

Grim laughs uneasily at the display of magic.
"Seems maybe yous all can be takin guut care of yerselves, eh? Still, a strong arm at yer call might help a bit. Yous gots use of Grim?"
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Computer +1 »

Hmmm no saving throw? Did he move to cast before we went to sleep? Did we see anyone else gesturing or moving? oH well.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Fimmion's stomach lets out a roar as the scene dies down. Placing a hand over his stomach, he sheepishly smiles at the elderly gentleman. "So, uhh... about that Inn Special? My stomach is starting to talk back at me," Fimmion ends with a bit of a chuckle. Looking into his coinpurse he just shakes his head and says, "I can definitely at least afford the room, I will take that for the night. Walking for almost a whole day will do a number on your legs."

Though this may be done out of trying to get on Gustov's good side, truthfully, Fimmion is much more interested in the quality of food in this 'fine' establishment. If its very good, he may be able to overlook a few things here and there, and keep up his friendly face.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Neat trick. Hah!" O'rek states blandly as he watches the man fall unconscious. "Now...ahem...how 'bout that wine?" He finishes with a cheeky grin.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by onlyme »

Ewell answers with "zzzzzzzzzzz"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:Hmmm no saving throw? Did he move to cast before we went to sleep? Did we see anyone else gesturing or moving? oH well.
There is no saving through against the affects of a Sleep spell. No, you did not see Gustov gesture or utter any verbal commands.
It is possible that Gustov was not the caster.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Dave when you say 'back door' its still an internal door isn't it?
Yes.

From the introductory post when the group initially arrived at the Goat: "At the far end of this right wall is a closed door." I couldn't find the other post, but it is the door which Gustov retreated into after his disagreement with Guillaume earlier, so you suspect it leads to his quarters.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Sleeping on the Job

#79 Post by dmw71 »

Ewell, and Strom standing next to the young knight, both feel extremely relaxed and, an instant later, fall into a comatose slumber.

The innkeeper grins at the party members still awake Kaltar, the only remaining party member still awake. "As you can see, I have abilities beyond what you've seen. Now, the rest of you, collect these two--" indicating the sleeping knights "-- and exit my inn. I will not hesitate to provide further demonstrations of my abilities if you fail to comply."

Kaltar shakes his head at his friends predicament and begins to comply with Gustov's demands. "I will get them out, but I have a feeling they will want to come back again." he says as he efforts to remove the sleeping form of Strom first. (Technically, with your encumbrance issues, I'm not even positive you'd be able to drag out the sleeping knights from the Inn, but I'll allow it. It would have to be a pretty funny sight, though, as it requires every ounce of strength you'll have to simply drag your companions.) Gustov simply smirks at the thought of the pair returning.

Kaltar does finally manage to get Strom out and down and props him up against the front, outside wall of the Inn before returning to get his other sleeping companion, which he does successfully. Once the pair are outside and moved down the street slightly, the effects of the spell begin to naturally wear off.

---

"Neat trick. Hah!" O'rek states blandly as he watches the man fall unconscious "Now...ahem...how 'bout that wine?" He finishes with a cheeky grin while Grimnail laughs uneasily at the display of magic. "Seems maybe yous all can be takin guut care of yerselves, eh? Still, a strong arm at yer call might help a bit. Yous gots use of Grim?"

Gustov, satisfied with the removal of the young knights, ignores Grim's inquiry and joins the pair of human males in the back of the Inn. The three disappear through the door leading to the innkeepers chambers.

Fimmion's stomach lets out a roar as the scene dies down and just as the elderly barkeep passes on his return from the kitchen. Placing a hand over his stomach, Fim sheepishly smiles at the elderly gentleman. "So, uhh... about that Inn Special? My stomach is starting to talk back at me," he ends with a bit of a chuckle. Looking into his coinpurse he just shakes his head and says, "I can definitely at least afford the room, I will take that for the night. Walking for almost a whole day will do a number on your legs." The barkeeper remains silent while he distributes the food and drink orders to the three newcomers that remained at the bar, and simply points a finger in the general direction of where Gustov was standing earlier at the mention of a room. "You make that arrangement with him," are the only words the old man utters.

The scene returns to "normal," with Kaltar, Ewell and Strom outside the Inn and Grimnail, O'rek and Fimmion at the bar. Gustov is no longer in the room; all the locals continue to go about their business, almost completely ignoring the earlier scene; and the barkeeper refuses to engage in any social exchange, merely goes about his business and looking annoyed any time he is interrupted with another request.
-- Project --

-- DM --
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tooleychris »

Grim eyes the barkeeper.
"Not much fer talkin, eh?" he gets up and heads to the door that Gustov exited and knocks loudly.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”