IC - UtVoV - Killing Kiddaw

tibbius
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC - UtVoV

#61 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones nods and smiles at each of the newlions.
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:02 pm Chones
Chones nods and smiles at each of the newlions.
Sibelius and Joplin look at Chones with somewhat hostile expressions. Or maybe that's innate to their leonid faces and they're really trying to smile. Anyway, they don't respond in a way that makes Chones feel welcome. In fact their body language suggests restrained aggression. Maybe they have a problem with cacogens? Some people do.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret, merrily distributing chunks of bone and marrow:

There are some contractual issues with the Guild that need to be addressed. Unfortunately, the Philosophers, for all their wisdom, neglected to ascertain reliable means of contact or even identification of the specific individuals they contracted with. Chones and I were hoping you could help us out with that.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by tibbius »

Dark blue Stanleigh growls. "It sounds to me," he says, "like you wanna hassle our buddies."

The pride around you take on notably less friendly postures. The gnawing of bone chunks pauses, leaving an uncomfortable silence. You may notice that ears are alert and pupils have dilated.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "Oh my gracious, no. We want to clear up a contractual issue in order to prevent any hassles from occurring. A well-made contract is benefit to all parties, clarifying, as it does, the expectations and responsibilities of all involved and accounting for such circumstances as can be reasonably foreseen. As long as both parties enter into the relationship with good faith and then act with diligence, a contract is definitionally the opposite of a hassle! It is an instrument of tranquility."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones pauses a second, visibly working out the meaning of F's long words. Then he nods. Exactly. We just need to meet these folks. We're not gonna cause anybody any trouble.

[1d20]=10+6 Trying to charm these people.
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by tibbius »

Stanleigh visibly grimaces at Foulqueret's flowery speech. But something in Chones' straightforward approach seems to mollify him.

"Ok," he says. "They bowl down at the Brass Balls, sometimes. Tonight is one of their regular nights. The kid you're looking for is named Kiddaw. He's a true-kin who hangs with cacogens like you."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Urson »

Chones
Thanks, friends. Chones glances over to where the sky-seeking stone is secured. Can I help getting that stone installed? I'm no mech-tech, but extra hands are usually useful.
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:42 pm Chones
Thanks, friends. Chones glances over to where the sky-seeking stone is secured. Can I help getting that stone installed? I'm no mech-tech, but extra hands are usually useful.
"Oh, no, thanks," Vulgus says. "It's just gonna be a spare for now, we're stripping Greenie for parts since -" - "they don't care about that," Sibelius (a pale green new-lion) interjects.

Do you do anything else here, or move on to the Brass Balls alley, or something else?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Urson »

Chones
Unless F has something else, Chones is ready to move on. He'll take an indirect route toward the Brass Balls, sending URV the hawk up to watch for anyone following them.
FA FO
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Pulpatoon »

Before they leave, Foulqueret asks if the Foreigners are interested in sub-contract work. "Not that we have anything now, but it is good to have a replete directory of contacts against future circumstance." If they express even begrudging interest, they will ask for a brief outline of the crew's specialities.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:35 pm Before they leave, Foulqueret asks if the Foreigners are interested in sub-contract work. "Not that we have anything now, but it is good to have a replete directory of contacts against future circumstance." If they express even begrudging interest, they will ask for a brief outline of the crew's specialities.
"Hah," comments Vulgus, the iridescent one, "what do you think we mought be good at?" and he flexes sinewy clawed hands and snarls. Sibelius and Joplin laugh and shove him playfully. Stanleigh studies the group from a step back, inscrutable, haughty, and menacing in a suitably leonine fashion. The other two Foreigners have wandered back into the garage, still sucking their bone chunks like massive furry fanged children with candy.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Pulpatoon »

As Foulqueret leaves the garage, they say amiably to Chones, "I shall tag them as 'muscle, unruly,' and 'mechanics, lightly skilled.' Does that seems like a fair assessment to you?"
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones glances back at the Foreigners, then nods. Just don't let them know what you called 'em.
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by tibbius »

You learn as you approach the alley where Kiddaw throws that you will have some hours to while away before the Brass Balls start to swing. How do you kill time?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Urson »

Chones
Chones looks around, getting an idea of the neighborhood. URV takes off, climbing to about 150 m., and circling to do a general recon of the area.
Is there a map of town?
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by tibbius »

The Brass Balls are in the Red Quarter, a few streets away from the Black Lotus club (10) that is owned by the new-jackal named Prieval Prise.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret reviews his mental notes on the case. "Well, that was a waste of time and a camel femur. But the bowling alley would't have been open any way and I can't imagine that camel femurs are vital for anyone but camels, so I suppose it's no great loss. And while we learned nothing new from the Foreigners, we at least confirmed our information."

When they arrive in the vicinity of the Brass Balls, Foulqueret eagerly points out to Chones that there is a "wonderful bookstore nearby," and tries to drag Chones off to it. If Chones goes, it turns out the "bookstore" is a back alley printer of pamphlets and bills for fringe radicals of various stripes. "They're quite dedicated to getting the truth out there, for those who have the capacity to see it." Foulqueret wanders through wire racks of bails of cheaply printed paper until he comes across the bin of Titans literature. They flip through stacks of conspiracy theories and wild claims with practiced ease, chiming appreciatively or tutting disapprovingly over various titles.

"Ah! These look good!" The little synth emerges from the paper stacks with pamphlets titled, "The Death of All Flesh," "The Coming Diffraction," and "Downloads & Transmissions: Messages from the Titans."

"Have you found anything you like, Chones? Would you like a recommendation?"
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Urson »

Chones
Building good will and contacts is never a waste of time. We might have need of a leg-breaker or two someday.

Chones wanders the aisles of the little shop, idly looking at this and that pamphlet. He blushes a bit when F asks him what he's found. I... can't read. Not much, anyway. Didn't really need to.
FA FO
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by tibbius »

Near the bookstore you saw a couple of cafes. And of course, the famous Black Lotus Club. Where do you choose to while your time?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Under the Vaults of Vaarn (UtVoV)”