DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Sailors on the Starless Sea(Continued)

#61 Post by AQuebman »

Stouthart wrote:Kunno
Vargr1105 wrote:"What in the blazes, boy?! I thought I told ya to stay back at the village?", Goratrix tells Kunno. His expression is a mix of anger and relief.
"I think we have bigger problems to worry about right now, dad." Kunno points at the tentacles thrashing in the water. "That looks like what I saw on the mural upstairs! Maybe we should wear this robe and go up on that rock thing!" Kunno points to the menhir and without waiting for a reply, throws on the robe he was carrying and heads towards it. If there are stairs leading up he will take them.

This is what I will do for my initiative. And here's where I kill my first DCC character :shock:
Initiative
Kunno: 15
Heltel: 14
Goratrix: 13
Aengus: 2
Kunno climbs to the top of the menhir and puts on the decaying robe which is clearly intended to be worn by a man as it is very large on the young Kunno. When he reaches the top the tentacles hanging in the air seem to turn towards him and one of which smacks the water expectantly. You think back to the mural again "DM: Give me a DC5 Intelligence Check
ragnboneshopper wrote:Initiative [1d20] = 14

Taken by the ancient madness of some insane god, Heltel quietly slips out his mace, intending to hit Aengus in the back of the head before he can react.

Heltel Attack Roll, Mace: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14; Damage: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2

When the fight breaks out on shore, Rolfo yells at Heltel: "What's got into yer head, shaman? Hey there, on the shore, stop 'em!" The dwarf starts to climb back overboard to help break up the fight.

Heltel Will Saving Throw: [1d20] = 4 :roll:

And just realized I get a +1 on that, but that's only 5 and Heltel's only got 4 Luck left. Good thing Aengus has that hauberk on, NJ! :shock:
Heltel slips out his mace, the blood thirst very apparent in his now distant eyes. He takes a heavy swing at Aengus who barely steps to the side at the last second and is only brushed by the heavy mace destined for his head. The compulsion still holds true and Heltel still feels driven to sacrifice the nearest companion he can.

Rolfo climbs back onto the beach without incident "DM: Please roll init for Rolfo."

DM: Goratrix I need your actions. I'm pushing this puppy forward with Aengus's actions and Round 2 tomorrow night.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Not noticing the fight breaking out on the shore Uriel looks around at his companions on the boat." Help me steer this boat toward the shore. When there we can anchor it close to the beach. That way we at least wevhave a way of getting out of this place when the time comes. Besides, there is an island or something that the spirits, of the crushed skulls, traveled to when released that is in need of adventuring."

Uriel, will wait for a response. If the other's help than they will guide the boat to shore and anchor it.
DM: Since the boat's already on the shore is there something else you wanted to do while on the boat?
Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#63 Post by Stouthart »

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by MrHemlocks »

AQuebman wrote:
MrHemlocks wrote:Not noticing the fight breaking out on the shore Uriel looks around at his companions on the boat." Help me steer this boat toward the shore. When there we can anchor it close to the beach. That way we at least wevhave a way of getting out of this place when the time comes. Besides, there is an island or something that the spirits, of the crushed skulls, traveled to when released that is in need of adventuring."

Uriel, will wait for a response. If the other's help than they will guide the boat to shore and anchor it.
DM: Since the boat's already on the shore is there something else you wanted to do while on the boat?
Uriel, looks around the boat for a lower level. "I know there must be a level below this one. I just need to find it."
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Rolfo climbs back onto the beach without incident "DM: Please roll init for Rolfo."
Rolfo Initiative [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10
Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Fruldrick searches the top of the watercraft, assisting Uriel in identifying a lower deck.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative
Round 2
Kunno: 15
Heltel: 14 - Compelled
Rolfo: 10
Aengus: 2 Compelled until his turn in round 2
Kunno thinks back to the mural and it clicks, it appears to be referring to a gift or sacrifice to appease the tentacles.
MrHemlocks wrote:
AQuebman wrote:

Uriel, looks around the boat for a lower level. "I know there must be a level below this one. I just need to find it."
Uriel & Fruldrick find a lower level on the boat. It's full of chains and manacles many of which show signs of recent use. You also find more filthy rotten hides similar to the ones you saw as you passed through the upper beast man tower.

Goratrix stand and watches the in-fighting in horror
OOC: Still haven't heard from Goratrix and that's with an extra day or so beyond the two day post limit so i'm moving past him.

DM: Rolfo's turn is to get down to the beach his next free action will be in the 3rd round

NJWilliam wrote:With a strange look in his eyes, Aengus turns to Heltel and swings at him with his chainmail clad fist. (ooc: Aengus was just looking around for sling ammo, so I'm hoping he gets to punch rather than ready his spear or mace and then attack, his unarmed attack is also his most effective since he gets his luck modifier on it)

Aengus Initiative: [1d20] = 2

Aegus Unarmed Attack (subdual damage): to hit [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage [1d3+2] = 3+2 = 5
If Heltel is attacking with lethal force, and would hit Aengus, Aengus will burn luck to get initiative and 5 more to score a hit with his fist (assuming he has enough luck). Aengus has 14 luck to burn.
If he lives: Aengus Will Save: [1d20] = 14
He may burn 1 luck to make that save, if he lives, can I wait to see how other things turn out before deciding?
Aengus swings wildly at Heltel with his chainmail clad fist aiming to knock the shaman's head off his shoulders but his attack is wildly inaccurate. Aengus continues to struggle grabbing his head in pain. His mind fights, trying to force itself back to the surface DM: If you survive Heltel's round 2 i'll perma burn your luck down 1 and you will be free of the compulsion and be able to react on your turn with Aengus

DM: Kunno's Action Start of Round 2
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by NJWilliam »

Bronn, Human Trapper

When Bronn hears Rolfo and Fruldrick shout about a fight onshore, he turns to see Heltel's mace nearly kill his brother Aengus. Infuriated, he watches Kunno walk away from the battle while Goratrix stands around doing nothing to stop Heltel from killing his brother.

Suddenly, taken with fury he bellows with all his might at Heltel, "By Klazath's teeth, RETREAT!!!"

ooc: Yes, he's trying to use a word of command at zero level! He has 17 personality and 13 luck . . .
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by AQuebman »

NJWilliam wrote:Bronn, Human Trapper

When Bronn hears Rolfo and Fruldrick shout about a fight onshore, he turns to see Heltel's mace nearly kill his brother Aengus. Infuriated, he watches Kunno walk away from the battle while Goratrix stands around doing nothing to stop Heltel from killing his brother.

Suddenly, taken with fury he bellows with all his might at Heltel, "By Klazath's teeth, RETREAT!!!"

ooc: Yes, he's trying to use a word of command at zero level! He has 17 personality and 13 luck . . .
DM: Bronn, please give me a Personality Check DC 15 and a Luck roll in which you must roll under your luck. Please make the personality roll first because if you burn any luck it will alter what you need to roll under to make your second.

OOC: BTW is Klazath from something or perhaps a deity you imagined Bronn worshipping?
Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#70 Post by Stouthart »

Kunno

Kunno shouts down to the others, "It's like the mural on the wall! We need to give something to the monster so it will let us pass!" Hoping it won't only accept a human sacrifice like depicted in the mural, Kunno takes the silver ring from his hand.

OOC: If there is an altar or something up there, Kunno will place it on that. If not, he will toss it into the water.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by NJWilliam »

AQuebman wrote:DM: Bronn, please give me a Personality Check DC 15 and a Luck roll in which you must roll under your luck. Please make the personality roll first because if you burn any luck it will alter what you need to roll under to make your second.

OOC: BTW is Klazath from something or perhaps a deity you imagined Bronn worshipping?
Klazath:
DCC, page 32, lists Klazath as the Lawful God of War. If Bronn lives to level 1, he will choose to be a cleric of Klazath if there is any chance of doing so.
Bronn, Personality Check: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

ooc: Bronn perma burns 10 luck for his brother.

Luck roll: [1d20] = 1
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Worthless Lower Level

#72 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfing Haberdasher

Fruldrick searches through the skins and manacles, leaving no item untouched. He looks to Uriel, "I fear this is a fruitless search. Our companions are beating each other on the beach, others have already fallen prey to that water beast, and we are on a ship that cannot be sailed".
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Vargr1105 »

Goratrix

The sage scampers after his adopted son, intent on protecting him at all costs. "Wait boy, wait! It might be dangerous...this whole place is cursed..await a moment..(etc)."

Obviously, given the initiative roll he can't strop Kunno from doing whatever he wants to do. :)
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by AQuebman »

Stouthart wrote:Kunno

Kunno shouts down to the others, "It's like the mural on the wall! We need to give something to the monster so it will let us pass!" Hoping it won't only accept a human sacrifice like depicted in the mural, Kunno takes the silver ring from his hand.

OOC: If there is an altar or something up there, Kunno will place it on that. If not, he will toss it into the water.
Initiative
Round 2
Kunno: 16
Bronn: 15
Kunno tosses his ring into the waves. The waves engulf the jewelry and after a moment or so a few of the tentacles dive into the water and come back up. They then begin to smack the water in what seems to be an irritated manner. Kunno is pretty sure his offer was not enough to appease the beast.
NJWilliam wrote:
AQuebman wrote:DM: Bronn, please give me a Personality Check DC 15 and a Luck roll in which you must roll under your luck. Please make the personality roll first because if you burn any luck it will alter what you need to roll under to make your second.

Klazath:
DCC, page 32, lists Klazath as the Lawful God of War. If Bronn lives to level 1, he will choose to be a cleric of Klazath if there is any chance of doing so.
Bronn, Personality Check: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

ooc: Bronn perma burns 10 luck for his brother.

Luck roll: [1d20] = 1
For Bronn
Bronn hears very clearly in his mind a deep gravelly voice. "You are still not ready for my gifts but I sense the courage of a warrior in your heart. For this courage I bless you with the commanding voice of the War God Klazath!" There's a brief pause as you feel a surge of power rush into your body before the voice returns. "You owe me a debt now, young Bronn. When you return to civilization you will see a warhammer that glows only to your eyes upon the young blacksmith. You must take it and offer it up to me to repay this debt. Until then you will think of nothing else."
Bronn turns and looks down upon Heltel and with commanding fury the word "Retreat!" comes pouring forth from his mouth and echoes several times around the beach. Those nearest Bronn see the faint figure of a large armored warrior standing behind Bronn as he speaks and then quickly dissipates.

DM: Heltel must make a DC 15 will save to resist the Word of Command. Since your compelled you cannot purposely fail the save by the way. This save should decide your action for the round I do believe either run or kill :evil:
Bronn is constantly thinking of this request Klazath has asked of him. Until the request has been completed he will suffer a -4 to all actions.

OOC: I know Bronn's not in initiative but i'm going to let this happen immediately since it's been kind of loose and I like the thought/roleplay and hell you burn 10 luck your paying a price for it. I updated Bronn's luck to show the burn so he is now at the minimum of 3. Also as a note normally an untrained character would roll a d10 with no bonus of any kind to cast a spell. Since Bronn is heading the route of a cleric I thought it fitting to give you a better chance and introduce Klazath. Be aware Klazath is not written up so I will have to start writing him up since it's not already in the book. I don't mind just wanted to make your aware he's one of the unpublished deities.
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Heltel will save: [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 :evil:

Heltel ignores Bronn and continues to attack Aengus with his mace. As his former companion falls before him, he starts wrestling the man's body toward the sea, disregarding any who try to stop him...

Heltel attack roll, mace: [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21; damage: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 :o

You can't make this up, folks. Sorry, there NJ... :shock:
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, yells from the top of the boat."If this monster is need of an offering than may I suggest that one of you run back and grab one of those dead beast men and give it as an offering."

Noticing the fight, on the beach, Uriel jumps down, off the boat, and sees if there is anything he can do to stop it.

ooc...He will use subdual damage on the nearest person and ask for help to subdual the other combatant.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by AQuebman »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Heltel will save: [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 :evil:

Heltel ignores Bronn and continues to attack Aengus with his mace. As his former companion falls before him, he starts wrestling the man's body toward the sea, disregarding any who try to stop him...

Heltel attack roll, mace: [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21; damage: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 :o

You can't make this up, folks. Sorry, there NJ... :shock:

Initiative
Round 2
Bronn looks nervously down upon Heltel as his spell from Klazath begins to take hold. Heltel grasps his skull in pain and he begins to scream out in agony. Behind the young shaman a misty form begins to rise for the briefest of moments. It's that of a large cyclopean creature with a bony face, rams horns upon it's head, a rust colored left pauldron covered with spikes and a humanoids head. It also appears to be wielding a wicked looking flail as it turns to Bronn and cackles maniacally before disappearing. Heltel the wise and lawful shaman then arises and comes down upon Aengus's head with vicious force crushing his skull with a loud crunch and a shower of blood and bone fragments. A wild rage fills his eyes as he then begins to drag the ditch diggers corpse out towards the water.

DM: Uriel please roll init to join the combat and try to wrestle with Heltel.

Uriel is fairly certain that a dead beastman would only anger the great tentacle monster. Thinking back to the symbols of chaos you've seen throughout this place and other clues you have come across you've come to establish it either requires a great monetary sacrifice, a living sacrifice, or an item to subdue the creature but what that is you are not sure. That or defeating it in battle but as you have seen first hand it is unlikely to turn out in your favor.

OOC: We will finish out the round and then on his third round turn Heltel will get another save for the compulsion. Sorry Aengus you certainly can't make this shit up lol.
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Re: DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

#78 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, yells at Heltel in the hopes of stopping the attack. "Damn man what madness has gotten into you?"

int roll... [1d20] = 8
Last edited by MrHemlocks on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

#79 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel, grabs for Heltel in the hopes of stopping the attack. "Damn man what madness has gotten into you?"

int roll... [1d20] = 8
Initiative
Round 2
Rolfo: 10 <--
Uriel: 8
Goratrix scampers off standing in front of Kunno in a protective manner, hoping to defend him at all costs.

DM: For your knowledge I posted the grappling rules below. Rolfo comes first but to speed things up in case we reach Uriel's grapple at the end of the round. Heltel and Uriel give me a d20 + str or agi whichever is your highest. It doesn't specify it but for the purposes of multiple attackers on one defender the defender will have to beat all of the attackers to break free.

Grappling: Each party makes opposed attack rolls, adding
the higher of their Agility or Strength modifier. An attacker
twice the opponent’s size adds +4 to the opposed roll; an
attacker triple the opponent’s size adds +8 to the opposed
roll; an attacker quadruple the opponent’s size adds +16
to the opposed roll; and so on. If the attacker wins the opposed
roll, he has grappled and pinned his opponent. If the
attacker loses the opposed roll, the grapple fails.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Worthless Lower Level

#80 Post by AQuebman »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfing Haberdasher

Fruldrick searches through the skins and manacles, leaving no item untouched. He looks to Uriel, "I fear this is a fruitless search. Our companions are beating each other on the beach, others have already fallen prey to that water beast, and we are on a ship that cannot be sailed".
OOC: You can sail the ship, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”