OOC II

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#61 Post by Rex »

shaidar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:03 pm Arngier charges towards the drake, hurling his shorkana:

Move 6 squares:
Combat: [1d100]=10 attack [1d100]=99 defense [1d100]=80 hit location [_4d6]=(6+2+4+5)=17 damage
Oh, oh, is that a CS?
It is. Very nice. At work so can't tell you what the injury is but should be at least an S2 and maybe a S3.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

I am waiting on sastaz to post an action. I will most likely update over the weekend.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rex »

I didn't explain any outcomes to try and keep the thread clean. But if anyone wants me to I don't mind just let me know and I can post it here. I will show Turnips math on her attack roll as it was very close.

Turnip Taburi (throwing knife) EML 83.
Modifiers:
Medium range -20
Moving -10
Very large target (16+ feet) +15

Final EML 68
Roll 66, MS

An awesome first round on your side. The Drake's next roll will be at half EML due to Murgar's Hex and due to the 7 points of Injuries it will also go last and at a further -35 penalty. You have the upper hand.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rex »

Another very nice roll.
The Drake could dodge but will need a critical success vs 55 (due to its injuries) so a 10% chance.
If it is a hit it will be to the left hind leg for a A*1, A*2, or A3 depending on the Drakes dodge roll.
So, if the Drake's dodge roll is a CF it will be a S3, a MF it will be a S2, MS it will be a M1. All will require a stumble roll
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by sastaz »

Rex wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:28 pm I didn't explain any outcomes to try and keep the thread clean. But if anyone wants me to I don't mind just let me know and I can post it here. I will show Turnips math on her attack roll as it was very close.

Turnip Taburi (throwing knife) EML 83.
Modifiers:
Medium range -20
Moving -10
Very large target (16+ feet) +15

Final EML 68
Roll 66, MS

An awesome first round on your side. The Drake's next roll will be at half EML due to Murgar's Hex and due to the 7 points of Injuries it will also go last and at a further -35 penalty. You have the upper hand.
Did the Drake "choose" IGNORE defence in this case?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Rex »

It was surprised and had to pick Ignore for the first round. The new round it will defend itself, mostly with dodge.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rex »

I have an appointment tomorrow, work has been crazy, and giving sastaz time to post so update will most likely be Friday night. Sorry everyone it has been a crazy week.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by shaidar »

No problems, hope things settle down for you.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rex »

Thanks. Been crazy lately. I have played Hyperborea at the table every weekend this year so far so that has been nice. Thinking I may run a game on here at some point but it needs to slow down enough so that I can get something put together. We have been slowly implementing some house rules and they are working well at our table so I am slowly getting them into a word doc.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

no problemo here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

Thanks everyone!

Looks like everyone has posted so I will start getting stuff figured out as I have time with the post most likely coming late Friday night or early Saturday morning.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rex »

Hi Everyone. My friend Kallen is going to be joining us. He made a dwarven fire mage last night and just joined the site. I will work him in after the drake fight or if it suddenly goes bad for you before it is over. Welcome him aboard.
Kallen
Squire
Squire

#73 Post by Kallen »

hello everyone.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by sastaz »

Hi Kallen, super nice to have you! :)

My longest running Harn PC was a peleahn shek-pvar. It's better to burn out than to fade away, right?
Kallen
Squire
Squire

#75 Post by Kallen »

I have only small experience with a peleahn my go two is jmoryi shek-pvar.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hello and welcome Kellan!
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by shaidar »

Welcome Kallen!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rex »

As an aside, Kallen was over to play Hyperborea Saturday and made all the rolls for the Drake so you can thank him for helping you out. It was another good round for your side. He is in bad shape now with 9 injury levels so -45 to all his EMLS and surrounded. He has a 19 Endurance so not easy to put down but a S2 or better has a chance now.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by sastaz »

Because that would be 2d6+9 vs END of 19? Ie your house rule is +1 per existing IL?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rex »

Correct 1d6 for each level of the inflicted injury +1 per previous injury level. That way it is written it is 1d6 for all injuries (including the current)and he would have most likely gone down in the first round to your thrown knife doing a minor injury as he would have needed to roll under 19 with 7d6. I tried it that way before and players hated it as they went down even faster than this drake would have.

First round would have looked like this for the Drake:
Algrim hits for a S3, no shock roll required as it can't fail 3d6 vs 19
Then Arngier hit and it would have needed to roll 6d6 vs 19 (63.7% chance he goes down)
Then you hit and he would have needed to roll 7d6 vs 19 (86.3% chance he goes down)
Chance of going down to one of the shock checks is 95.0%

I have a hard time with a throwing knife putting a 18 foot long 500+ pound dragon down. Not that it doesn't help but he should be in bad shape for that to happen,

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”